Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA or MA - Canadian Student
Thanks for the replies.

I am only interested in something accredited/RA. Would definitely prefer a degree from a western country vs Spain. An actual public university with a physical location would be ideal.
This is another reason why I felt TESU was the best choice out of the big 3 previously as well.

Cost is not an issue, as my employer would pay minimum 50% of it. This is more just to top off my resume as well, I don't really require it.
I am mainly looking for the 'easiest' based on the courses, then speed, then cost in that order.

Not to offend anyone here, but HAU, just the name, doesn't sound great to me on a resume. University of Maine or WGU definitely sounds better in my opinion.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
University of Maine at Presque Isle is a great choice for undergraduate degrees. I loved the place. Graduate degrees...not so much, or maybe not yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes openair's post:
  • ss20ts
(02-14-2022, 05:54 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 05:39 PM)smartdegree Wrote: I don't like this situation, but it is what it is.  Because of how cheap tuition is in Canada, the job market is flooded with underemployed grads from top local universities.  In Quebec, you can get an MBA for $2K to 3K if you're a local.  In Ontario, almost all academic/research masters (non-MBA) are fully funded (free tuition) for locals.  If you're the employer who would you hire first?

Wow an MBA for $2-3K? That's pretty amazing. I know there's the HAU option in the US, but that's really rare and probably won't last forever as it has specific funding.

Yes, Quebec tuition is ridiculously cheap for Quebec residents.  Almost all professionals I work with in Quebec have an MBA or some other masters degree.  However, you need to speak French to study in Quebec schools (except for a couple of Anglo schools like McGill and Concordia that most Québécois don't consider real Quebec schools LOL).
[-] The following 1 user Likes smartdegree's post:
  • ss20ts
(02-14-2022, 06:07 PM)smartdegree Wrote: Yes, Quebec tuition is ridiculously cheap for Quebec residents.  Almost all professionals I work with in Quebec have an MBA or some other masters degree.  However, you need to speak French to study in Quebec schools (except for a couple of Anglo schools like McGill and Concordia that most Québécois don't consider real Quebec schools LOL).

The little bit I know about Quebec is that they are very particular when it comes to language and their beloved French. VERY particular. It is interesting that the rest of Canada is not like this.

(02-14-2022, 06:04 PM)openair Wrote: University of Maine at Presque Isle is a great choice for undergraduate degrees. I loved the place. Graduate degrees...not so much, or maybe not yet.

Yeah there's only the one master's and it was a lot of work when ashkir completed it. It's been modified but no one on here has leaped in yet. I was going to do it but I really want to get into project management so I passed. I was sooooooo happy I passed once I saw how much work ashkir was doing. One class was over 200 pages of writing. Nope. Not for me. I think that would scare off a lot of people even many who enjoy writing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • openair
It shows international students are still not accepted on the WGU site from what I can find, although I did a chat request and the person said we are eligible.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
Not sure how you define easy, but the University of Illinois (UIUC), a pretty well known US school, offers their Masters in Management fully online for just US$11K. It's only 12 months and they have performance based admissions (which means it's relatively easy to get in regardless of your GPA/background as long as you do well during provisional admissions). It's also a much stronger brand to have on your resume compared to your other choices.

https://giesbusiness.illinois.edu/gradua...nt/tuition

If by easy you mean you will breeze through the courses, I don't know any school that will just give you an A or B for showing up and not doing any work. But honestly, if you do find one that does, you're better off just getting some executive education/online certificate or professional qualifications (e.g. PMP) on your resume.
ss20ts,

You should be getting free access and unlimited completion time for UMPI's Master's program based on the number of people that you've encouraged to enroll in their Bachelor's degree (including myself). I am forever grateful. I can't really think of an alternative undergraduate regionally-accredited degree of this type for $2800 USD. (I've completed it in two sessions). But the one graduate UMPI program needs some work...I would likewise be discouraged, even though I've done tons of writing in my prior degrees including a traditional European Master's thesis and capstones. My DEAC Master's degree was likewise an extensive writing project with added exams...
[-] The following 2 users Like openair's post:
  • Slammyelis, ss20ts
(02-14-2022, 06:47 PM)openair Wrote: ss20ts,

You should be getting free access and unlimited completion time for UMPI's Master's program based on the number of people that you've encouraged to enroll in their Bachelor's degree (including myself).  I am forever grateful. I can't really think of an alternative undergraduate regionally-accredited degree of this type for $2800 USD. (I've completed it in two sessions). But the one graduate UMPI program needs some work...I would likewise be discouraged, even though I've done tons of writing in my prior degrees including a traditional European Master's thesis and capstones. My DEAC Master's degree was likewise an extensive writing project with added exams...

Congratulations on completing your degree! Thank you for the kind words. I was really surprised by the amount of work required for the MAOL. I've taken grad classes elsewhere and didn't have anywhere near that amount of work. I know they're made changes, but don't know anyone in the program now.

(02-13-2022, 03:15 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Hello,

Haven't been on here in a while - been a couple years since I received my TESU degree. 
I am considering doing an MBA or a masters program... or possibly a designation (but don't really want to keep up with on-going credits to maintain a designation). 

Haven't kept up with the options on here.  Any advice?  Anything online and quick and easy compared to the TESU route? 
I remember WGU was only open to American students.

Thanks

Have you looked into Amberton University? It's not like WGU. It's not CBE. The whole university is designed for adults. They have a variety of MBA programs with a lot of options for concentrations. A master's from them is under $10K. 

There's also the HAU program. I don't know if the $3K MBA is open internationally. 

University of the Cumberlands is another option for a master's or MBA. They're also pretty inexpensive. 

There's nothing out there that you can use ACE credits towards. Would be amazing if there was a grad version available!
@OP, Yay! So, you have tuition assistance! I didn't know, if that's the case, I highly recommend going for a public/state school instead of an exclusively online university such as WGU. There's nothing wrong with WGU, I highly recommend them if you can get your hands on the degree/degrees cheaply from them, go for the MSML and then ladder up to an MBA later if needed.

There are a few threads I created in the graduate sub forum, here's just a sample that may be something you're interested in... They range from 10K up to 18K USD, so that'll be close to 13 to 22K CDN. If you get 50% tuition reimbursement, you'll be paying roughly 7.5-11K for a Masters. There are so many options, stick with Public or State universities first, then decide on WGU or other CBE schools .

1: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...e-Programs
2 https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...t-Virginia
3 https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ee-Options
4 https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ual-Degree
5 https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...uition-fee
6 https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Management
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I agree with Bjcheung77. WGU is a private (semi-public in some ways) university that is 100% virtual. It's well-known for being an online school.

University of Massachusetts Global has a self-paced MA in Organizational Leadership, but "Global" makes it obvious that it's an online branch for UMass.

https://www.umassglobal.edu/academic-pro...ip-my-path

The same applies to Purdue Global. It's a public university, but "Global" indicates that it's a virtual university.

https://www.purdueglobal.edu/degree-prog...ba-degree/

Self-paced MS from Central Washington University. Full-time tuition is $3,500 per 3-month term for unlimited credits; part-time tuition is $2,000 per 3-month term for up to 8 credits.

http://www.cwu.edu/it-management/ms-itam-flexit-pro
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there any way to enrol into the WGU MBA program as an international student? FM1 6 226 04-22-2024, 09:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,974 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  My Duke Student Blog Post ThatBankDude 1 266 03-04-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Most affordable online Master in Finance for international student David1477 23 2,346 12-12-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Online MBA- potential student Love2LearnAlways 29 2,873 09-19-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Which UK university offer the cheapest MBA top up for foreign student? soulblader 9 1,334 03-10-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: soulblader
  MBA grad with >$300k salary complains about MBA student loan smartdegree 8 1,259 08-17-2022, 03:43 PM
Last Post: wow
  Free Canadian Master's degrees rachel83az 0 895 08-14-2021, 03:44 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  200m bronze medalist online or extended campus student? sanantone 35 3,048 08-09-2021, 11:22 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Officially a Grad Student ss20ts 16 2,728 07-16-2021, 09:20 AM
Last Post: ss20ts