Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critique my Straighter line plan
Hello everyone I am contemplating whether or not to purchase the full year bundle plan offered by Straighter-line. For those that are not aware of this deal it is basically a plan where you can choose 10 courses from straighter line and have up to a year to complete them for $1299. The courses that I have outlined below are the courses I am thinking about selecting for the bundle plan, for the purpose of earning a BSBA of General Management from TESU. I am pretty sure that all these courses that I have chosen below will fulfill some spaces in the BSBA, but given my paranoid personality it would be helpful if someone can review the courses I have selected and give me the okay to proceed with my purchase or to critique and provide your input on perhaps better alternatives. Thank you

English Composition 2

College Algebra

Principles Of Management

Accounting 1

Accounting 2

Managerial Accounting

Financial Accounting

Business Ethics

Business Law

Organizational Behavior
Which credits do you already have?
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
I have a total of 60 credits that transferred into TESU mostly general education and elective courses. In regards to the professional business requirements I only have macroeconomics and for the AOS I have Human relations in business MAN-231. The only Gen Ed requirements I need are college comp 2, information literacy, mathematics, ethics, and quantitative literacy. I plan to take quantitative literacy and information literacy at the community college. In addition I also plan to take the rest of the courses utilizing study.com, and TECEP'S.
The courses you have picked look fine, but you might be able to squeak in ALEKS College Algebra instead of going through SL.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Thank you for your input, I'll consider taking it through ALEKS, but I know there is not much time left. The funny thing is that I took intermediate algebra at my local community college but TESU counted it as developmental, but looking over the course material for college algebra everything looks to be similar.
Fortune212 Wrote:Thank you for your input, I'll consider taking it through ALEKS, but I know there is not much time left. The funny thing is that I took intermediate algebra at my local community college but TESU counted it as developmental, but looking over the course material for college algebra everything looks to be similar.

Do you have very limited time? Unless you are super strapped for time, this might be much more costly than it should be. My 17 year old son completed Business Law, Business Ethics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Org Behavior, and English Comp 2 all in a one month $99 membership plus course costs - and he used 2 coupons so saves $100 as well. He did this while also completing 2 courses at the same time on Study.com.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
[-] The following 1 user Likes rowan555's post:
  • indigoshuffle
That's amazing, i did not know one could finish that many classes in so little time. I think maybe I should reevaluate my decision then and consider taking them one at a time. Overall though I think at most its going to take me at least 4-6 months to finish those courses.
Fortune212 Wrote:That's amazing, i did not know one could finish that many classes in so little time. I think maybe I should reevaluate my decision then and consider taking them one at a time. Overall though I think at most its going to take me at least 4-6 months to finish those courses.

It really depends on your approach to taking them. For some of the courses my son read the text cover to cover and spent a lot of time on the lessons online, and for others, like Organizational Behavior, he just went right to the tests, using the open book format, and finished the course in one day. I just hate for you to pay up front for 12 months when it's highly unlikely it will take you anywhere near that long to complete those courses, and the savings for the bundle really aren't that great.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
I think your right about this. The deal does seem very attractive though considering the amount of time and courses they give you, but I may be able to save a few hundred doing them by groups or seperatly.
Fortune212 Wrote:That's amazing, i did not know one could finish that many classes in so little time. I think maybe I should reevaluate my decision then and consider taking them one at a time. Overall though I think at most its going to take me at least 4-6 months to finish those courses.

Unless you are a true procrastinator you will be able to knock out those 10 courses in 2-3 months tops. I believe most have said SL is quicker to finish then Study.com courses, with that being said It has been taking me about 2weeks per study.com course. Not that is not working hours on end per day because I am taking 5 CC courses at the same time. I would NOT purchase the year plan with SL, you can prob get those courses done with 2 months worth of membership so 198$ and then the actual courses.

Also Accounting I is basically the baby version of Financial Accounting
Accounting II is basically the baby version of Managerial Accounting

You can prob finish these 4 in one month
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Action Plan Indy73 2 673 12-03-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Indy73
  Coursera Plan of Attack spohara 0 576 09-02-2022, 11:16 AM
Last Post: spohara
  Will a basic plan work for me while I submit my SDC assignments? acethroughcollege 2 715 05-25-2022, 11:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Which Study.com plan did you pick? collegechick 13 2,138 09-25-2020, 02:14 PM
Last Post: ARhead
  Shmoop ACE Plan Changes? Tedium 80 8,140 09-09-2020, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  SDC Exam days after College Accelarator Plan Expires Edriveless 2 1,237 07-12-2020, 02:01 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  BACS Plan gams007 9 1,661 04-19-2020, 08:50 PM
Last Post: gams007
  Study.com's "Family Plan" Discount CarpeDiem8 0 932 04-09-2020, 09:07 AM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  Question on degree plan using mostly Sophia mdel210201 6 1,765 03-30-2020, 12:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I need a study Plan for BSIT & asnsmCS gams007 4 1,286 01-04-2020, 12:03 PM
Last Post: ConqueringCollege