Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calculator Help. . .
Hey Everyone, just thought this info may be helpful.
I recently bought a new calculator for the Dantes Statistics test and was having trouble figuring out how to use the stat keys, :eek: but this website really helped as it actually explained what keys to push as you went through a problem.
Hope this helps.
http://www.geocities.com/calculatorhelp/

[SIZE="3"]~*Brooke[/SIZE]
Oh yeah, and it lists all kinds of calculators. . .
Neat website! Do you know which calculators are allowed on the Stat exam?
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
sgloer Wrote:Neat website! Do you know which calculators are allowed on the Stat exam?

Steve,

I believe the only restrictions are that it cannot be a graphing calculator and it cannot be programmable.

I personally am using the Texas Instruments BA II+. It is a financial calculator that has several important statistics functions too.
If you search for Statistics on this site you will see that there are several threads on it. One of them is very helpful in telling you what kind of calculators are 'legal' and which ones are programmable (you can't use a porgrammable calc)
There are some great free resources out there that I have been using and it's very encouraging.
~*Brooke
Here's a link to the other thread. . .
http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...statistics

~*Brooke
The TI-30Xa is a legal, non-programmable calculator though I ended up using my trusty TI-55III semi-programmable with no questions asked. I brought the TI-30Xa just incase they said "No" to the TI-55. Not much difference though the TI-55 has Correlation calculations which is one of the longest formulas, though I can't remember necessarily needing the calculator for it. The test is designed to require only the cheesiest of calculators. The TI-30Xa has Sum of, mean, SD(both sample and population), permutation, combination, factorial, square and square root. It was only about $12 and came with simple instuctions. Learn to use it as you go, along with a fair understanding of the formulas. I wrote them on note cards and sifted through them several times a day to memorize them.

Let me know if you need any further info.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Calculator for Saylor Business Statistics? keepsingin 7 2,606 10-21-2017, 11:19 PM
Last Post: keepsingin
  Calculator that changes CLEP score to a percentage!! zapproximator 3 8,072 03-28-2017, 08:08 AM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Help using the scientific calculator downloaded from the clep site purp!chickpot822 4 1,772 07-16-2015, 01:37 PM
Last Post: purp!chickpot822
  College Algebra Calculator matchboxlife 1 774 05-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Last Post: adavis84
  PF Financial Mgmt Question - Calculator?? AngelaP 10 902 03-26-2015, 08:29 AM
Last Post: AngelaP
  Calculator for Principles of Finance DSST? Kaskadian 1 1,571 03-01-2015, 08:52 AM
Last Post: OfficerA
  Straighterline Calculus Graphing Calculator UptonSinclair 0 1,459 11-15-2014, 12:16 AM
Last Post: UptonSinclair
  Scientific Calculator and Algebra CLEP hypertweeky 9 1,442 09-08-2014, 07:37 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  College Algebra CLEP: Can anyone tell me what the calculator will be like? WallaWallaWalla 3 813 06-14-2014, 07:45 PM
Last Post: WallaWallaWalla
  Calculator on the Marketing CLEP? lpe04 2 609 03-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Westerner