Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap community college courses for vets
It has been a while since I mentioned this so I thought I would post it again. Colorado Mountain College offers courses for $57 per credit for veterans. I am taking two classes this semester and have been very impressed with the quality. For those needing lab sciences, they offer several chemistry and biology courses online with at home labs. The lab kits are a bit expensive, but at $57 per credit things balance out pretty well.
UptonSinclair,

Thanks a million! The wife and I were looking for affordable CC's for her to take her gen ed classes for her RN Bridge program. CMC offers this huge discount for the veteran's spouse as well.
2014 MBA Management & Strategy - WGU
2013 BS
Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology - TESC
[SIZE=2]
2013 AS
Nuclear Engineering Technology - TESC

[/SIZE]
UptonSinclair Wrote:It has been a while since I mentioned this so I thought I would post it again. Colorado Mountain College offers courses for $57 per credit for veterans. I am taking two classes this semester and have been very impressed with the quality. For those needing lab sciences, they offer several chemistry and biology courses online with at home labs. The lab kits are a bit expensive, but at $57 per credit things balance out pretty well.

Maybe so, but I'm glad you mentioned it again! I must have missed your post before. Thanks!!
I'm taking a paralegal course through their distance learning program, and enjoying the vet discount. I'll even have access to a legal search program, which will be helpful when I look for work as a paralegal in the future.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
UptonSinclair Wrote:It has been a while since I mentioned this so I thought I would post it again. Colorado Mountain College offers courses for $57 per credit for veterans. I am taking two classes this semester and have been very impressed with the quality. For those needing lab sciences, they offer several chemistry and biology courses online with at home labs. The lab kits are a bit expensive, but at $57 per credit things balance out pretty well.

Awesome! I need to take a math course as a prereq for a program I'm applying to. This is cheap enough to pay cash and not use up my GI Bill.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
The math classes are a bit of a pain. There are multiple proctored exams if I understand things correctly.
UptonSinclair,

Thanks! I am always looking for affordable CC's college classes. :hurray:
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best For Vets Alpha 0 875 09-16-2022, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Alpha
Information US Naval Community College Pilot MNomadic 2 1,651 04-26-2022, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
Star DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit kvolivera 89 26,443 04-14-2021, 06:12 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Tuition Discounts for VETS? terryd5150 10 3,985 05-25-2020, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Not_a_robot_101
  Free Courses for DOD 22gunsonfire 25 13,708 03-25-2019, 05:28 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  The most Military/Veteran friendly College Commencements! Life Long Learning 42 8,893 06-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  Anyone do the Naval War College MA in Security Studies? johnw 0 2,309 01-24-2018, 11:03 PM
Last Post: johnw
  65,000 military students have graduated with Excelsior College Life Long Learning 0 2,662 09-27-2017, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,780 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  Champlain College now offering 70% tuition discount to Mil and their families deuce2w 2 2,269 12-19-2016, 06:01 PM
Last Post: deuce2w