Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOD Microsoft Home Use Program
Just thought I'd mention to you guys that are in the military or work for the DOD, Microsoft has brought back the Home Use Program. They have Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus for $9.95. Just got mine today.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
what is it and how do we get it?
matthesf Wrote:what is it and how do we get it?

USAF message, not sure if it is the same for others. I blanked out our organization code, as you will need to provide the one for your service and unit:

Heading: Microsoft Home Use Program Now Available
You are now eligible to participate in Microsoft’s Software Assurance Home Use Program (HUP). This program enables you to get a licensed copy of most Microsoft Office desktop PC applications to install and use on your home computer.
Under the Home Use Program, you and our other employees who are users of qualifying applications at work (e.g. Office Enterprise) may acquire a licensed copy of the corresponding Home Use Program software (e.g. Office Enterprise) to install and use on a home computer. You may continue using HUP software while you are under our employment and as long as the corresponding software you use at work has active Software Assurance coverage.
Please note that some product and language versions may not be available at the time you place an order. For up-to-date information on the availability of Home Use Program software, please visit Microsoft Volume Licensing Home Page.
To access the Microsoft Home Use Program Web site:
1. Go to Microsoft Home Use Program - Only $9.95 for Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010. The software suite includes Word, Excel PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access and more!.
2. Select the country to which you want your order to be shipped to and choose the language for viewing the order Web site.
3. Enter your corporate e-mail address and insert the following program code xxxxxxxxx.
Note: This program code is assigned to AFSPC for our sole use in accessing this site. You may not share this number with anyone outside AFSPC.
4. Place your order online, and it will be shipped to the location you have chosen. Please note that a fulfillment fee will be charged to cover packaging, shipping, and handling costs.
We trust you will enjoy this benefit and look forward to your participation.
2Cool,
Thanks for posting that all that info. I meant to do it today because I posted the thread from home so I didn't have all the specifics, it was all done at work except for the downloading part.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
AAFES stores sells a military appreciation addition for $79 (A good price regardless, but not $10). I told a customer in line who was about to buy the appreciation addition, that he can get the full professional edition for $10, he thought I was hosing him.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US Navy NARC Program Alpha 1 1,288 06-18-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: jch
  Microsoft Software and Systems Academy Alpha 0 1,091 04-12-2021, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Free Coding bootcamps for veterans: VET TEC program through the VA MNomadic 10 4,292 06-22-2019, 09:21 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  T-Mobile and Fourblock launch online mooc program for veterans MNomadic 0 1,971 04-18-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Texas A&M Corpus Christi Military e-Line Nursing Program sanantone 3 2,993 06-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Verizon looking to train and hire field technicians (military veterans program) Prloko 0 1,255 03-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Veterans Career Transition Program - Free Certs for Veterans and Spouses jmeitrem 2 1,788 02-24-2015, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Officer program Spencebr 16 3,155 12-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Last Post: pstreaV
  TESC Military Degree Completion Program Change Prloko 2 1,062 10-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Microsoft office For 10 Dollars thiagocastro 0 1,228 07-23-2011, 07:17 AM
Last Post: thiagocastro