Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer Information Systems Degree Plan + Questions
Sanantone's BSBA in Computer Information Systems post-July 1, 2015 | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia - Thank you Sanantone

Straighterline (Introduction to Programming in C++) 3-4 credits. This is not listed on transfer equivalence. Anyone know what this course comes in as and if TESU still accepts this?

Thomas Edison State University Course Equivalency Guide | StraighterLine

(UL) - CSU Global CBE for Information Systems Analysis and Design (CIS-320) 3 credits Has anyone taken this course? Any exam feedback on this one? has anyone taken this course?

DSST Fundamentals of Cybersecurity (3 UL credits) Would Security + prep be sufficient to take this test?

DSST Management Information Systems (UL)
Possibly ED4Credit Management Information Systems course depending on if TESU will accept it at upper level or not?

TEEX Cyber Security for Everyone (2 LL credits and free)
TEEX Cybersecurity for IT Professionals (2 UL credits and free)
TEEX Cybersecurity for Business Professionals (2 LL credits and free)

That is 18 credits but if the SL Course is LL then I need to add another one unless Business Professional can come in at UL. I have heard conflicting things about this. I will try to send an email to the registrars office to see what my possibilities are.
Looks like the Ed4Credit MIS course transfers in as CIS-301. For CIS it is a good idea to check with TESU, TESU can be very picky when it comes to CIS courses.

Alternative Credit Project
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
I ran C++ Programming through the PLA search and it came in as COS-213.
The TEEX Cybersecurity for Business Professionals is CIS-344, but only counts as 2 credits.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
SL's C++ used to come in as COS-213, it expired on 9/30, then got dropped off SL's course equivalency page after that. It has been renewed backdated to 10/1, but hasn't been added back to that page yet.

Ed4Credit's MIS course comes in as CIS-301 (same as the DSST), it's listed on TESU's ACP page.

The DSST Cybersecurity course is a duplicate of the TEEX Business Prof course.

TEEX Everyone and IT Prof courses won't work in the AOS, they are considered Free Electives (CAP-295 and CAP-285).

You can take the Network Technology TECEP, and then a CSU-Global course like Cloud Computing and Big Data (CIS-499), or Intermediate Networking.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I got this email from the registrars office this morning

The following options are approved:
Straighterline: Introduction to Programming in C++ (COS-213, 4 credits)
CSU Global: Information Systems Analysis & Design (CIS-320)
DSST: Fundamentals of Cybersecurity
DSST: Management Information Systems
TEEX: Cybersecurity for IT Professionals

You will still need an upper level course to complete the CIS area of study.
This is a long shot, but there is a UExcel Business Information Systems that you could ask about. It might duplicate the DSST.
I know that Workplace Communication with Computers comes in as ENG-216 and Java is 200-level COS- or CAP.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
yb1 Wrote:I got this email from the registrars office this morning

The following options are approved:
Straighterline: Introduction to Programming in C++ (COS-213, 4 credits)
CSU Global: Information Systems Analysis & Design (CIS-320)
DSST: Fundamentals of Cybersecurity
DSST: Management Information Systems
TEEX: Cybersecurity for IT Professionals

You will still need an upper level course to complete the CIS area of study.

I think they listed that TEEX course wrong - it's Cyber for Business Professionals that comes in as CIS-344 (or 244). Unless they've changed something recently. I would double-check on that.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Computer Inf Sys (18SH: 12SH must be upper level) (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
SH Earned: 19 GPA Achieved/Needed: none / 2.000 Complete all 3 subrequirements:

A: Programming 3 SH (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
*must earn a grade of C/CR or better

For TESU course options, please contact an Advisor
Source Course Title Term Grade SH TESU # Notes
4 ITS320EX Basic Programming 02/02/22 --- ( 3.00) COS-111
*PL *PTE
B: Systs Analy/Dsgn 3SH (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
*must earn a grade of C/CR or better

For TESU course options, go to CIS-320 Systems Analysis and Design I
4 MIS350EX Info Sys Analysis and Design 02/02/22 --- ( 3.00) CIS-320
*PL *PTE
C: CIS Electives 12 SH (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
*must earn grades of C/CR or better

Within the Electives, 3 semester hours may be additional programming language credits.

For TESU and other course options, please contact an Advisor < /a> **At least 12 semester hours within the entire Specialization must be at the 300/400 level.

SH Earned: 13
Group 1 (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
5 COS-213 C++ Programming 02/02/22 --- ( 4.00) COS-213
*PL *PTE
Group 2 (Complete)
1 MAR-441 Mrktng Digital & Social Media 11/17/16 CR 3.00 MAR-441
*NE
Group 3 (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
5 CIS-301 Mgt Information Systems 02/02/22 --- ( 3.00) CIS-301
*PL *PTE
Group 4 (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
5 CIS-344 Cyber Security

Interesting! They accepted Marketing Digital from Study.com as a CIS Elective awesome! Upper level as well

For those wondering I have already completed the AOS for BSBA General Management and was pleasantly surprised when I they accepted this
Are you trying to get the Gen Mgmt or CIS concentration? You can't get both.
dfrecore Wrote:Are you trying to get the Gen Mgmt or CIS concentration? You can't get both.

Yes I can as long as I do it at the same time. That is what they have told me.

Email from TESU

I have added the BSBA in Computer Information Systems program to your record. You are allowed to pursue this area of study as long as there is no overlap in coursework between the two areas of study. You must also complete all degree requirements for both programs before applying for graduation.

Neither of the Study.com courses Business 104 or Business 109 are approved. Do not attempt these options.

I have approved the TEEX courses and the CSU Global course, MIS350EX, Information Systems Analysis & Design. Please access your evaluation to view placement of these options. The CIS area of study requires 12 credits (or more) of upper level coursework.

Finally, please provide course descriptions for the CSU courses, ITS405EX and ITS415EX. This information will help me determine if they'll apply to your program.

Patty

Hmm maybe I will not be able to use in both. Since she says as long as there is no overlap.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,159 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,823 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 4,988 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,623 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TESU Information Literacy mysonx3 2 2,207 09-01-2018, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Computer Concepts CIS-107 sambeaux 3 1,937 09-01-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,753 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,946 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd