Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest Possible Graduate Degrees? National Accredited OK
So, I'm in a really unique position. After finishing my Bachelor's through WGU, I landed a well paying job with an absolute nightmare boss. About two years in, everyone in the company did a mass exodus and fled to greener pastures. I have a nice pathway to migrate to Australia, where any degrees I bring over are basically going to be seen without too much discrimination as long as they are accredited by an agency recognized by the US Department of Education (HELLO DEAC, my old friend!). I mean, sure, M7 or Ivy League are better, but there's not much functional difference between the University of Texas, WGU, and The University of Randomness.

Basically, what are the cheapest and/or fastest options for degrees or certificates, graduate or undergraduate, that are available with at least National Accreditation?

There's obviously University of the People and NationsU (currently offering 3 months free tuition and is NA).

What are some others?
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thorne's post:
  • jsd
Well if you want a degree in anything fast. NationsU really is the cheapest option. If you want speed you can also look at Ashworth College.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • Prof.Gringo
Long time no see, Thorne!

Sorry about your boss, but i hope all is well otherwise.

Not as cheap as a WGU one (or even two) term MBA, but California Coast University (DEAC) has self-paced masters at a flat rate of about $8k (spread out over monthly payments). And it's literally self paced, not term bound like WGU and other CBE schools. They send you the study material and when you're ready to sit for the exam they'll send it to your proctor, who I believe you essentially select. They have a good amount of programs, even some EdD doctoral programs (though I think those a re bit more expensive and do require a thesis with in person defense).

Criminal Justice, Psych, MBA with various concentrations, Organizational Leadership, M.Ed... I'm probably forgetting some options.

https://www.calcoast.edu/

One draw back is that I believe (not certain) that you have to commit to the whole program at the flat rate. Even if you drop out, you're on the hook for the whole payment plan. Patten was like this too, but the stakes were lower because you could commit for just one term and not the whole program.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Hey man! How goes it?

Hey, crap happens. I'm better off for it, minus some...gunshyness (not sure if that's a word) Big Grin

Being put through the wringer of 16 hour days with school followed by 12 hour days (6 days a week) with a narcissist really showed me how far I can go before I start to crack.

Thanks to both of you guys for the suggestions. I'm not even sure I care an awful lot about pursuing this, but I figured it was worth considering due to the option. I've got a laundry list of DEAC schools to sift through and I'll have to see what tuition and the process is like for each of them.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
Before you look through the list of DEAC schools, I suggest you look through the list of RA Competency Based Degree programs. Most if not all of the Masters programs can be completed in a term. It will be cheaper/easier/faster and has the value of being more recognized than any DEAC school. See this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...My-journey

I usually look at DEAC schools mainly to see who is continuing with their pursuit of RA and also retaining their DEAC accreditation, also to see what programs are only available through DEAC that isn't available through RA options. Check out the Not-for-profits such as Brandman, Purdue, and WGU first, you can then check out Capella, U of Phoenix, Walden afterwards. If for some strange reason, no RA degrees hit your fancy, then investigate the DEAC schools.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I think it's worth the small amount of extra cash to get an RA degree. I feel like an NA degree would be as much work or more.

Walden in one term, with their half price deals, seems cheapest. Capella in one term. WGU in one term would be better than those two, because they're for-profits, but WGU seems like it would be slower because of the group project. Still very possible to finish in one term, apparently, but you have to work faster on the rest.

Purdue is expensive compared to the others.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • Yanji
(01-10-2020, 10:13 AM)Ideas Wrote: WGU in one term would be better than those two, because they're for-profits, but WGU seems like it would be slower because of the group project.

Not all of WGU's masters degrees require a group project.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

(01-10-2020, 12:03 PM)quigongene Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 10:13 AM)Ideas Wrote: WGU in one term would be better than those two, because they're for-profits, but WGU seems like it would be slower because of the group project.

Speaking of, WGU is actually dropping the group Capsim project from the MBA capstone in March. It is being replaced by a solo project. It may be the single-player version of Capsim (called Capstone) or it may be something else entirely. Details are still pending.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 3 users Like Merlin's post:
  • bluebooger, Muldoon, suzycupcake
Wow, that's interesting... When this GT degree is done killing me, maybe I'll go back to WGU for the MBA Wink
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • Ideas, Merlin
(01-10-2020, 08:03 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 12:03 PM)quigongene Wrote:

Speaking of, WGU is actually dropping the group Capsim project from the MBA capstone in March. It is being replaced by a solo project. It may be the single-player version of Capsim (called Capstone) or it may be something else entirely. Details are still pending.

@Merlin
I am starting the MBA program at WGU very soon (next month). Where did you hear about the MBA capstone project change to a single-player version?

Is there a good spot to learn about the latest happenings at WGU?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,111 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 4 318 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 883 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,616 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,172 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 944 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,466 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 26 4,002 02-18-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ITdegree
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,614 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 649 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz