Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consensus on the best place to take american gov for TESU?
Due to take on American government, the SL course has been updated but TESU hasn't. What's the easiest way to do so, ideally one with no proctor exam would be great but seems like both SL and Instantcert requires proctoring. 

Or are there other courses under Civic engagement you'd recommend? Thank you!
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

InstantCert has the same kind of proctoring as Study.com (which is different than SL). Definitely recommend that one at just $45.

Otherwise, Olivet Nazarine's American Government looks like a solid choice: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ol...University Olivet estimates that it will take about 100 hours to complete the course.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
As Rachel stated, there are several options but most include proctored exams. If you can live with one exam and will be taking at least nine other credits in a term at TESU, consider looking into the ePack course option. The exam would then be free, with an optional prep course for a small fee.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
Thanks @rachel83az and jch!
Got it, seems like I can't escape the proctoring without a huge expense. Is the instantcert format very similar to SL? (any faster you think? I was inclined to do SL since I've done some of their courses and know what to expect).

The other thing that would help my consideration:
Does Instantcert allow retest for the non-proctored test, is there a limit? (SL allows x3 retest and takes the highest grade)
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

(10-20-2021, 03:28 AM)StudentOLife Wrote: Thanks @rachel83az and jch!
Got it, seems like I can't escape the proctoring without a huge expense. Is the instantcert format very similar to SL? (any faster you think? I was inclined to do SL since I've done some of their courses and know what to expect).

Does Instantcert allow retest for the non-proctored test, is there a limit? (SL allows x3 retest and takes the highest grade)

SL is very different from Study.com or Sophia in that it's not a self-contained course.  SL has a Powerpoint slide show that barely covered anything that will be on the exams. Instead, you have to read their 1000 page small print book.

Instantcert is probably the best way to go.  I did CLEP for American Government, which wasn't easy, not worth the effort to do as a CLEP.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
My experience with American Government was that the Modernstates.org free CLEP option was a good choice for me. I knocked out the course in about 2 days, did a little extra study using Quizlet, and passed the test with I think 72 or something... having had no prior knowledge other than what one pics up from reading the news.

I'm the one who wrote about the problem with CLEP's at-home proctoring, but if you aren't bugged by the privacy concerns (I'm a pretty big privacy advocate, and it didn't bother me) then I'm sure they've now fixed the problem I had, which was an errant button that seemed like it was exiting the review of your answers, but actually exited the test itself.

I would have no problem doing CLEP again, it's free with MS, and I found MS to be good preparation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyingfortests's post:
  • jch
(10-19-2021, 11:15 PM)StudentOLife Wrote: Due to take on American government, the SL course has been updated but TESU hasn't. What's the easiest way to do so, ideally one with no proctor exam would be great but seems like both SL and Instantcert requires proctoring. 

Or are there other courses under Civic engagement you'd recommend? Thank you!

What does "the SL course has been updated but TESU hasn't" mean?  I don't get what your question is?  What hasn't TESU been updated with/to/on?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-20-2021, 03:28 AM)StudentOLife Wrote: Thanks @rachel83az and jch!

Instantcert all the way. their exams are two attempts and only the final is proctored. Also the assignments you can just retry them and see the correct answer so the coursework gives you a good cushion before your test come into play so if you do goo on the majority of the course and fail the final you still pass American govt on instantcert was also pretty easy, most of the questions in the assignments matched the exams, if not exactly they asked the same questions in reverse. I passed it in a week barely reading and skipping the videos so it's fairly easy. I think SDC has a similar setup where 70% overall is what you need to pass so good grades on quizzes and assignments can save you points on the final in my case i only needed a 35% to get credit of course i did not score that low lol but just to show my point. also on instantcert the class is 20$ & the exam proctor is 15$ fairly cheap and your going to probably use SDC for other courses so id avoid paying 100$ to take something i could on instantcert.
I suggest InstantCertCredit.com for the course, if you have other requirements that are needed, go with them if they provide the course/exam required. Otherwise, the bulk should be from Sophia.org for lower level and Study.com for upper level requirements, I haven't recommended StraighterLine except for calculus II, science courses with labs that aren't offered elsewhere, etc...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu, StudentOLife

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 676 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,382 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  American Dream Alumni Academy? acethroughcollege 18 4,268 07-10-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  American Government mt_1994 21 1,997 05-20-2023, 06:37 PM
Last Post: a4tunatemom
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 858 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 700 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,174 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
  TESU to medical school? yum2177 9 2,861 11-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Last Post: danger455