Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you help me plan my degree path?
So...

That's the ball game.

Quote:Mr. High_Order1

I am pleased to inform you that you have been certified for a BA in Liberal Studies for March 2018 Graduation. You will receive a confirmation email Monday morning. Congratulations!

I think I'd like to stick around, and mentor people if they want it. I'd consider doing a writeup of the TESU PLA process, if anyone thinks that might be beneficial. Maybe one sharing my capstone experience (that was the main thing I didn't know about and really didn't find a lot of data on.)

Want to wait until diploma in hand, however, and I kind of am academically-induced brain numb right now.

So, March will be two years.

I am living proof of the power of this board. I would never have considered this path had I not stumbled into here. I'd like to sincerely thank each and every one of you, honestly.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

[-] The following 9 users Like High_Order1's post:
  • ajs1976a, davewill, eriehiker, Ideas, Life Long Learning, Muldoon, originalamyj, quigongene, zapproximator
Congrats, college grad!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • High_Order1
Congrats!!!
-Zapproximator

My journey to a bachelor's degree by 18 (with my flashcards, exam tips, and notes)---> bachelorsby18.wordpress.com

Super quick bio: Homeschooled teen who loves music, writing, hanging out with friends, and doing stuff outside - unless it's 80+ Wink

-------------------------
42/120 Credits
CLEP: Principles of Marketing 75, Principles of Management 66, A&I Literature 59, Intro Psychology 64, US History 1 68, US History 2 69, Sociology 61, Western Civ 1, Western Civ 2 55, Biology 51, Microecon 67, Macroecon 68, Educational Psychology 74, College Algebra (in progress), College Composition (in progress)
AP: Statistics, Spanish (both in progress)
[-] The following 1 user Likes zapproximator's post:
  • High_Order1
(02-09-2018, 10:23 AM)High_Order1 Wrote: I think I'd like to stick around, and mentor people if they want it. I'd consider doing a writeup of the TESU PLA process, if anyone thinks that might be beneficial. Maybe one sharing my capstone experience (that was the main thing I didn't know about and really didn't find a lot of data on.)

I think that would be great since I'm sure there are others beyond myself who are curious and interested in potentially incorporating PLA into a degree plan. So more info is always helpful... particularly if it includes examples for people to use as a point of reference to understand the type of work necessary and format of the material. Yeah, you'd also learn that from the PLA-100/200 courses at TESU (or open courses) but real world experience is a plus. Plus, given the cost, I'd like to know more before I invest in the PLA-200 course.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(01-23-2018, 10:02 PM)High_Order1 Wrote: Well...
Grade is back on my capstone course.

71 page, 17,068 word culminating paper.

Graded in 14 areas, 0-5 rating.

Got 8 5's and 6 4's.

Paper=94%

Course= 98%

Now waiting on the last five classes I took this semester to post (could be end of February).

Congrats!!!

I'd love to hear about your Capstone experience. That's a huge paper. What was your topic?
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
[-] The following 1 user Likes originalamyj's post:
  • High_Order1
Congrats on your degree!!!!!

Would also love to hear about your capstone.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
[-] The following 1 user Likes mudball's post:
  • High_Order1
Congrats on finishing.

I would like to hear more about your experiences with PLA and capstone, but I understanding wanting to wait until you have the paper in your hand.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
[-] The following 1 user Likes ajs1976a's post:
  • High_Order1
(02-10-2018, 12:27 AM)originalamyj Wrote: I'd love to hear about your Capstone experience. That's a huge paper. What was your topic?

It was on the role of high capacity firearm magazines, if any, in modern America. I was able to interview some fairly big personalities on the topic and did a survey that received almost 500 responses before I cut it off. It was probed from the point of end users, to see if they were actually necessary, if they were a major constituent in crime, and if they were even properly named.

I can't say there was anything groundbreaking in it, but it provided a lot of data for further study by future investigators on the topic.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

WOW!!! that’s awesome. A fascinating topic. I love hearing such interesting topic ideas. Smile
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
(12-20-2017, 10:38 PM)davewill Wrote: In general, I would say that the thinner your experience, the more you're going to have to write to convince the examiner that you've covered all the learning objectives.

I'm thinking this is true too.

Did you get approved for every portfolio that you attempted?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 706 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 296 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 680 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,849 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 229 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 602 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 535 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 293 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 891 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,255 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM