Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSU Global Competency Exams - Course descriptions?
I'm trying to get approval for some CSU Competency Exams and I have e-mailed TESU but they said they need course descriptions to know if they can approve it or not. I can't find anything aside from the course numbers and names. I'm not sure what exactly it is that they need. Does anyone know what they are talking about?
Thanks?
you should be able to find them in the catalog.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

Registering for a CSU CBE is free, it only costs later on for the exam. Have a CSU advisor put you in a shell of all the courses you need. Then after you're in the shell courses, you can find the syllabus in the first folder of a shell course, remember none of this should cost you anything yet. The only thing you need to have done is go through the application process, but if you ask the CSU global advisor they usually have a waiver code so you don't have to pay any application fee.
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
When I had to supply a course description to TESU, I just grabbed it from the catalog. Each CSU Global CBE corresponds to a course. Either catalog at the link below should work. The course description will be the same.

https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/academic-catalog
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
A related question - has anyone gotten their accounting CBE's approved? I searched this site but I couldn't find any information. Thanks.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
sarg123 Wrote:A related question - has anyone gotten their accounting CBE's approved? I searched this site but I couldn't find any information. Thanks.

Which ones are you looking at doing? You can take Federal Income Taxation TECEP for much cheaper then a CSU Global Exam. Also, like I said in another thread if you can look through the book in Tax and pass this exam its just as good as taking the course. I am taking a course for Federal Income Tax (unfortunately will count as LL at TESU) and that is pretty much all it is. Also I work for NYS Tax and Finance. If you can look stuff up and figure out the answers your good. There is very little to memorize when doing taxes, well maybe I shouldn't say very little but you don't have to remember the entire tax code.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I took Tax I at my local CC, it was intimidating at first, but once I got into it I realized that it really is a matter of looking things up, so you're right. (It's prob easier if you work in the field though).

I'm looking at Tax II, but I'm not sure if I really need it, though. TESU doesn't require it, and I'm not sure that it's necessary? Also, I may need some for upper level credits - I'm looking at Govt and Non Profit, Forensic, Advanced, and maybe Computer Accounting Systems (or whatever it's called). Thanks.

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
TEEX
sarg123 Wrote:A related question - has anyone gotten their accounting CBE's approved? I searched this site but I couldn't find any information. Thanks.

sanantone has successfully transferred an exam to TESU, and I'm fairly positive she's not the only one who has done so.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
sarg123 Wrote:I took Tax I at my local CC, it was intimidating at first, but once I got into it I realized that it really is a matter of looking things up, so you're right. (It's prob easier if you work in the field though).

I'm looking at Tax II, but I'm not sure if I really need it, though. TESU doesn't require it, and I'm not sure that it's necessary? Also, I may need some for upper level credits - I'm looking at Govt and Non Profit, Forensic, Advanced, and maybe Computer Accounting Systems (or whatever it's called). Thanks.

Sad thing I looked at CSU exams myself. I am currently taking Not-for-Profit Accounting, Accounting Computerized Systems, and Federal Income Taxation from my local CC. They are all considered LL and none of these will fill TESU requirements (I will have them move my Free Electives out and put 2 of these in place). If the Accounting Comp Systems is the same it is a TON of Excel for the class I am taking now. I have learned SO MUCH excel in the 10weeks of this course so far. The TAX TECEP I don't see being so bad. It is three hours and the break down basically tells you hey look go after the 10 point questions first. Then do the 5 point questions. Then whatever time is left finish out the Multiple Choice. You can do the "5"(maybe less maybe more) 10point questions and have 50/60 you need. That is how I will be doing this TECEP. Start with Computational and then Multiple choice. Chances are looking for info on you computational ones you will come across a few answers on the multiple choice questions.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
To clarify, since I already took Tax I, then I'm good and I don't need the TECEP - unless the TECEP would come in as Tax II?

Tests taken so far:

Up ahead:
TEEX

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,192 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com final exams lidel 15 3,340 05-23-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Sophia’s Arizona Global Campus Course Equivalency: BUS 311 Business Law I basicunitoflife 4 846 12-29-2022, 12:09 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Saylor Direct Credit Final Exams Kimberly526 2 1,467 04-18-2022, 01:48 AM
Last Post: Kimberly526
  Straighterline Exams Retake Policy? Pats20 2 1,897 04-03-2022, 06:57 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions for anyone who has taken ACTFL exams rachel83az 6 1,203 03-14-2022, 09:49 PM
Last Post: jazzcat
Information Avant Assessment: Language Proficiency Exams for ACE Credit MNomadic 4 976 02-02-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: irishboy83
  Can't purchase more exams per month at SDC? jamshid666 6 1,191 10-27-2021, 04:52 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Sophia and Purdue Global ClockworkHammer 7 2,133 08-24-2021, 09:21 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia and Purdue Global ClockworkHammer 6 2,299 08-04-2021, 03:50 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77