Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA or MA - Canadian Student
Question 
Hello,

Haven't been on here in a while - been a couple years since I received my TESU degree. 
I am considering doing an MBA or a masters program... or possibly a designation (but don't really want to keep up with on-going credits to maintain a designation). 

Haven't kept up with the options on here.  Any advice?  Anything online and quick and easy compared to the TESU route? 
I remember WGU was only open to American students.

Thanks
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
There are a few threads related to these two competency-based programs (potentially quick but not necessarily easy)
UMPI MA in Organizational Leadership: https://www.umpi.edu/yourpace/maol/
NAU MCIT: http://catalog.nau.edu/Catalog/details?p...gYear=2122

Other competency-based programs: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...d_Programs
ENEB programs: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/ENEB
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
It depends what your interests are in and your current commitments, also your budget and time constraints...  I suggest a few options in order:

1) Affordable: HAU MBA for $3K USD, it's RA too, you should quickly jump on this deal as it's a "once in a lifetime", several Canadians and other board members got on the deal last year and some are starting this month for the first session or second session starting March 28th.

2) Speed:  UMASS Global MAOL for $3.5K USD/6 Months, you may be able to complete this in one term of 6 months.  It's using the same system as UMPI MAOL, I don't know if there have been changes, but UMPI made some changes to shorten the writing requirements.

3) Ease: UMPI MAOL for $2K/term, you may need 2 terms to finish.  Same system as above, learning requirements have changed slightly.
4) Alternative: Walden MBA or Masters HRM, $2900/term + $165 fee each term, total if you can finish in two terms is roughly $6K USD.

5) Audit/Content: ENEB MBA & MA (Big Data is what I recommend as it was evaluated as a Masters from NARIC Belgium).  I took 3 from them just to learn the material, you can think of it as an audit or self paced learning of their courses just to get more familiar with subject matter that interest you.  They still have the deal open at $249USD/Masters.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • JPN
(02-13-2022, 05:31 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It depends what your interests are in and your current commitments, also your budget and time constraints...  I suggest a few options in order:

1) Affordable: HAU MBA for $3K USD, it's RA too, you should quickly jump on this deal as it's a "once in a lifetime", several Canadians and other board members got on the deal last year and some are starting this month for the first session or second session starting March 28th.

The $3k deal at HAU for their MBA is for U.S. students only - the OP is Canadian
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Technically, the program is open to Internationally students as well I think... bmac66 and cerich67 are both Canadian if I recall correctly, cerich67 is in the US currently though and they were the ones I was referring to in my previous post. Here's a thread from last month: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...M-Dec-2021
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Canadian here. Both HAU and WGU accept Canadians in the MBA program. I'm currently enrolled in one and was accepted in the other.

MBA, magna cum laude,  Hellenic American University 
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University
ASBA, Thomas Edison State University
Associate of Arts,  Thomas Edison State University
Business Management/Industrial Relations,  Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Mortgage Brokerage Licensing(MBABC),  Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
Do we know how ENEB degrees will be accepted in Canada? Its potential downsides should be mentioned. I don't know if this is still true, but Canada wouldn't even recognize American degrees from nationally accredited schools at one point.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • jsd, ss20ts
(02-14-2022, 12:36 PM)sanantone Wrote: Do we know how ENEB degrees will be accepted in Canada? Its potential downsides should be mentioned. I don't know if this is still true, but Canada wouldn't even recognize American degrees from nationally accredited schools at one point.

My understanding is ICES won't even look at titulo propios (https://www.bcit.ca/ices/country-specific-information/). I don't think other evaluation services would be much better. I would stay clear of ENEB if I was Canadian.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • jsd
When it comes to Universidad Isabel I/ENEB, it is true that there may be a problem with getting an evaluation from one of the members of the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada. But keep in mind that the other services have not officially taken the ICES stance. However, I would not jump to the conclusion that this is a bad deal for Canadians, even if all the services took this exact stance against the evaluation of titulos propios. First of all, the Spanish titulos propio degrees are primarily intended for the private sector. In Canada, you may not even need to to get an evaluation to work in the private business sector. However, you might need that evaluation for licensing and public sector work. Still, the public sector work is not even the intended purpose of the Spanish degree! Secondly, you can still potentially get a Canadian evaluation from a reputable source, if it is requested in the Canadian private sector. I am thinking of https://www.ece.org/ECE/Applicants-to-Ca...stitutions. ECE has evaluated the UI1/ENEB degrees at the Bachelor's level for the U.S. There is a good chance that they will do the same for Canada. ECE evaluations are now accepted at several major institutions in Western Canada, as ECE continues to expand into other parts of Canada in terms of acceptance. In the future, ECE hopes to apply to the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada. There is a way out.
WES Canada doesn't recognize ENEB degrees either. I have a message in an ENEB Whatsapp group that testifies to that.

If someone is looking for a Master's degree, and is Canadian, I would not recommend ENEB. (I wouldn't recommend that for US citizens either if that's their goal, but I don't want to rehash all that).
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,093 03-27-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  My Duke Student Blog Post ThatBankDude 1 227 03-04-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Most affordable online Master in Finance for international student David1477 23 2,292 12-12-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Online MBA- potential student Love2LearnAlways 29 2,789 09-19-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Which UK university offer the cheapest MBA top up for foreign student? soulblader 9 1,272 03-10-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: soulblader
  MBA grad with >$300k salary complains about MBA student loan smartdegree 8 1,207 08-17-2022, 03:43 PM
Last Post: wow
  Free Canadian Master's degrees rachel83az 0 883 08-14-2021, 03:44 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  200m bronze medalist online or extended campus student? sanantone 35 2,983 08-09-2021, 11:22 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Officially a Grad Student ss20ts 16 2,674 07-16-2021, 09:20 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Free APPLICATION from Havard, but it is for needs base student Imbanewbie 13 1,689 06-21-2021, 10:54 AM
Last Post: ThatBankDude