Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST Environmental Science or DSST Astronomy?
(02-20-2020, 03:02 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 02:13 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 01:52 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Is DSST for anyone or one must be active duty?

Anyone can take an exam, you just have to find a testing center that is "open" rather than "limited."  Some schools are limited to their own students.  Some testing centers are limited because they're on a base.  But other than that, you should be fine.
Thanks, I didn't know that, this opens up more options for me. I will look into it.

I'm a civilian (although former military back in the day... so old) and I take my DSST's and CLEP's at University of Phoenix. I pay a proctoring fee to the University and the fee for the exam (to CLEP or DSST). 

GG
Community College - 39 Credits
Excelsior/ECE - Information Literacy, World Conflicts After 1900, Research Methods in Psychology, Weather and Climate, Workplace Communication with Computers, Labor Relations, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology
CLEP - Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Educational Psychology
DSST - Ethics of America, Principals of Supervision, Health and Human Development, Human Resources Management, The Civil War and Reconstruction, Substance Abuse, Environmental Science, History of the Soviet Union
Study.Com - Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology, Communications 102: Interpersonal Communications, Psychology 315: Psychology of Motivation, English 105: English Composition II, History 108: History of the Vietnam War, Statistics 101: Principles of Statistics
GonnaGraduate, are you going for a degree at Excelsior College? I noticed you have taken CLEP. If you are going for a degree, I would highly recommend continuing with CLEP/ModernStates for the Lower Level credits and DSST/Study.com for Upper Level credits. Which degree are you going for and which college are you going to enroll in?
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Business & IT Certs: Cisco, CompTIA, 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL, MTA, etc
Coursera Google IT Certs & Udacity Nanodegrees

Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2019 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review: Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
(02-20-2020, 07:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: GonnaGraduate, are you going for a degree at Excelsior College? I noticed you have taken CLEP.  If you are going for a degree, I would highly recommend continuing with CLEP/ModernStates for the Lower Level credits and DSST/Study.com for Upper Level credits.  Which degree are you going for and which college are you going to enroll in?

I'm going for my BS in Psychology. I'm almost done, with my last DSST's (Stats and Fundamentals of Counseling) being taken next Thursday. I'm enrolled at Excelsior and I like them for the most part.

GG
Community College - 39 Credits
Excelsior/ECE - Information Literacy, World Conflicts After 1900, Research Methods in Psychology, Weather and Climate, Workplace Communication with Computers, Labor Relations, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology
CLEP - Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Educational Psychology
DSST - Ethics of America, Principals of Supervision, Health and Human Development, Human Resources Management, The Civil War and Reconstruction, Substance Abuse, Environmental Science, History of the Soviet Union
Study.Com - Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology, Communications 102: Interpersonal Communications, Psychology 315: Psychology of Motivation, English 105: English Composition II, History 108: History of the Vietnam War, Statistics 101: Principles of Statistics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DSST exam center couldn't administer test Murdockb 2 341 05-27-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  CLEP/DSST to WGU eminor7 3 165 05-25-2020, 10:30 PM
Last Post: eminor7
  new to instantcert - Management Information Systems DSST mgreene 0 342 03-13-2020, 09:34 PM
Last Post: mgreene
  CLEP vs DSST math = same thing? SCYankee 1 201 02-22-2020, 04:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  How hard is Principles of Statistics DSST? Jitzman94 7 1,973 02-17-2020, 12:15 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Intro World Religions vs Human Cultural Geo - DSST SCYankee 2 200 02-08-2020, 10:09 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  DSST Exams - info, and expiring 1/31/20 dfrecore 14 696 02-04-2020, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Library2HospitalChaplain
  DSST Ethics in Technology cookderosa 11 1,250 02-03-2020, 11:17 AM
Last Post: PurpleSocks
  TECEP (BIO 208) - The Science of Nutrition CarpeDiem8 0 188 01-31-2020, 03:03 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  DSST for 8th grader BigDaddy1 7 591 12-17-2019, 04:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77