Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question
I've got my complete plan on PDF for the TESU BSBA in finance thanks to the generous help of Degree Forum user dfrecore. I've got all of the financial information which is excellent and at a very cheap price  and I was informed that there are ways to take the courses/exams for even less money which means I can save even more money and which lowers the standard cost of $100 per course/exam I have on the plan. Can you all please list the ways in which I can make paying for Saylor/SL/Study.com/TECEP/CLEP/DSST/DavarAcademy/Ed4Credit etc. for less money and save as much money as possible?

I was thinking of doing 90 credits (I already have 18 credits from CLEP exams which means I will have 108 credits and a remaining 12 credits needed from other sources including the capstone I must take at TESU) worth of Study.com courses applied directly to the finance degree plan because that would be faster for me and I would not have to schedule for exams. Would doing 90 credits from Study.com be very cheap as long as if I finish at the time I plan to finish?

Also, I need to know about TESU's admissions. I read TESU's admissions and I know that I don't need to take the SAT or ACT and I need a high school diploma or GED but I was home-schooled and while I did graduate from an accredited private high school for home-schooled students and have a complete High School portfolio (I was accepted into my local community college) along with a high school diploma. Will I have any issues with enrolling in TESU once I get all of my 117 college credits before registering for the final capstone?

Please help me out as best as you all can. Thank you!
You can make Saylor cheaper if you get a librarian(or someone) to agree to proctor you for free
CLEP: use modern states vouchers
SL: use promo codes
Study.com: take more than 2 classes a month
All others: keep an eye out for various promotions.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Kelly Green
(09-08-2018, 06:36 PM)UnbreakablyDetermined Wrote: . . .

Also, I need to know about TESU's admissions. I read TESU's admissions and I know that I don't need to take the SAT or ACT and I need a high school diploma or GED but I was home-schooled and while I did graduate from an accredited private high school for home-schooled students and have a complete High School portfolio (I was accepted into my local community college) along with a high school diploma. Will I have any issues with enrolling in TESU once I get all of my 117 college credits before registering for the final capstone?

TESU probably won't ask for a copy of your HS diploma unless they have reason to believe you have not graduated HS. As I recall there is just a list of conditions that you must accept as part of the application which includes meeting the academic and age requirements (since you must be at least 21 years old to enroll at TESU now.)
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
My son was accepted to TESU and he was homeschooled. To be honest, I can't remember if he had to send in a HS transcript, but all I have is a spreadsheet I made for him.
OnlineDegree.com is $9 a course.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
my homeschooled son was accepted into TESU no problem. Also, the archives are an AMAZING resource. Investing a few weeks digging in and just devouring will help you immensely. I think I read them nonstop when I came here years ago, but this kind of degree really is a DIY approach- I know people will help by encouraging you and answering questions, but things like checking a price are really going to fall on you.
The other thing to keep in mind is that TESU only takes 90cr from a particular provider. So if you take 90cr from study.com, you've maxed out, and you'll have to get the rest from somewhere else.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-08-2018, 07:16 PM)Merlin Wrote:

TESU probably won't ask for a copy of your HS diploma unless they have reason to believe you have not graduated HS. As I recall there is just a list of conditions that you must accept as part of the application which includes meeting the academic and age requirements (since you must be at least 21 years old to enroll at TESU now.)

If you are under 21, but over 18, the admissions requirements can be viewed here: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/u...ons-policy

Also you will need to take the Cornerstone as well as the Capstone
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(09-09-2018, 07:24 AM)allvia Wrote:
(09-08-2018, 07:16 PM)Merlin Wrote:

If you are under 21, but over 18, the admissions requirements can be viewed here: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/u...ons-policy

Also you will need to take the Cornerstone as well as the Capstone

I assume the OP isn't active military, so the waiver those under 21 but over 18 doesn't really seem important. The restriction is 21+ now for most people.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
Quote: Criteria for Admission:
In order to be admitted to the University, an applicant must:

Possess a high school degree or its GED equivalent, and
Be 21 years of age or older, or 18 years or older and an active member of the United States military (not applicable to military spouses, dependents or relations).
Individuals under 18 years of age will not be permitted to take courses or enroll in the University.

Admission Waiver:
Applicants (degree seeking and non-matriculated) who are 18-20 years, and who do not meet the military criteria for admission may apply for special consideration by:

If you possess a high school degree or GED equivalent, and have earned a minimum of 24 credits from a regionally accredited college/university with a grade point average of 2.0 or higher.

Complete the Age Waiver Petition Request Form

Applicants who have earned less than 24 credits or have earned their credits from an approved University course provider who is not regionally accredited must take the Accuplacer, Next Generation examination within 30 days of applying and achieve scores of:

Reading Comprehension: 236 or higher
Sentence Skills: 241 or higher
Arithmetic: 216 or higher

Students are limited to taking the Accuplacer examination to two times within a 12 month period.

From their webpage link that was posted earlier. This sounds like anyone 18-20 can be admitted as long as they have 24 credits from an approved course provider.

What I think this means is, you can get a waiver by taking alternative credit courses and transfer in when you have over 24 credits, if this is the case, then complete the majority of the degree requirements then apply for the capstone course. Just make sure to get this sent to TESU and get approval before you complete the capstone.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-09-2018, 03:31 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Quote: Criteria for Admission:
In order to be admitted to the University, an applicant must:

Possess a high school degree or its GED equivalent, and
Be 21 years of age or older, or 18 years or older and an active member of the United States military (not applicable to military spouses, dependents or relations).
Individuals under 18 years of age will not be permitted to take courses or enroll in the University.

Admission Waiver:
Applicants (degree seeking and non-matriculated) who are 18-20 years, and who do not meet the military criteria for admission may apply for special consideration by:

If you possess a high school degree or GED equivalent, and have earned a minimum of 24 credits from a regionally accredited college/university with a grade point average of 2.0 or higher.

Complete the Age Waiver Petition Request Form

Applicants who have earned less than 24 credits or have earned their credits from an approved University course provider who is not regionally accredited must take the Accuplacer, Next Generation examination within 30 days of applying and achieve scores of:

Reading Comprehension: 236 or higher
Sentence Skills: 241 or higher
Arithmetic: 216 or higher

Students are limited to taking the Accuplacer examination to two times within a 12 month period.

From their webpage link that was posted earlier. This sounds like anyone 18-20 can be admitted as long as they have 24 credits from an approved course provider.

What I think this means is, you can get a waiver by taking alternative credit courses and transfer in when you have over 24 credits, if this is the case, then complete the majority of the degree requirements then apply for the capstone course.  Just make sure to get this sent to TESU and get approval before you complete the capstone.

Hmm, that was the old policy. I thought they are not allowing that anymore? We've seen a few students be turned down for being under 21 despite coming in with enough credits to meet the requirement. Which is why a lot of younger students enroll at COSC now. I don't think this really applies anymore... that or it is very subjective.

Though maybe it is due to the source of credits? They say 24 credits from an RA university or the student needs ≤ 24 credits from alternate providers PLUS good scores on the accuplacer. I hadn't seen the accuplacer requirement before, so maybe that is the difference.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,021 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,319 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore