Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSU Pueblo Independent Study Cost?
Does anyone know how much Independent Study courses through CSU Pueblo cost? There are a couple I'm considering but can't find pricing info.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Tuition for each course can be found in the Extended Studies catalog. Most courses are $555.

https://www.csupueblo.edu/extended-studi..._final.pdf
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Thank you, sanantone.

Does anyone know if these courses show up with grades on the transcript or are they simply pass/fail?
Completed:

Up Next:

These are regular courses taken at an RA school, so you get grades. I'm not certain if there's a minimum amount of time you have to take to complete the course like BYU has - I'm guessing there is though.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I was reading through some pages of the catalog today, and there is a minimum. I think it said eight weeks but I don't remember for sure. Thanks for the info on grades, I was pretty certain but I know some schools/programs don't do traditional grades. Something like this seems perfect for me to rack up a couple more graded credits during the summer when I'm mostly not busy but have a couple periods of extreme busyness that would interfere with my ability to handle a normal course structure.
Completed:

Up Next:

(11-25-2018, 01:37 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: I was reading through some pages of the catalog today, and there is a minimum. I think it said eight weeks but I don't remember for sure. Thanks for the info on grades, I was pretty certain but I know some schools/programs don't do traditional grades. Something like this seems perfect for me to rack up a couple more graded credits during the summer when I'm mostly not busy but have a couple periods of extreme busyness that would interfere with my ability to handle a normal course structure.

I'd be interested to know how you like these courses and what they are like. I tried my hand at a couple Indy courses through... was it Idaho? I don't remember now, but they were a disaster lol. I dropped both the first week. I haev always looked at the BYU classes too, but never pulled the trigger. I'd love to hear how it goes for you.
(11-25-2018, 12:22 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 01:37 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: I was reading through some pages of the catalog today, and there is a minimum. I think it said eight weeks but I don't remember for sure. Thanks for the info on grades, I was pretty certain but I know some schools/programs don't do traditional grades. Something like this seems perfect for me to rack up a couple more graded credits during the summer when I'm mostly not busy but have a couple periods of extreme busyness that would interfere with my ability to handle a normal course structure.

I'd be interested to know how you like these courses and what they are like. I tried my hand at a couple Indy courses through... was it Idaho? I don't remember now, but they were a disaster lol. I dropped both the first week. I haev always looked at the BYU classes too, but never pulled the trigger. I'd love to hear how it goes for you.

Yeah I actually did a good amount of research on these types of courses late last night and I think I'm going to do a good chunk of them. Basically switch my plan from overloading at the local community college to doing the bare minimum to keep full-time status (which is less than half of what I'm doing this quarter) so I still get my Pell grant and state need grant money and doing stuff like this (through CSU Pueblo, Ohio U, BYU, etc.) on top of it. A little more expensive to do these than extra CC classes but with these I can do things that actually fit into a degree plan instead of solely serving as graded credits and earning WAY too many electives. I'll probably start a thread for these types of courses soon, as I think I'll start up on one of them mid-January or so just to test the waters before fully committing to that.

Do you mind sharing what the issues you had were? U of Idaho is on my radar for this (though I probably won't end up taking one of theirs)
Completed:

Up Next:

(11-25-2018, 05:36 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 12:22 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

Yeah I actually did a good amount of research on these types of courses late last night and I think I'm going to do a good chunk of them. Basically switch my plan from overloading at the local community college to doing the bare minimum to keep full-time status (which is less than half of what I'm doing this quarter) so I still get my Pell grant and state need grant money and doing stuff like this (through CSU Pueblo, Ohio U, BYU, etc.) on top of it. A little more expensive to do these than extra CC classes but with these I can do things that actually fit into a degree plan instead of solely serving as graded credits and earning WAY too many electives. I'll probably start a thread for these types of courses soon, as I think I'll start up on one of them mid-January or so just to test the waters before fully committing to that.

Do you mind sharing what the issues you had were? U of Idaho is on my radar for this (though I probably won't end up taking one of theirs)

Well I don't trust my memory, but as luck would have it, I commented about it at the time. (August 2009)
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ight=Idaho

and then I dropped....but didn't post why. Later (2014) I shared that I dropped because of the TA (that sounds like me lol). Still, probably a few additional links you can explore in these threads.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ight=Idaho

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 386 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 258 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 369 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  GCU fined for misleading cost estimates clep3705 2 372 11-03-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,109 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,322 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  50 States - Average cost of college 2023 bjcheung77 1 397 08-16-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,324 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  New poll shows that majority of Americans now think college isn't worth the cost LevelUP 11 1,167 04-01-2023, 09:55 AM
Last Post: ss20ts