Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian Strategy
I'm new to this and have tried to find some kind of equivalent clep program for canadian schools with not much luck.
is there a way to get an American degree using clep exams cheap without having to move to the states and would it be recognized in Canada? i reside in Edmonton, Alberta and Ive looked into my local colleges and it seems all of the schools require 50% residency... stingy bastards. any links or info would be appreciated thank-you!
I think Athabasca University has a 24 credit residency for their 4 year degrees. Yes, any regionally accredited college would be recognized in Canada. The Big 3 would be a perfect fit.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
videogamesrock Wrote:I think Athabasca University has a 24 credit residency for their 4 year degrees. Yes, any regionally accredited college would be recognized in Canada. The Big 3 would be a perfect fit.

That's the program I would refer people to as well. The Athabasca University BGS doesn't have any requirements, just take all 3 years at a community college or NAIT.
Another option is Thompson Rivers University has 15 credit residency requirement. Again, just like Athabasca University, take everything at the colleges and transfer!!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You would not have to move to the US to go to a US college, international students are allowed at most (all?) schools here. The main issue I think would be getting your credits from Canada evaluated and I have no idea how much that costs.

No residency required at any of the Big 3, except that you have to take Cornerstone and Capstone courses through the schools. So 1-2 courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
While Athabasca University's BGS program does not have a residency requirement, it does not accept CLEP, DSST, and other CBEs. You can only transfer in college courses from other accredited schools. Is there a reason why this thread is in the graduate school section?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I live in Toronto and I am doing a degree via COSC. I have not (and will never) have to step foot in Connecticut but I have had to leave the country and travel to Buffalo, NY 2 times (and one more time in September) to write CLEP exams. All the rest I have been able to do from home via the internet (Study.com / ALEKS / Saylor) or have been able to do them at a physical testing center (UExcel in downtown Toronto --and-- DSST in either Mississauga or Hamilton, Ontario).

Since it is a regionally accredited school is should be no problem to get the degree recognized up here.

Hope this helped.
Completed BSc in Business Administration (COSC) May 31st, 2017

(Study.com) Psychology 101 / Psychology 102 / US History 1 / Principles of Management / Western Civilization II / Environmental Science 101 / Psychology 103 / US History 2 / Geology 101 / Earth Science / Psychology 107 / Political Science 102 / Sociology 101 / Principles of Marketing / Financial Accounting / Managerial Accounting / Principles of Finance
(Saylor) Business Law and Ethics
(DSST) Vietnam War / World Religions / Business Ethics and Society / Technical Writing / Management Information Systems
(CLEP) Microeconomics / Macroeconomics / English Literature / American Literature / College Composition
(UExcel) Human Resource Management / Research Methods in Psychology / World Population / Labor Relations / Psychology of Adulthood & Aging / Social Psychology / BioEthics / Organizational Behavior
(COSC) Conerstone / Capstone
(Straighterline) Intro to Communications / Biology Lab / Business Statistics
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinHead's post:
  • Ken2019

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question MBA or MA - Canadian Student zzzz24 38 4,551 06-04-2022, 08:36 AM
Last Post: smartdegree
  Free Canadian Master's degrees rachel83az 0 883 08-14-2021, 03:44 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Anyone here completed or pursuing a non-U.S./Canadian Masters degree ? StoicJ 9 3,430 06-08-2017, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Yenisei