Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab
I see these courses listed in the ACE database, though they are not yet live on the Sophia website.

Health, Fitness, and Wellness
https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1

Anatomy & Physiology II Lab
https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1

I assume this will also be an Anatomy & Physiology II class that matches the lab course.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 5 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • bluebooger, Darknigh7, Jonathan Whatley, origamishuttle, ss20ts
Interesting choices. A&P II is a good one, but why the health one? Oh well. It all makes it easier for a student to get a Biology AoE from Pierpont, at the very least. Big Grin
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle, RachelB
(03-22-2024, 04:35 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Interesting choices. A&P II is a good one, but why the health one? Oh well. It all makes it easier for a student to get a Biology AoE from Pierpont, at the very least. Big Grin

Some colleges have a health/wellness requirement. It's one of the options for the bio requirement in the GEC at UMPI. I took a wellness course at a CC and that transferred in for my bio course at UMPI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
I would've thought that the Intro to Nutrition at Sophia already covers universities with that sort of requirement.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Great stuff, they're adding more classes towards their total. Some people would like classes in subjects not already available on other platforms, the AP II & Lab is available on Study.com already. It's good though, as now there are multiple options to select from, and Sophia.org is clearly in the race to get more members, maybe they're targeting classes that Study.com already has and trying to knock out the competition?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-22-2024, 10:03 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I would've thought that the Intro to Nutrition at Sophia already covers universities with that sort of requirement.

People have different interests. Different schools have different requirements.
I wish they'd add education classes...
Current Goal:
UMPI: B.A. Psychology (International Studies Minor)

I'm 42% through my degree!

Earned:  
Sophia: 48 credits
RA: 3 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes RachelB's post:
  • rachel83az
Any good addition of courses is always good. At least is possible to see that Sophia keep pushing forward with new courses and does not sit on complacence. It can help some people, specially people that want more healthcare oriented studies. It widens opportunities. I hope more new courses keep coming, and more varied too like Psy and education.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Health, Fitness, and Wellness is out NOW! Kab 2 173 Today, 09:32 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,399 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,716 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,800 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,872 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,398 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 606 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,970 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet