Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Completed quizzes study.com
I noticed as I just enrolled in a couple of courses that some quizzes that cover basic concepts inherent to both courses show up completed after I have completed an entire course covering those topics (Library Sciences). Is it supposed to work this way or is it a glitch?
(08-11-2020, 05:38 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: I noticed as I just enrolled in a couple of courses that some quizzes that cover basic concepts inherent to both courses show up completed after I have completed an entire course covering those topics (Library Sciences). Is it supposed to work this way or is it a glitch?
[quote pid='315445' dateline='1597142315']
It's supposed to be that way and is extremely helpful if you are taking multiple courses in similar fields. I just completed Intro to Programming and fully half of the quizzes for Data structures and algorithms are completed.

That will aid you in being able to finish more courses per month which lowers the overall cost.

[/quote]
I noticed there are some quiz questions that are exactly the same in two separate courses. My guess is they have some master pool of questions that can apply to multiple courses.

I have a weird ability to memorize multiple choice questions and most of the time I can literally answer a multiple choice question correctly without even reading the question once I saw the correct mutple choice answer the first time. I pick up on these patterns pretty quick.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(08-11-2020, 05:52 AM)tallpilot Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 05:38 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: I noticed as I just enrolled in a couple of courses that some quizzes that cover basic concepts inherent to both courses show up completed after I have completed an entire course covering those topics (Library Sciences). Is it supposed to work this way or is it a glitch?
It's supposed to be that way and is extremely helpful if you are taking multiple courses in similar fields. I just completed Intro to Programming and fully half of the quizzes for Data structures and algorithms are completed.

That will aid you in being able to finish more courses per month which lowers the overall cost.

[/quote]
Thank you all for your answers,  that does help, at first I was annoyed by it but then I saw the flashcards too and thought ok I do not have to repeat those quizzes to learn I can just be happy they are complete and prepare for exam with the flashcards. What is the weight/percentage on final exams?
What is the weight/percentage on final exams?

For classes without papers, the quizzes are 100, the final is 200 and you must have 210/300 to pass
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(08-11-2020, 09:18 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:

Thank you all for your answers,  that does help, at first I was annoyed by it but then I saw the flashcards too and thought ok I do not have to repeat those quizzes to learn I can just be happy they are complete and prepare for exam with the flashcards. What is the weight/percentage on final exams?
[/quote]

Take your time with the quizzes because you only get 3 chances. You want the highest grade possible. I just finished the Data structures and algorithms assignment and received a 97. If I get 5/5 on all of the quizzes I will only need a 13/100 on the exam to pass.

The better you do on the quizzes the less stressful the exam will be. It's an awesome system if you understand how to play the game.

A number of the SDC courses have overlap in subject chapters (& quizzes) - leaving you less to get done when you have courses that do have those overlaps. There was a thread at one time that had some listings of courses with (significant) overlap; however keep in mind it may be outdated now should you stumble upon it. This is highly common in the LL version and the UL version of the same subject.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-11-2020, 03:35 PM)tallpilot Wrote:

Take your time with the quizzes because you only get 3 chances. You want the highest grade possible. I just finished the Data structures and algorithms assignment and received a 97. If I get 5/5 on all of the quizzes I will only need a 13/100 on the exam to pass.

The better you do on the quizzes the less stressful the exam will be. It's an awesome system if you understand how to play the game.
[/quote]
3 chances only on the final chapter quizzes?

Because it looks like the video quizzes 5/5 ones can be retaken multiple times.

Also on Library Sciences it told me the course was completed without final chapter quizzes to complete, except for final exam.

Am I missing something?

(08-11-2020, 09:06 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 03:35 PM)tallpilot Wrote:

Also on Library Sciences it told me the course was completed without final chapter quizzes to complete, except for final exam.

Am I missing something?
[/quote]
It is a little confusing as those exams are listed as practice, they should reword it as graded chapter exam 3 attempts. By calling it practice and then grading seems a little misleading.
(08-11-2020, 09:06 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 03:35 PM)tallpilot Wrote: Take your time with the quizzes because you only get 3 chances. You want the highest grade possible. I just finished the Data structures and algorithms assignment and received a 97. If I get 5/5 on all of the quizzes I will only need a 13/100 on the exam to pass.

Am I missing something?
It is a little confusing as those exams are listed as practice, they should reword it as graded chapter exam 3 attempts. By calling it practice and then grading seems a little misleading.

Lacedonia4,

The 5 question quizzes are your "money-makers".. they are the ones that count (within 3 tries etc.)

The end of chapter exams- great for an overall knowledge check on ALL the chapter material, do those as much as you like or, you can always fuhgeddaboudit and move to the next topic- but ...the focus is on the 5 question quiz... you'll also see that as you complete these quizzes, your progress bar will update (passed 52/53/54 of 97 quizzes etc.), High-5 and Good Luck!

CG
The 5-question quizzes can be taken as many times as you like. However, only the best score out of the first 3 tries counts. For instance:

1st try - 2/5 correct
2nd try - 4/5 correct
3rd try - 3/5 correct
4th try - 5/5 correct

Your score would be 4/5 or 80% for that particular quiz because that's the highest score you got within the first 3 attempts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,367 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,599 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,498 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 754 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 313 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 732 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM