Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Algebra CLEP
Hey everyone im taking the college algebra clep in about 2 weeks does anyone have any suggestions on some good study tips?? and why hasent a instant cert course been made for this subject??
I took it a few months ago only using REA clep and scored a 60. The REA book was enough but i got tutoring when i was stuck on a problem. The test had many more graphs on it than the REA book had; asking you pick which out of four graphs represented the sample. I guessed on all the graphs and the rest of the math i knew because of the REA book. The math wouldn't work in this format with flashcards. You just have to be able to work the problems. Good luck.
Yes, like upgray said, the flashcards are not well suited to the math subjects, since what you really need is repetition and variety--a standard book-based study guide makes more sense, and there are a lot of math workbooks out there that can provide the hundreds of math practice problems that you need.

Plus, with math subjects, it's really hard to establish a starting point, since math is an area where you have to assume a certain level of background knowledge. The question is, what level of math proficiency can you assume? With College Mathematics, it's a low-enough level math that we can start pretty much from the bottom, but as you go to College Algebra and up, it gets harder to make materials that would be universally effective...
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
Navselect Wrote:Hey everyone im taking the college algebra clep in about 2 weeks does anyone have any suggestions on some good study tips?? and why hasent a instant cert course been made for this subject??

[SIZE="4"]Just wondering how you did??[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I am studying for Clep Algebra now. What is REA Clep study resource??? Thanks!
camillumi Wrote:I am studying for Clep Algebra now. What is REA Clep study resource??? Thanks!

Always go to Amazon and put in key words like 'REA' or 'clep' or 'dantes' or 'dsst' or 'comex' and then the key word for the type of course you are looking for such as 'algebra', 'management', 'socialogy' and such. That is a way to find things.
[COLOR="Blue"]Dan
Douglasville, Georgia
Finished my degree 6-15-06
56 previous college credits (from 1987)
9 Dantes (Statistics, Ethics, World Religions)
9 CLEP (Socialogy, Prin of Management, American Gov.)
67 credits for my A&P license (Airframe and Powerplant)
TESC - BSAST- Aviation Maintenance Technology[/COLOR]
Sammy Wrote:Always go to Amazon and put in key words like 'REA' or 'clep' or 'dantes' or 'dsst' or 'comex' and then the key word for the type of course you are looking for such as 'algebra', 'management', 'socialogy' and such. That is a way to find things.

Also, www.half.com often has great deals on used and new books. Worth checking out before you pay full price.

I have found several of my study guides on that site. One particular book cost me $2.00 + $3.95 shipping. You can't beat that!
hilarious
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,348 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 197 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 308 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 199 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  5 institutions paying fine plus how much college costs in every state bjcheung77 1 188 01-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: inor