Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Study.com plan did you pick?
(09-25-2020, 11:44 AM)collegechick Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 11:36 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You do not have to purchase anything addtional when taking a SDC course. The exceptions are a few literature courses (where you are expected to acquire books from a given list, some of which may be free and in the public domain while others will cost money) and the science courses with lab where you are expected to purchase a particular lab kit. Math courses may expect (but do not require) a calculator. You'll probably make your life easier, however, if you do have a good allowed calculator to use.

Some SDC courses are easier than others. For instance, discrete math is, apparently, one of the more difficult courses. Others can be finished in just a couple of days. Check the review thread to see if the courses you're needing to take have been reviewed there.

Thank you.  Fortunately, I'm all done with math.  Need to finish 12 UL's, American Government, Intro to World Religions.  So, if I use Premium Edition, what is the additional fee to test?  Or do I have to switch to the Accelerator option to test?

You must switch to the accelerator option to test. 

If you need government, InstantCert is going to be a cheaper option for you. $20 + proctoring fee.
(09-25-2020, 11:58 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 11:44 AM)collegechick Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 11:36 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You do not have to purchase anything addtional when taking a SDC course. The exceptions are a few literature courses (where you are expected to acquire books from a given list, some of which may be free and in the public domain while others will cost money) and the science courses with lab where you are expected to purchase a particular lab kit. Math courses may expect (but do not require) a calculator. You'll probably make your life easier, however, if you do have a good allowed calculator to use.

Some SDC courses are easier than others. For instance, discrete math is, apparently, one of the more difficult courses. Others can be finished in just a couple of days. Check the review thread to see if the courses you're needing to take have been reviewed there.

Thank you.  Fortunately, I'm all done with math.  Need to finish 12 UL's, American Government, Intro to World Religions.  So, if I use Premium Edition, what is the additional fee to test?  Or do I have to switch to the Accelerator option to test?

You must switch to the accelerator option to test. 

If you need government, InstantCert is going to be a cheaper option for you. $20 + proctoring fee.

Thank you!  :Smile Checking them out now
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
(09-25-2020, 11:52 AM)collegechick Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 11:45 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You only need 12 UL credits from them (UL have assignments), choose anything that interests you and will fit in the Liberal Arts.  Your Capstone and the TEEX Death Investigation count towards 6 UL credits already, you need a total of 18 UL for the BALS.  You can take courses from other providers too, but here is their transfer guide to TESU: https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html

You should email TESU and ask to see if you can take some UL business courses towards the AOS, as they have a BALS GM option, I doubt it though, but doesn't hurt to ask.  If they do accept some courses, such as Economics/Finance, you can do the Davar Academy Business Membership for 2 courses at $99+proctor fee of $15 each.  That will net you 6 UL credits, an option is to take the CIS/Economics courses.  It's just slides from a presentation and exam, I don't know if there are assignments.

Thank you for your response.  What is the AOS and a BALS GM?  I was planning on taking mostly UL Business classes to complete, possibly pursuing an MBA.

Do people find Davar is like CLEP?  Again, looking for the path of least resistance.  Sounds like Study.com prepares one for the final exam, cut and dry?

The BALS GM is the BALS with a General Management Concentration - I don't think this can be completed through this method (at this time). 

It is my understanding that Business Courses don't fit in the AOS for the BALS unless you opt for the GM (which I don't think can be completed through alt credit method talked about here).  I know that for a concentration in the BALS the Humanities and Social Sciences are (SS is the most common I see here).  You have enough professional experience for applying to an MBA program - you don't need a Business Degree (although some programs do require pre-reqs if you don't; plenty more do not require them). The UL cannot be in just any subject - even for the BALS.

On your behalf I'm asking to the forum members here...
What are the concentrations that can be completed for the TESU BALS?
And can they be all be completed with just Study.com for the UL?

Here is the latest (not all inclusive) transfer list from SDC to TESU - https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Allvia - For Social Science, I've done TEEX, SDC - Sociology 305, SDC - Psychology 301, Coopersmith - PSY 310 - Foundations of Stress Management, and plan to do Coopersmith - Drug, Society and Human Behavior.
The two SDC courses are not on my TESU transcript yet but I don't foresee any issues.

You could easily do a whole SS concentration with SDC, there are lots of options. But unless you really like writing lots of essays, I'd switch it up with some Coopersmith like I did.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,356 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,598 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,466 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 752 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,903 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 592 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 313 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 731 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM