Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Columbus Business School or UCLA Anderson School of Management?
(07-12-2020, 10:41 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: UCLA Extension provides alumni status. You could do a leadership certificate, Business Communications,
Marketing, Or Homeland Security for around $3800.

Sent from my BagPhone using DegreeForum.net

Best yet, you can use some of your certificate coursework towards an MS:

'Complete the Emergency Management and Homeland Security Certificate or the Enterprise Risk Management Certificate from UCLA Extension and then apply 8 quarter units (two 4-unit courses) or a maximum of 6 semester units toward CSULB's MS in Emergency Services Administration.'
[-] The following 1 user Likes innen_oda's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(07-12-2020, 11:12 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 10:41 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: UCLA Extension provides alumni status. You could do a  leadership certificate, Business Communications,

Excellent find! 

Emergency Management & Homeland Security Certificate, $4300
https://www.uclaextension.edu/business-m...d-security

You can transfer in 25% if you have taken the same courses.

Sent from my typewriter.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(07-15-2020, 09:07 PM)videogamesrock Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 11:12 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 10:41 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: UCLA Extension provides alumni status. You could do a  leadership certificate, Business Communications,

Excellent find! 

Emergency Management & Homeland Security Certificate, $4300
https://www.uclaextension.edu/business-m...d-security

You can transfer in 25% if you have taken the same courses.

Sent from my typewriter.

So 1 of the 6 required.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 1 user Likes videogamesrock's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(07-07-2020, 02:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If work is not paying for it and you're using your GI Bill, I would recommend going for a Masters program (if you don't already have a Masters).  Go for something that you're interested in, instead of an undergraduate or graduate executive certificate.  I think the current and future ROI on a Masters will be much better, even though you may not need it now.  There are plenty of Masters available from the usual providers such as Coursera, Edx, with "Brand Name" Masters degrees, you may be better of with the $24K MBA from Boston University.

I agree with bjcheung77. Go for a masters degree, have you thought about HES (Harvard extension school)? Their masters degree in management cost around $35K, or going Edx route (MIT supply chain certificate), then HES masters in management will cost around $22K. That's around the same cost as Columbia or UCLA certificates.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HogwartsSchool's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(07-18-2020, 07:34 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 02:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If work is not paying for it and you're using your GI Bill, I would recommend going for a Masters program (if you don't already have a Masters).  Go for something that you're interested in, instead of an undergraduate or graduate executive certificate.  I think the current and future ROI on a Masters will be much better, even though you may not need it now.  There are plenty of Masters available from the usual providers such as Coursera, Edx, with "Brand Name" Masters degrees, you may be better of with the $24K MBA from Boston University.

I agree with bjcheung77. Go for a masters degree, have you thought about HES (Harvard extension school)? Their masters degree in management cost around $35K, or going Edx route (MIT supply chain certificate), then HES masters in management will cost around $22K. That's around the same cost as Columbia or UCLA certificates.

Do you get an @harvard.edu email with HES? I genuinely do not know. I know this Columbia certificate gets the OP an @columbia.edu email along with Alumni status. That’s huge in the business world.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatBankDude's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(07-22-2020, 05:26 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote:

Do you get an @harvard.edu email with HES? I genuinely do not know. I know this Columbia certificate gets the OP an @columbia.edu email along with Alumni status. That’s huge in the business world.

Yes. user-name@g.harvard.edu - https://www.extension.harvard.edu/resour...l-services
HES - Yes. Alumni status - https://alumni.extension.harvard.edu/about
HES is part of Harvard University - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Extension_School

note: I don't understand the demand for the email addresses? I have been in the business world for the past 20 years and never come across a demand for a school's email address. Can you please explain further the benefits of the email address?
(07-22-2020, 06:15 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:

Yes. user-name@g.harvard.edu - https://www.extension.harvard.edu/resour...l-services
HES is part of Harvard University - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Extension_School

note: I don't understand the demand for the email addresses? I have been in the business world for the past 20 years and never come across a demand for a school's email address. Can you please explain further the benefits of the email address?
You get to get the email for life. For instance, I’ll maintain an @duke.edu email address for my entire life. This just continues to keep you in the community. Obviously, the further you get into your career, it does not hold weight but in the first 3 or so years post graduation it can help.

Hello!

I also don't understand the demand for the email address. It's not like you can send email from it. It's just an email forwarding service for alumni.

OldManOfTheSea
(07-22-2020, 07:42 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote:

Hello!

I also don't understand the demand for the email address. It's not like you can send email from it. It's just an email forwarding service for alumni.

OldManOfTheSea
Hello!

As a Duke student, I can attest that you CAN send emails from it. I have contacted many Duke alumni through their duke.edu email address. You can send and receive emails from the address forever.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 691 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,763 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 287 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 251 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 681 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,441 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Canada's Newest Medical School - Opening 2026 at SFU bjcheung77 1 348 11-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Brown Medical School withdraws from U.S. News rankings allvia 2 462 10-30-2023, 09:51 PM
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 587 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
  How Technology Shapes Ideas - University of Chicago Graham School Charles Fout 0 270 09-15-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout