Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone explain to me registering for TECEPS and not taking them?
(02-23-2021, 02:22 PM)bluebooger Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 04:00 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 03:56 PM)protagonist Wrote: Interesting.  Does this also make count as "enrolled," and also eligible to do additional transcript evaluations?  IE, I can just bring in my Sophia/SDC credits as I finish them?

Yes - which is one of the reasons we tell people to do this.

so how does "enrolled" in protagonist's post apply to this 
https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/flat-rate-tuition             

"Students registering for fewer than 9 credits per term will continue to be enrolled under Per Credit Tuition"

"Per Credit Undergraduate Tuition              
Out-of-state Residents: $519"

so you're paying $519 for a one credit TECEP to maintain your enrollment status ?

Depending on which TECEP you choose, you pay $50/cr for LL ones and $75/cr for UL ones.  I would choose the 1cr LL exam.  $50 to become an enrolled student.

As for what you're linking to, if you enroll for courses, it's $519/cr.  A TECEP is not a course.

If you enrolled for 9cr or less worth of courses in a single term, you'd pay $519/cr.  If you enrolled in 10cr or more of courses in a single term, you'd pay the flat rate.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/w...ke-a-tecep

I'm 99% sure the basic medical terminology one is LL, so $50.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Just to confirm - I did enroll in the medical terminology tecep. It was $50. Sometime in March my status should change to enrolled, and I will post here just to confirm with others.
BOG AAS from Pierpont
Tracking my journey on https://holbrook.blog
[-] The following 1 user Likes protagonist's post:
  • rachel83az
(02-23-2021, 06:44 PM)protagonist Wrote: Just to confirm - I did enroll in the medical terminology tecep.  It was $50.  Sometime in March my status should change to enrolled, and I will post here just to confirm with others.

You will become enrolled 10 days after the start of the term in which you are enrolled. So if you registered for a TECEP in the March term, and the beginning of the term is say, March 3rd, you will become enrolled on March 13th or 14th. After which you can withdraw from the TECEP or just forget about it and let it become a "not taken" on your transcript. Either way you don't get any money back.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador