Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone share their experience with Tel Learning courses?
(01-21-2021, 07:17 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 06:54 PM)williamsle Wrote: TEL also allows you to review the content of all of their courses through the following link:  TEL Free Library
TEL notes that the free versions of the courses are the same as the paid version except they don't include mastery assignments.

That's great! I may have missed it, but is there a way to see a course syllabus? It would be useful to see the assignment and score breakdowns. Thanks!

You can download a syllabus for each of the free courses that has assignment and grade weight information.  After clicking on one of the free courses, the course Home Page should come up.  Scroll down under the picture of the course on the right hand side of the screen and click the "Documents" button.  You should then be able to access the course syllabus.
[-] The following 1 user Likes williamsle's post:
  • Pikachu
(01-21-2021, 07:53 PM)williamsle Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 07:17 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 06:54 PM)williamsle Wrote: TEL also allows you to review the content of all of their courses through the following link:  TEL Free Library
TEL notes that the free versions of the courses are the same as the paid version except they don't include mastery assignments.

That's great! I may have missed it, but is there a way to see a course syllabus? It would be useful to see the assignment and score breakdowns. Thanks!

You can download a syllabus for each of the free courses that has assignment and grade weight information.  After clicking on one of the free courses, the course Home Page should come up.  Scroll down under the picture of the course on the right hand side of the screen and click the "Documents" button.  You should then be able to access the course syllabus.
I see it now. The Quantitative Analysis course I was looking at before doesn't have the syllabus as an option but the Intro to IT course does. Thanks for the help!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
If you know what to look for, the PDFs of the syllabuses for all TEL Learning courses can be obtained easily enough. For archival purposes, I downloaded syllabuses for all currently-available TEL Learning classes, including the labs.

The Biology and Chemistry labs have a long list of supplies that you will use throughout the course. Some of these, such as baking soda or rubbing alcohol, may be difficult for international students to obtain. (Rubbing alcohol in the US is usually isopropyl while outside of the US it may be ethanol or methanol; I don't know if this would change the results of whatever these supplies are being used for.)

For the Physical Sciences lab, you need only a notebook.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
(01-21-2021, 08:24 PM)rachel83az Wrote: If you know what to look for, the PDFs of the syllabuses for all TEL Learning courses can be obtained easily enough. For archival purposes, I downloaded syllabuses for all currently-available TEL Learning classes, including the labs.

The Biology and Chemistry labs have a long list of supplies that you will use throughout the course. Some of these, such as baking soda or rubbing alcohol, may be difficult for international students to obtain. (Rubbing alcohol in the US is usually isopropyl while outside of the US it may be ethanol or methanol; I don't know if this would change the results of whatever these supplies are being used for.)

This is why I'm looking for someone who can relate their actual experiences with TelLearning, preferably as compared to other self-paced alternatives like Sophia or SDC.

For example, the closest thing I can find to a syllabus for Intro to Christianity is this chart, in which TelLearning seems to be pointing out with evident pride how grueling the course is, as compared to similar courses in other schools:

Attached Files
.png   image_2021-01-25_184132.png (Size: 68.61 KB / Downloads: 35)
(01-25-2021, 06:40 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 08:24 PM)rachel83az Wrote: If you know what to look for, the PDFs of the syllabuses for all TEL Learning courses can be obtained easily enough. For archival purposes, I downloaded syllabuses for all currently-available TEL Learning classes, including the labs.

This is why I'm looking for someone who can relate their actual experiences with TelLearning, preferably as compared to other self-paced alternatives like Sophia or SDC.

For example, the closest thing I can find to a syllabus for Intro to Christianity is this chart, in which TelLearning seems to be pointing out with evident pride how grueling the course is, as compared to similar courses in other schools:

https://tel-courses.org/uploads/media_im...ianity.pdf
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
(01-25-2021, 07:06 PM)rachel83az Wrote: https://tel-courses.org/uploads/media_im...ianity.pdf

Thanks, Rachel. It certainly does sound more challenging than the typical Sophia or ASU EA course.
(01-25-2021, 07:33 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 07:06 PM)rachel83az Wrote: https://tel-courses.org/uploads/media_im...ianity.pdf

Thanks, Rachel.  It certainly does sound more challenging than the typical Sophia or ASU EA course.

It definitely does sound more challenging, yes.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

I didnt think you actually needed to complete labs for Biology using TEL, remember someone mentioning that, maybe I was wrong.
(02-22-2021, 09:05 AM)thepoetvd776 Wrote:

I didnt think you actually needed to complete labs for Biology using TEL, remember someone mentioning that, maybe I was wrong.

It depends on what school you're going to. TESU does not require a lab science. COSC requires at least one lab science. If you're looking to fill your lab science requirement with RA credits, it helps to know which science might be the easiest to complete based on which supplies you can or cannot obtain.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(01-25-2021, 06:40 PM)ctcarl Wrote:

I dont see that as pointing out how “grueling” the course may be.

I see that as appealing to those who realize accumulating points via the quizzes may lead to the final being less streasful.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 3,760 Yesterday, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,762 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 787 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 569 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 275 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 675 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 298 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 576 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Spanish - Learning website security breach bjcheung77 1 1,095 12-24-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Johann