Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSU-Global CBE's are Changing December 3rd
Ugh, ok I was planning on taking the CBE for Systems Analysis and Design. Should I maybe take Study.com's course if that will still transfer to TESU?
(11-19-2018, 03:07 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: Ugh, ok I was planning on taking the CBE for Systems Analysis and Design. Should I maybe take Study.com's course if that will still transfer to TESU?

Don't SDC's UL courses require papers or projects? You'll definitely have to complete more quizzes.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(11-19-2018, 03:07 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: Ugh, ok I was planning on taking the CBE for Systems Analysis and Design. Should I maybe take Study.com's course if that will still transfer to TESU?

I guess it depends on whether you want the final exam to be 75% of your grade or 33% of your grade.  Just look at what each requires, and what the grade is based on, and make your decision that way.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-19-2018, 03:29 PM)sanantone Wrote:

Don't SDC's UL courses require papers or projects? You'll definitely have to complete more quizzes.

Yes, the Study.com Systems Analysis & Design course works fine at TESU, that is what I used in my BSBA CIS. And yes, it does require all the normal quizzes, a final exam, and a final project. However, the course content is a bit broken at the moment. It can be completed, but there are errors in the material and the quizzes & final exam; plus the directions for the final project need work. The instructions are ambiguous and they include incorrect details (such as the max length listed is intended to be the minimum length). I couldn't complete the final project until I got an email from the course author at SDC who clarified some of the areas I was having issues with.

According to SDC, they are reviewing that course and plan to fix the open issues in the content, the final exam, and the final project, but as yet it hasn't been done. I've been recommending that people wait to take that course until the revisions are done, but it can be completed now, it is just painful.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • mudball
CSU-Global has updated their website and it looks like they've already replaced all references of CBE's with SSA:

https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/alte...ssessments

They've also changed which courses are available in this format. I don't know the full details for each subject area, but I noticed changes to the HR exams in particular.

I spoke to TESU's advising about what those HR exams would transfer in as, but I'll make a separate thread for that.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
(11-28-2018, 09:26 PM)Muldoon Wrote: CSU-Global has updated their website and it looks like they've already replaced all references of CBE's with SSA:

They've also changed which courses are available in this format. I don't know the full details for each subject area, but I noticed changes to the HR exams in particular.

I spoke to TESU's advising about what those HR exams would transfer in as, but I'll make a separate thread for that.

These look to be the exact same courses they had last time I checked (4/9/18).

They have some listed as HR, but others listed under Org Leadership that might work.

I do have a bunch of courses that they used to have that they no longer offer, but like I said, it was at least 6 months ago that they made any changes.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-29-2018, 01:13 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 09:26 PM)Muldoon Wrote: CSU-Global has updated their website and it looks like they've already replaced all references of CBE's with SSA:

These look to be the exact same courses they had last time I checked (4/9/18).

They have some listed as HR, but others listed under Org Leadership that might work.

I do have a bunch of courses that they used to have that they no longer offer, but like I said, it was at least 6 months ago that they made any changes.

Earlier this year they added several exams in HR, but starting removing them a few months ago. The ones they removed were:

Human Resources Development and Management HRM400EX (3 credits)
Managing and Leading Team Dynamics HRM425EX (3 credits)
Employment Law, Compensation, and Policy HRM450EX (3 credits)
Training and Staff Development HRM455EX (3 credits)

I'm bummed, I really wanted to take the Training one.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
Penn Foster has some HR courses that were just extended on ACE through 2022. I know they're more expensive than some other options, but if it's the only one available...

$329/course

Compensation Management (HRM-341)
Employee Benefits (HRM-337)
Training Concepts (HRM-365)
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia’s Arizona Global Campus Course Equivalency: BUS 311 Business Law I basicunitoflife 4 842 12-29-2022, 12:09 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study.com changing Business 313 jsh1138 0 604 12-09-2021, 04:34 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Sophia and Purdue Global ClockworkHammer 7 2,118 08-24-2021, 09:21 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia and Purdue Global ClockworkHammer 6 2,290 08-04-2021, 03:50 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Purdue Global is working on an ACE badge for old Kaplan course jsd 1 719 01-05-2021, 04:15 PM
  Straighterline platform changing to Acrobatiq courses bjcheung77 13 4,696 08-14-2020, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Marketing 303: Global Marketing for TESU akr680 3 871 05-13-2020, 12:41 PM
Last Post: akr680
  CSU Global saraholson 15 3,289 01-23-2020, 11:09 AM
  CSU Global Federal Individual Taxation CBE feedback bfleshman 4 1,486 01-19-2020, 11:28 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Saylor - Global Understanding for COSC Clepper43 2 1,071 10-10-2019, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Clepper43