Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit through ACE available for SEJPME
Anyone transfer this to TESC? ACE says that it's Strategic Management, and I'm hoping that TESC sees it that way too
Has anyone attempted credit for this? I just had it added to my Ace transcript.
AMU: 39 Gen Ed credits
Military ACE credits: 24 Gen Ed/GMS/Bus/Free credits
Clep: College Mathmatics 67 , Prin of Management 65 , College Algebra 56 , Anal & Interpreting Lit 65
DSST: Intro to Computing 452 , Prin of Supervision 446 , Management Information Systems 437 , Human Resource Mgmt 68 , Organization Behavior 63
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra , Pre-Calculus
Straighterline: Accounting I , Accounting II , Finiancial Accounting , Business Ethics
TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
PF: Financial Management , Strategic Management
Saylor: Marketing
TECEP: Advertising
TESC: APS-401 Current Trends & Applications
I haven't sent them my updated ACE. When I do I'll let you know how it's transcribed
So after several emails and requests TESC did not award credit for strategic management. This was the final answer.

"The Dean has determined that the correct credit was awarded and did not approve the request for the credit of BUS-421 to be used for the course in question. The Strategic Management course, as defined by Thomas Edison State College, is the capstone course for the undergraduate business program integrating concepts and applications from the various functional areas of business (accounting, management, marketing, finance, economics). The course that we asked to be substituted focuses on strategy as it relates to supporting US military armed forces policies and processes. The recommended title may be the same but the focus of the courses is different"
AMU: 39 Gen Ed credits
Military ACE credits: 24 Gen Ed/GMS/Bus/Free credits
Clep: College Mathmatics 67 , Prin of Management 65 , College Algebra 56 , Anal & Interpreting Lit 65
DSST: Intro to Computing 452 , Prin of Supervision 446 , Management Information Systems 437 , Human Resource Mgmt 68 , Organization Behavior 63
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra , Pre-Calculus
Straighterline: Accounting I , Accounting II , Finiancial Accounting , Business Ethics
TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
PF: Financial Management , Strategic Management
Saylor: Marketing
TECEP: Advertising
TESC: APS-401 Current Trends & Applications
Fair enough.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
I don't see anything on your list from your JST. Did you submit it for evaluation? My JST resulted in several credits for my training separate from my DLI transcripts.

There are DSSTs as I'm sure you know... some of which count for upper level credit. I don't believe any CLEP tests count for upper level credit.

I'd have an evaluation completed at Thomas Edison State College and see who gives you the best outcome. I can provide a more substantive response when I get to work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SEJPME I AND II ROYISAGIRL 4 1,982 02-15-2023, 12:07 AM
Last Post: turbotortuga
  Converting Dive training to Colleges credit vetvso 9 1,680 09-16-2022, 04:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
Star DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit kvolivera 89 25,870 04-14-2021, 06:12 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,575 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Navy BootCamp Credit natshar 9 2,309 03-31-2020, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,874 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Joint service transcript credit acceptance windyart 8 3,001 06-23-2015, 07:14 PM
Last Post: windyart
  TESC Automatic Military Credit Eval Prloko 2 1,431 04-24-2015, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  CCAF and ACE-recommended credit (TEEX/ALEKS) for Tech Core/Elective NOT for GenEd... hightecrebel 3 1,538 12-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Last Post: hightecrebel
  JST Credit Recommendations frankshorey 5 1,940 10-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Last Post: frankshorey