Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST Drug/Alcohol Abuse
Basket Weaver Wrote:...... if it doesn't, blame Shoto hilarious

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Not me, I'll take the credit - Rolleyes

Besides, with your great IC advice, how can anyone fail!!! Big Grin [/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Basket Weaver Wrote:Just know the IC cards inside and out and you'll do fine. That's all I, and many others, used and we all passed; I even shocked myself with an "A"! You can drive yourself crazy trying to memorize everything, IC will work, if it doesn't, blame Shotohilarious

Thanks Basket Weaver. I'm surely studying hard. Some of the answers are very long, it just makes me nervous. And those darn symptoms questions are so similar, I think I might have difficulty remembering which ones went to which. Anyhow, I'll do my best and keep on studying. Thanks!
One other note for you, be SURE to read all the other posts concerning this test. While I'm not one to give out test answers, others may have let one or two slip.......Rolleyes GOOD LUCK! Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="2"]Do you have the Rudman book? [/SIZE]

Shoto,

I just noticed you posted a reply to my comment, sorry for not replying sooner. No, I don't have the Rudman book, but, if it's like all the other books, it's probably garbage. The Amazon.com customer reviews from other people for the Rudman books back my opinion.

I used the Rudman book studying for Technical Writing, and I was shocked when I took the test, because there was virtually NOTHING on the test that had to do with the book. I understand the guides aren't just gonna give you the answers and all you have to do is remember them, but at least get me in the ballpark! (Like IC)

But I'm sort of confused at the same time, because I did pretty good on the test. I got a 56, and all you needed was a 46. So, I don't know where the credit lies for that. Did the book help? Was it because I was pretty good at writing and English to begin with? Maybe it was a mix of both.

Ok, I'll stop my rant here. What I'm meaning to say with all this is: No, I don't have the book. hilarious
BlackhawkGuy Wrote:Shoto,

I just noticed you posted a reply to my comment, sorry for not replying sooner. No, I don't have the Rudman book, but, if it's like all the other books, it's probably garbage. The Amazon.com customer reviews from other people for the Rudman books back my opinion.

I used the Rudman book studying for Technical Writing, and I was shocked when I took the test, because there was virtually NOTHING on the test that had to do with the book. I understand the guides aren't just gonna give you the answers and all you have to do is remember them, but at least get me in the ballpark! (Like IC)

But I'm sort of confused at the same time, because I did pretty good on the test. I got a 56, and all you needed was a 46. So, I don't know where the credit lies for that. Did the book help? Was it because I was pretty good at writing and English to begin with? Maybe it was a mix of both.

Ok, I'll stop my rant here. What I'm meaning to say with all this is: No, I don't have the book. hilarious

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]No problem for the delay, you had to study!!

To me, the Rudman books do not really teach you anything with the exception of illustrating how oddly dantes style questions and answers are posed. I actually have the drug & alcohol book, still unopened from amazon. I ended up not needing to take the exam and ate the cost of the book; it may end up on ebay sooner than later.

Glad you passed - Happy New Year!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I hope to take this exam on Wednesday. I will be using instacert and a text book titled "drugs, society and human behavior". I took and failed this exam once already. Any advice or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
University of Massachusetts - Lowell, MS Finance (current)
Lewis University, MBA, Finance
Excelsior College B.S. Liberal Arts, Admin/Mgmt Studies
All you need for this one is to know the IC guide inside and out. Reading the book will just be the icing on the cake, however I wouldn't put the book before IC. Just my opinion, Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
I have to agree with Basket Weaver. The IC material really gets to the nitty gritty of what you need to have in your head. I took it just using that material. I also have that book, but did not read it due to the lack of time (less then two days of studying before the test) and the IC materials worked wonders. I could rant and rave about it more, if you like ^_^
.-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-.
100 CLEP Credits (All 13 CLEP Tests Taken Without IC)
25 DSST Credits (All 5 DSST Tests Taken With IC)
30 ECE Credits (All 6 ECE Tests Taken With IC)
27 Credits From University (Two Classes Total)
0 Remaining
Graduated from Evergreen in 8 Months w/ 182 credits.
Currently pursuing a Masters in Education at UW.

.-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-.
I passed this yesterday morning with a 64 - relief!!!

I am surprised because I thought this was one of the hardest tests I've taken. I used InstatCert exclusively, and some of the reference links put here by other kind users, but it was still tough (imho).

My suggestion, if you're taking this test soon, is to read this thread well and use the links provided. Whomever posted to know the Schedule class of drugs was correct - that tip likely saved me on many questions. Know what drugs fall into which classification also, like sedative-hypnotic, stimulant, etc. is useful. Oh, and in my case, know what Haldol is and is used for. It came up on several questions for me.

I imagine these tests randomly generate the questions one gets, so you can't be sure what you'll get. But a previous poster mentioned knowing the max amount of natural alcohol in beer...my question was the same except for wine. Overall, I found questions dealing with alcohol to be minimal, with most of the questions focusing on drugs. More questions about nicotine than I expected too. Know the withdrawl and overdose symptoms of the drug classes.

I studied about 2 weeks on/off using IC. I would recommend really hitting the flashcards heavy, and reading all the info posted for the answers. That is of course where the real meat and potatoes is anyway.

Good luck to all, by the way. This was my last exam (of 7 total), and although I won't be back, I will refer this site to anyone who's trying to clep their way to an education!

Nyn
This is what a google search gave me as a definition of Haldol:

Haloperidol (ha-loe-PER-i-dole) is used to treat nervous, mental, and emotional conditions. It is also used to control the symptoms of Tourette's disorder. Haloperidol may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.

What else should we know about Haldol for the exam?
University of Massachusetts - Lowell, MS Finance (current)
Lewis University, MBA, Finance
Excelsior College B.S. Liberal Arts, Admin/Mgmt Studies

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,481 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,192 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,125 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,724 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  substance abuse prevention/case management course recommendations? Whitepines 7 1,390 01-04-2021, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 2,924 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis
  DSST World Religion Exam HELP hjborn@yahoo.com 4 1,353 06-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: hjborn@yahoo.com
  Score of 300 dsst natshar 5 1,574 03-05-2020, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DSST Biz Ethics UL vs SL Biz Ethics LL? etc. SCYankee 8 1,546 02-27-2020, 04:06 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Sophia/CLEP/DSST Info Tech exams = all same? SCYankee 2 1,396 02-22-2020, 05:36 PM
Last Post: SCYankee