Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Capella be worth it at this price???
I was poking around in the work perks.  I saw a listing about “Minimal Out Of Pocket Costs” for Capella.  I really wanted to know what their idea of minimal out of pocket means, so I reached out.  

So with the Flexpath, my cost would be $5250 per calendar year.  So with 12 weeks sessions, it is broken down like this for four sessions…. $2,000, $2,000, $1200, $0.00.  So the most bang for your buck is to start late december-early January so those end dates are in the same year.  So then I asked about Masters degrees.  Same price.   So if I started an MBA in January and could finish in a year… The MBA would cost $5250…

I am really not looking for high prestige. I just want to learn some stuff and maybe become more valuable.  My positions seem to be among the first cut during hard times.    

Seems like a reasonable plan, right?  Pound away at some of these other things between now and November.  Maybe grab some certs, get TAMUC if possible…. try to get better at papers and studying… 

For $5250….
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Personally, I wouldn't touch Capella. Their reputation is better than U of Phoenix, but is not exactly flawless.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • rachel83az
(03-21-2022, 08:48 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: Personally, I wouldn't touch Capella. Their reputation is better than U of Phoenix, but is not exactly flawless.

I hear you.  I probably wouldn’t have looked at them at this again.  But I gotta admit, I do like the price for a year.   And I am kind of a cheapskate.  LOL.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

HAU, see if they will extend the 3k MBA cost and you won't have to rush to finish in a year unless you wish to
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • SteveFoerster
You can take a look for wgu MBA. There are some people graduated in one term or two term. It will cost $4200 in one term.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

(03-21-2022, 09:08 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote: You can take a look for wgu MBA. There are some people graduated in one term or two term. It will cost $4200 in one term.

I wouldn’t be able to do one term
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

At a certain point in my life I would have cared about the Capella name recognition, but I've seen enough people furthering their careers with credentials from Capella and Walden, that I think that sort of thing only matters to a small portion of the population.

The price is good, but I'm not sure about the quality. I never looked that deeply into the school. I bring that up because you mention you actually want to learn something. Capella could work if you pair it with self-study. That way you'll get the specific knowledge you need for your career and will have the MBA to back it up. That could be a combination of MOOCs, bootcamps, books, and free course lectures on YouTube.

I would give HAU a try. You can apply now because you already have a Bachelor's, so if they make an exception, you won't have to wait until you graduate or whatever. $3k total is a helluva steal.

Have you looked at the free ASU Grad Certificate program? That might be worth a shot and would be less of a commitment in both time and money. You can ease back into writing because you know it's free, so you're not out anything if it takes you a while to get back in the swing of things. https://thunderbird.asu.edu/lifelong-lea...n-learners
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
Thanks Tedium. I am definitely planning to give the ASU certificate a shot.

I have looked at HAU… and considered it. But my GPA doesn’t meet their requirements. If I go ahead with the TAMUC degree, maybe that would boost that for me… but the $3,000 deal may be gone by then. But on the off chance it’s still running at that point, it would be on my list.

Do you have any direct knowledge about the quality? I do know one person with a degree from Capella. She is not unhappy with it, but she already had other degrees from B&M schools.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

That's the yearly tuition reimbursement amount...

Do your work place also belong to union? Do you already have tuition assistance or reimbursement from work?

I think it's a good deal, if you're able to finish the program, or at least transfer the required courses over to Capella and finish the program.

For Capella, the only program that interested me was their MEd in Teaching & Learning.
They actually recently released a new EdD in Educational Leadership for Flexpath...

Masters Link: https://www.capella.edu/online-degrees/m...-learning/
EdD Link: https://www.capella.edu/online-degrees/e...eadership/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
That tuition does not look correct. Is your employer giving you tuition reimbursement? Capella charges tuition and fees for every session. You're also saying MINIMAL not MAXIMUM. So the bare minimum the tuition for the year would be $5200. Don't forget the fees. What's the MAXIMUM? Capella isn't exactly well known for discounts. FlexPath is a CBE program similar to WGU and UMPI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,502 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 353 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Is a BALS worth it at Tesu? Nadiv10 2 938 09-21-2021, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Nadiv10
  Capella University vs TESU for BSBA Degree? BrendaB 10 2,331 11-09-2020, 03:38 PM
Last Post: BrendaB