Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cramming American Literature Exam *crisis*
Hello all! I'm in a crisis.

So on Wednesday, August 10th I am taking the American Literature and the Analyzing and Interpreting exams. I need two english electives, and I wanted to take two CLEP's that overlap each other. I'm confident in the analyzing and interpreting test, but have yet to study for the American Lit test... Which gives me about 4 days to study. I plan on studying every day for at least 6-8 hours because I don't have work. Trust me, I know I'm procrastinating big time, but I can't think about that and have to work with the time I have.
What are some tips on how to cram this test? I have a lot of time these next 4 days, so I can study really hard.

Am I going to fail this, or do I have a chance to pass with only 4 days of study? Any comments are helpful at this point.

*Note- If I don't pass these exams I won't be a junior in the fall which would hurt my financial aid, so if anyone has any tips I would really appreciate it.*
First, I believe the A&I Lit exam is worth 6 credits (2 courses). This will vary by schools, but you may want to check into it if you haven't already.

As for the American Lit Exam.. IT IS COMPLETELY POSSIBLE!!! Many people are able to study and pass with flying colors on exams in just a few days of study.

The tips i would have for you...
1. Get a membership to instant cert if you don't have one. I am usually reluctant to spend money on something like that, but i gotta admit it is a great resource.
2. Review the college board test break down of the test itself. It will show percentages for each test section, and what the sections will cover. Find the largest sections and then study those subjects/sub-topics.
3. If you still have time go to the individual exam posts for american lit and see what people had to say about this one in particular.

I have full faith you will be able to do this! Just remember.. Now is not the time to procrastinate. Breathe school. If it is that important... focus all your energy on it for the next 4 days. You will reap what you sew.

Best of luck to you! You will do great. Come back and let us know how you did.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Another good resource for the American Lit CLEP:
American Literature CLEP Study Guide - Free-Clep-Prep.com

Good luck! You can do it!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Zach- unfortunately, A&I Lit as well as AM Lit were downgraded to only 3 credits last October.

Danny - the Am Lit exam is 100% dependent on the resource you choose. You need the Idiot's Guide which is a perfect alignment to the exam. So, as for if you can pass, I guess that depends on what you're studying from. https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-G...ure#navbar
The Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP exam is a no brainer, you can likely pass it cold without any studying. I would still recommend doing the official CLEP Practice exam for practice first, and then taking it.
cookderosa Wrote:Zach- unfortunately, A&I Lit as well as AM Lit were downgraded to only 3 credits last October.

Danny - the Am Lit exam is 100% dependent on the resource you choose. You need the Idiot's Guide which is a perfect alignment to the exam. So, as for if you can pass, I guess that depends on what you're studying from. https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-G...ure#navbar

I guess I'm at 34 then. Not 37
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Zachcleigh Wrote:I guess I'm at 34 then. Not 37

No, for TESU you get 6 credits for either Analyzing & Interpreting Literature or the American Literature CLEP. Even though these are now only worth 3 credits according to College Board, TESU determines their own equivalencies. This page has all the equivalencies: CLEP - College-Level Exam Program.
Nixi Wrote:No, for TESU you get 6 credits for either Analyzing & Interpreting Literature or the American Literature CLEP. Even though these are now only worth 3 credits according to College Board, TESU determines their own equivalencies. This page has all the equivalencies: CLEP - College-Level Exam Program.

Thank you!! Back to 37! cheersmate hilarious
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

Zachcleigh Wrote:Thank you!! Back to 37! cheersmate hilarious

Whoops, back to 34 now because I misread that page, it's outdated. You only get 3 credits, the page I linked is outdated.

jk cheersmate
Nixi Wrote:Whoops, back to 34 now because I misread that page, it's outdated. You only get 3 credits, the page I linked is outdated.

jk cheersmate

You're scaring me now haha. 34 37????
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 41 6,030 04-17-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,590 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,258 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  European-American University Degree Mill elcastor21 21 2,445 11-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,259 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  After 14 student deaths, North Carolina State confronts a national crisis bjcheung77 1 383 05-13-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 954 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 674 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  American Dream Academy Course Limit? vintage_jacket 13 4,391 02-16-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  National Trends in Grade Inflation for American Colleges LevelUP 1 512 09-21-2022, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Courcelles