Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSU Global SSA
Has anyone been able to transfer these to TESU or COSC?

https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/alte...ssessments
CSU Global SSAs used to be CSU Global CBEs. Several people, including myself, have transferred CBEs to TESU. After arguing with COSC for a bit, they decided to accept CBEs, but they could have changed their mind since then. They didn't list any of my CSU Global credits on my advising worksheet. I'm assuming that Excelsior accepts them because they listed them as excess credit on my evaluation instead of credit that's not accepted.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...CSU-Global
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Are there any upper-level courses available for CIS?
------------------

(10-24-2019, 02:05 PM)akr680 Wrote: Are there any upper-level courses available for CIS?

There are a bunch for Accounting. Thsoe are the one's I'm interested in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tjguitar85's post:
  • akr680
CSU Global is giving me the run around on taking an SSA:

"Students must take a regular course with a SSA. You cannot enroll just for a SSA by itself. Are there any other courses that you need to take? You do also have the option to take the Auditing course as a stand alone course as a non degree seeking option. "

What's up with that?
Available courses for CS

CSC200Computer Science Fundamentals
CSC205Logic and Design
CSC210Introduction to Algorithms
CSC300Operating Systems and Architecture
CSC320Programming I
MIS350Information Systems Analysis and Design
CSC372Programming II
CSC400Data Structures and Algorithms
CSC405Graphics & Visualization
CSC410Artificial Intelligence
CSC450Programming III
CSC470Software Engineering
CSC475Platform Based Development
ITS315Introduction to Networks
ITS325Technology, Ethics, and Global Community
ITS410Database Management
ITS415Principles of Cyber Security
CSC480Computer Science Capstone
MIS370Web Analytics
MIS470Data Science Foundations
MIS407Database Concepts
MIS445Statistics in Business Analytics
MIS450Data Mining
------------------

(11-01-2019, 07:09 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote: CSU Global is giving me the run around on taking an SSA:

"Students must take a regular course with a SSA. You cannot enroll just for a SSA by itself. Are there any other courses that you need to take? You do also have the option to take the Auditing course as a stand alone course as a non degree seeking option. "

What's up with that?

Apparently they've changed their policies on the SSA's, at least that's what I'm getting.  I'd never heard anyone having a problem taking SSA's alone until very recently.

I'd find another option.

What do you need to take?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-03-2019, 01:38 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 07:09 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote: CSU Global is giving me the run around on taking an SSA:

What's up with that?

Apparently they've changed their policies on the SSA's, at least that's what I'm getting.  I'd never heard anyone having a problem taking SSA's alone until very recently.

I'd find another option.

What do you need to take?

I need to take a 3 credits auditing course as a requirement for job qualifications.  I can do that separately from my BSBA, but either way, it appears the cheapest option is going to be spending the ~$1k on a course at either CSU Global or TESU.
Not sure if this will work, but others here have talked about Oakton Community College for accounting credits. I just checked, and they do have a three credit auditing course. I think their online courses cost the same as in-state tuition. Here is a listing of the accounting courses they offered online for Fall 2019. You'll see Audit there.

https://www.oakton.edu/academics/distanc...g#listings
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
(11-03-2019, 09:49 AM)tesu-acct-student Wrote: Not sure if this will work, but others here have talked about Oakton Community College for accounting credits. I just checked, and they do have a three credit auditing course. I think their online courses cost the same as in-state tuition. Here is a listing of the accounting courses they offered online for Fall 2019. You'll see Audit there.

https://www.oakton.edu/academics/distanc...g#listings

Thanks for the tip! That is perfect, since it's 200 level maybe it is less writing intensive.

BTW, In case others are curious, here are the syllabi for CSU Globla and TESU's auditing courses.  CSU Global seems to be substantially more writing intensive, but it has no exams. TESU has two exams which are weighted heavily in the overall grade.

CSU Global @ https://fileman.csuglobal.edu/course_sup...llabus.pdf

TESU @ https://www2.tesu.edu/syllabus/current/A...C-411.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CSU global to tesu comp sci Pats20 10 1,384 12-18-2020, 06:16 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  TESU Civic & Global Learning Section Acam10 15 2,259 04-30-2019, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Merlin