Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Cost Breakdown of TESU
I think I have the costs figured out for the credits I would like to bring into TESU, but not sure about all the different fees, etc. FOR TESU (application, transfer credits, the waiver fee, 2 required courses, graduation, whatever else???) - could someone point me in the right direction/link or post the breakdown for me, please?  My plan is to transfer in 114 credits and just take the cornerstone and capstone for a BSBA - marketing degree.  Enjoyed a huge sigh of relief after figuring out the degree plan but reality is I need to start budgeting for the next steps.  Thank you, thank you!
Application: $50.
Medical Terminology TECEP (to become enrolled immediately, gain unlimited evaluations): $50 - not needed if you're going to immediately enroll in the cornerstone
6 credits: $3114
Residency waiver: $3192
Graduation fee: $298

https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-05-2021, 07:34 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Application: $50.
Medical Terminology TECEP (to become enrolled immediately, gain unlimited evaluations): $50 - not needed if you're going to immediately enroll in the cornerstone
6 credits: $3114
Residency waiver: $3192
Graduation fee: $298

https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees

Thank you!!
(05-05-2021, 07:23 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote: I think I have the costs figured out for the credits I would like to bring into TESU, but not sure about all the different fees, etc. FOR TESU (application, transfer credits, the waiver fee, 2 required courses, graduation, whatever else???) - could someone point me in the right direction/link or post the breakdown for me, please?  My plan is to transfer in 114 credits and just take the cornerstone and capstone for a BSBA - marketing degree.  Enjoyed a huge sigh of relief after figuring out the degree plan but reality is I need to start budgeting for the next steps.  Thank you, thank you!

The flat-rate tuition at TESU is $4639.  If you take 16 credits at TESU, you avoid having to pay the $3192 residency waiver fee which saves you a net of $1667. (Or more if you count study.com savings by taking classes at TESU)

The downside is that it may be a lot of work during that 3 months.  (Up to 20hrs per week total)

If your household makes under $60,000 per year, you should consider applying for the Pell Grant to save more.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-05-2021, 08:44 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 07:23 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote: I think I have the costs figured out for the credits I would like to bring into TESU, but not sure about all the different fees, etc. FOR TESU (application, transfer credits, the waiver fee, 2 required courses, graduation, whatever else???) - could someone point me in the right direction/link or post the breakdown for me, please?  My plan is to transfer in 114 credits and just take the cornerstone and capstone for a BSBA - marketing degree.  Enjoyed a huge sigh of relief after figuring out the degree plan but reality is I need to start budgeting for the next steps.  Thank you, thank you!

The flat-rate tuition at TESU is $4639.  If you take 16 credits at TESU, you avoid having to pay the $3192 residency waiver fee which saves you a net of $1667. (Or more if you count study.com savings by taking classes at TESU)

The downside is that it may be a lot of work during that 3 months.  (Up to 20hrs per week total)

If your household makes under $60,000 per year, you should consider applying for the Pell Grant to save more.

One option is to do FT Flat-Rate tuition for a term, and then do the cornerstone, a 1cr course, and the capstone online courses in that term, and do 3 courses as e-Pack's (which are similar to TECEP exams - a single exam is 100% of your grade, and it's Pass/Fail, so no hit to your GPA).  https://www2.tesu.edu/listallc.php?type=...1571680140.  Study for your exams prior to the term, then take them right at the beginning so they don't interfere with your 3 regular courses.

This is probably the easiest way to get 16cr in a single term at TESU - remember, TESU terms are 12weeks, which are similar to quarter-system courses, and normally you only take 3-4 courses in a quarter vs. 5 courses in a semester - to finish in 4 years either way).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jch
(05-05-2021, 09:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 08:44 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

One option is to do FT Flat-Rate tuition for a term, and then do the cornerstone, a 1cr course, and the capstone online courses in that term, and do 3 courses as e-Pack's (which are similar to TECEP exams - a single exam is 100% of your grade, and it's Pass/Fail, so no hit to your GPA).  https://www2.tesu.edu/listallc.php?type=...1571680140.  Study for your exams prior to the term, then take them right at the beginning so they don't interfere with your 3 regular courses.

This is probably the easiest way to get 16cr in a single term at TESU - remember, TESU terms are 12weeks, which are similar to quarter-system courses, and normally you only take 3-4 courses in a quarter vs. 5 courses in a semester - to finish in 4 years either way).

Thank you for posting about this option, it really does look interesting.  A little intimidating, but interesting :-).  In my original plan I wasn't even going to try to take the cornerstone at the same time as the capstone but I know a lot of people really just do it.  I imagine motivation and desire to finish ramps up as the end comes in sight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes k-k-k-katy's post:
  • schlocker
> but I know a lot of people really just do it

I'd like to know how many
because that + 3 courses as e-Packs in 12 weeks sounds ridiculously difficult
(05-05-2021, 11:39 PM)bluebooger Wrote: > but I know a lot of people really just do it

Another idea to make things less work is to take a 6 credit course.

So:

3 capstone
3 sos-110
6 course
3 credit course (epack)
1 credit course (lab sci or pla 100 either of which is only 4 weeks long)

Just an idea.
(05-05-2021, 11:39 PM)bluebooger Wrote: > but I know a lot of people really just do it

I did 4 TESU classes in a term.  I just set it up so I was only working on classes 1 or 2 days a week.   The regular classes were taking me 20hrs to do and the capstone around 60hrs.  I would say for most people regular classes should take up to 40hrs and the capstone around 50-100hrs.

The TESU courses are set up where it's hard to fail as long as you just try and turn in the assignments.  A lot of the time you end up only having to average like 50% or less on the papers to pass with a C because you are given lots of free points with the forums and quizzes.

The ePacks are a bit of a gamble because it's all or nothing pass with 70% or its no credit which means you lose the residency wavier exemption if that was your point of doing ePacks in the first place.  As far as ePacks being easier it depends what you already know.  For a computer science major the CIS-107 should be easy.  You can take the practice TECEP test to see if you can score at least an 80% on it with zero studying to see how easy it would be. 

Otherwise, the time you spend studying for the ePack course might be similar to the time you spend doing the actual course which does nothing for you but adds on a bunch of extra risk and stress for nothing.  If you have to spend a month or two studying for ePacks before you start the term, then that will be extra months it will take for you to graduate.

I heard at least a couple of people on degreeforum are going to attempt the ePack route.  Maybe we'll hear how it turns out.

Time, Money, Risk of Failing are the things to consider when making a decision on your path you choose.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • jch
(05-05-2021, 08:44 PM)LevelUP Wrote: (Or more if you count study.com savings by taking classes at TESU)

If that part of the suggestion was referring to the discounted tuition rate at TESU for having taken one study.com course (one of the corporate choice options), that discount went away July 2020 and as far as I know, no new students are eligible.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • bluebooger

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,978 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 362 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy