Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap/Fast MBA program
(07-11-2021, 02:43 PM)cerich67 Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 02:29 PM)Unistic Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 12:54 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 12:41 PM)Vle045 Wrote: It sounds to me like her mind has been made up with University of the People.

It sounds like the poster has made up their mind not the sister who is the one who will doing the work. She should join the forum and ask questions so she can educate herself and find a school that will really work for her.

Lol, I can't force I can only keep in mind of what her actual request was and what she says she can afford and accomplish. She only asked cause I asked about a TESU degree for myself then for my gf. I've relaid all the responses/information to her simply by copying and pasting it to FB chat and we all know how its easy to response through that.

See it her way, she just need the paper, that's it just the paper approved through the U.S Education Dept. Nation or Regional doesn't matter. She's a single woman that works and has three kids. The paper is only for a future promotion for a job she's being doing for the past 10 years or so. She still have student loans from her BS. With UoP she will only have to pay or exams, she can also skip a term or two if needed and the cost is really cheap.

She plan to research the course work etc or it before making a final decision though. And again thanks goes out to everyone who lend a searching hand!

Last reply and i am tapping out

If she has a decades experience in a job that next step requires a MBA, there is a good chance that HAU will look at her work experience, undergrad and see if up to 9 CH of the 36 needed will be met. I had 9 CH's applied towards my MBA as did one other on this forum when they applied (I am not sure if they did enroll however, I think not.) That will leave 27 CH, each course is 3 CH so that is 9 courses to do. Courses are 7 weeks and if you do 2 courses at a time (I am currently doing,  work is not the level of time I spent doing my TESU undergrad) including summer term(s) with some guided study classes, someone can finish the degree in a year. I would call it a moderate + effort, but frankly , what MBA isn't going to be at best? Do a few terms with one course for a low workload and a few at 2 a term and doing in 15-18 months is VERY doable without going nuts. I own a business, have a family with teen at home. I started with one class end March first term, doing 2 now and in a few weeks will have the MBA half done with 1/3 of the work I need to do done. I plan to continue with 2 courses a term going forward except the capstone. I hope to finish in June 2022, having started March 29th, 2021.
Her question for you for HAU:

She likes the idea of using her work experience for credits but with the work load, 1 or 2 classes at a time. Could she realistically complete with an average of 1 to 2 hours per day (i'm guessing her lunch and break periods) and with 5 hours dedicated to study/assignments each on Saturday and Sunday?

That's her above time "minimally", that she knows that she can dedicate to studying. To me that's about 15 to make 20 hours a week. Maybe possible for one course not two but she wants to you from you since you're a current student

Thank you.
(07-11-2021, 03:01 PM)Unistic Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 12:54 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 12:41 PM)Vle045 Wrote: It sounds to me like her mind has been made up with University of the People.

It sounds like the poster has made up their mind not the sister who is the one who will doing the work. She should join the forum and ask questions so she can educate herself and find a school that will really work for her.

Lol, I can't force I can only keep in mind of what her actual request was and what she says she can afford and accomplish. She only asked cause I asked about a TESU degree for myself then for my gf. I've relaid all the responses/information to her simply by copying and pasting it to FB chat and we all know how its easy to response through that.

See it her way, she just need the paper, that's it just the paper approved through the U.S Education Dept. Nation or Regional doesn't matter. She's a single woman that works and has three kids. The paper is only for a future promotion for a job she's being doing for the past 10 years or so. She still have student loans from her BS. With UoP she will only have to pay or exams, she can also skip a term or two if needed and the cost is really cheap.

She plan to research the course work etc or it before making a final decision though. And again thanks goes out to everyone who lend a searching hand!

If she has a decades experience in a job that next step requires a MBA, there is a good chance that HAU will look at her work experience, undergrad and see if up to 9 CH of the 36 needed will be met. I had 9 CH's applied towards my MBA as did one other on this forum when they applied (I am not sure if they did enroll however, I think not.) That will leave 27 CH, each course is 3 CH so that is 9 courses to do. Courses are 7 weeks and if you do 2 courses at a time (I am currently doing,  work is not the level of time I spent doing my TESU undergrad) including summer term(s) with some guided study classes, someone can finish the degree in a year. I would call it a moderate + effort, but frankly , what MBA isn't going to be at best? Do a few terms with one course for a low workload and a few at 2 a term and doing in 15-18 months is VERY doable without going nuts. I own a business, have a family with teen at home. I started with one class end March first term, doing 2 now and in a few weeks will have the MBA half done with 1/3 of the work I need to do done. I plan to continue with 2 courses a term going forward except the capstone. I hope to finish in June 2022, having started March 29th, 2021.

She likes the idea of using her work experience for credits but with the work load, 1 or 2 classes at a time. Could she realistically complete with an average of 1 to 2 hours per day (i'm guessing her lunch and break periods) and with 5 hours dedicated to study/assignments each on Saturday and Sunday?

That's her above time "minimally", that she knows that she can dedicate to studying. To me that's about 15 to make 20 hours a week. Maybe possible for one course not two but she wants to you from you since you're a current student

Thank you.
Most likely with that time she could do two courses at a time, one no problem
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(07-11-2021, 03:46 PM)cerich67 Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 03:01 PM)Unistic Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 12:54 PM)ss20ts Wrote: It sounds like the poster has made up their mind not the sister who is the one who will doing the work. She should join the forum and ask questions so she can educate herself and find a school that will really work for her.

Thank you.
Most likely with that time she could do two courses at a time, one no problem

Thank you. She really like the idea of having to take less class due to her work experience. She's planning to call HAU tomorrow and ask them some questions as well and she's leaning more towards this school and if so will probably take one course to get a feel and see if she can fit it into her busy schedule. Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Unistic's post:
  • Vle045
(07-11-2021, 05:12 PM)Unistic Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 03:46 PM)cerich67 Wrote: Most likely with that time she could do two courses at a time, one no problem

Thank you. She really like the idea of having to take less class due to her work experience. She's planning to call HAU tomorrow and ask them some questions as well and she's leaning more towards this school and if so will probably take one course to get a feel and see if she can fit it into her busy schedule. Thanks!

Sounds like a good plan.  I hope it works out well for her.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 32 19,000 04-25-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there any way to enrol into the WGU MBA program as an international student? FM1 9 327 04-25-2024, 09:22 AM
  NYU SPS Guaranteed Admission Program smartdegree 6 567 04-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 659 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 413 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 16,114 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  SMC University Very Cheap! armstrongsubero 19 9,293 10-10-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Stanislav
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,440 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,812 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Sacramento State launches accelerated, fully online iMBA program LevelUP 7 1,257 09-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: datby98