Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone share their experience with Tel Learning courses?
If anyone has taken American Government, Intro to Biology, Physical Sciences, and/or Intro to Christianity from Tel Learning, would you please share your experiences?  

Trying to see if any of these might be a good source of RA credit for a relative who's used to Sophia and has taken a course at ASU, but is looking for a self-paced option.

Thanks!
My daughter is taking TEL Biology - I can give more info when she finishes (hopefully this month or early next).

She has not taken Sophia or ASU courses, but she is a CC student so took 4 courses last term and did ok. That's all she can compare to.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Please anyone with experience with TEL Learning, please advise how it went ?
Since TEL Learning is the subject here I am tagging on to ask if anyone knows if their American Government meets TESU's degree requirement for Civic Engagement.   No need to clutter the board with another thread since the OP also asked about this class.   Big Grin

I could use some more RA options for my degree plan and had initially thought to take this one at Straighterline, but if TEL is RA and transfers to meet the requirement that may be a better choice for me.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
15 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
80 Credits
TEL Learning American Government should transfer into the Civic Engagement area and also hit 3 RA credits for you, NC Coach from your signature, that would be 9 credits RA. You should take some TECEPS, the easier ones that are lower level, towards the general education requirements. Are you going for a BSBA or a BALS?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-20-2021, 08:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: TEL Learning American Government should transfer into the Civic Engagement area and also hit 3 RA credits for you, NC Coach from your signature, that would be 9 credits RA. You should take some TECEPS, the easier ones that are lower level, towards the general education requirements. Are you going for a BSBA or a BALS?

Thank you for the info. What I'd like to do is get the ASBA while also obtaining the BA in History. I don't need a degree for my career, so this is more for personal fulfillment than anything. I'm only about 10 years from retirement and enjoy the subject of history quite a bit so it seems like a good fit.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
15 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
80 Credits
I was curious about TEL Learning as well, specifically their intro to IT and quantitative analysis classes? Are they mostly busy work? High quality? Comparable to ASU EA?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(01-21-2021, 04:28 PM)MNomadic Wrote: I was curious about TEL Learning as well, specifically their intro to IT and quantitative analysis classes? Are they mostly busy work? High quality? Comparable to ASU EA?

I can't give info on those, but I will about Bio when my kid is done.  She has not complained about busywork, but she has said it's comparable to her other courses at her CC, minus the teachers who are crappy and give assignments with 1 day to complete them, and do the calendars wrong, and require an inordinate amount of time on their chat things, or Zoom.

She hasn't taken an EA/ASU (and wont') so we can't compare.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • cwendy111, MNomadic
TEL also allows you to review the content of all of their courses through the following link:  TEL Free Library
TEL notes that the free versions of the courses are the same as the paid version except they don't include mastery assignments.
[-] The following 5 users Like williamsle's post:
  • cwendy111, jch, MNomadic, Pikachu, tussive
(01-21-2021, 06:54 PM)williamsle Wrote: TEL also allows you to review the content of all of their courses through the following link:  TEL Free Library
TEL notes that the free versions of the courses are the same as the paid version except they don't include mastery assignments.

That's great! I may have missed it, but is there a way to see a course syllabus? It would be useful to see the assignment and score breakdowns. Thanks!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 3,913 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,767 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 787 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 572 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 277 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 678 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 298 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 576 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Spanish - Learning website security breach bjcheung77 1 1,095 12-24-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Johann