Here they are:

http://www.dantes.doded.mil/Sub%20Pages/...sRates.pdf

Shawn
A bit hard to get motivated with those under 50%'s.. :confused:
[quote=Shawn A]Here they are:

Thanks Shawn! I ALWAYS love to see the updated pass rates. Reminds me how awesome this place is with pass rates north of 90%.
The only reason the U.S. History I/II and American Gov. CLEP passing rates for military are so low is because about halfway through the test you realize that it is in fact written by a extremely leftwing consciencious objector who instead thought it more important to focus ONLY on social issues of the period and neglected the wars, conflicts, scandals, and other topics that had a profound impact on our society. Don't get me wrong there were many great things during those time periods i.e. civil rights movement, women's suffrage, etc however they weren't the ONLY things that occurred and I can't quite figure out how burning draft cards in protest of the Vietnam War was historically significant (yes, that was a question on the test)? Does it mention how WWII brought us out of the Great Depression? FDR took us away from the gold standard to a form of monetary policy still used today? Reagonomics? The answer is, no it doesn't.

Oh yeah, Ron Paul 2012!Smile
Wow - I had no idea those pass rates were that low now. Definitely makes me feel more confident, though, considering a lot of the tests I've passed have rates of about 25%.

Also, I've taken U.S. History II and American Government, and neither one seemed particularly biased one way or the other. In fact, my U.S. History II had very little about non-military aspect of Vietnam.
Course clear! You got a card.

Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 72|American Government 71|Introductory Sociology 63|Humanities 70|College Composition 60|U.S. History II 67|Principles of Marketing 73|Principles of Macroeconomics 67|Principles of Microeconomics 66|U.S. History I 74|College Mathematics 68|Information Systems & Computer Applications 68|College Algebra 56|Biology 63|Financial Accounting 65

B.A.S. IT Management, Class of 2015
MBA, Class of 2017
firedome75 Wrote:Does it mention how WWII brought us out of the Great Depression? FDR took us away from the gold standard to a form of monetary policy still used today? Reagonomics? The answer is, no it doesn't.

Oh yeah, Ron Paul 2012!Smile

Wait, Ron Paul is a follower of the Austrian school. One central tenet of the Austrian School is that destruction destroys wealth, not creates itWWII was destruction on a massive scale.

To quote Ludwig von Mises: "War prosperity is like the prosperity that an earthquake or plague brings."

This is the Broken Window Fallacy exposed by Hazlitt a century ago. If destroying things generates wealth, we should fly our bombers over every major city in the USA right now and get moving!

The idea that WWII was the economic engine that lifted us out of WWII is a Keynesian idea.

Are you a Paulian Keynesian? hilarious
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
cookderosa Wrote:Thanks Shawn! I ALWAYS love to see the updated pass rates. Reminds me how awesome this place is with pass rates north of 90%.

Just curious, do we have hard stats on that? I mean, I guess that is the number Steve reports from the IC website, but if I'm not mistaken that is only self-selected from people who actually (a) are IC members and (b) choose to report the score. People who fail a test have less incentive to report the results, so the rate may be skewed. Compared to the DoD numbers, which reports every single person in the DoD who took a particular test for the year, pass or fail.

Damn ALEKS stats, now I question everything like this...
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
dcan Wrote:Just curious, do we have hard stats on that? I mean, I guess that is the number Steve reports from the IC website, but if I'm not mistaken that is only self-selected from people who actually (a) are IC members and (b) choose to report the score. People who fail a test have less incentive to report the results, so the rate may be skewed. Compared to the DoD numbers, which reports every single person in the DoD who took a particular test for the year, pass or fail.

Damn ALEKS stats, now I question everything like this...

I don't know what IC reports, I did a survey a while back, there were plenty of people reporting failures, you'll have to do a search, I'm running late!!
It sure is interesting to look at the pass rates especially at the DSSTs; Technical Writing, and Principles of Supervision!
Respect Yourself and Respect others.

Passed
DSST Technical Writing
DSST Principle of Statistics
DSST Astronomy
DSST MIS
As I understand it, the DOD "pass rate" is based on all (military) exam attempts of those who took the exam cold without any study/prep materials such as the finest exam prep tool available - InstantCert.com Smile
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Online CLEP Training Alpha 2 1,862 01-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Free CLEP Score Send Question TheMaskedMutant 4 2,296 01-17-2019, 06:12 AM
Last Post: TheMaskedMutant
  Principle of Marketing CLEP Lyle912 1 1,946 04-08-2018, 12:33 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  CLEP/DSST Exams jchef15 1 3,270 08-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Last Post: dcan
  Study resources for clep preppyboy 4 2,761 04-28-2017, 12:21 PM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Free DSST Retake jmeitrem 6 3,040 03-22-2017, 05:05 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  PETERSON'S DSST PRACTICE TESTS OFFER (Military) UNTIL MARCH 31, 2016 fsmaine0020 0 2,294 03-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Last Post: fsmaine0020
  Comex systems CLEP NYCMIA777 1 1,481 06-24-2015, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  CLEP/DSST credits for advanced enlistment? Arm4L1t3 10 3,096 09-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Arm4L1t3
  Dsst technical writing frankshorey 7 2,343 08-30-2013, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Westerner