Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST: Intro to Computing
donvago1 Wrote:Taking this exam soon. Wondered if anyone had any suggestions,tips, for this exam. Primarily using Instacert will this be enough. Really need this one badly.

Thanks

Good luck! Let us know how things turned out.
I have this exam and Art of the Western World DSST to go to finish up my degree. Taking both April 19th. I have the audio version of the Intro To Computers flashcards on my Ipod that I listen to every day to and from work and one of my earliest memories had a computer involved... and not much has changed since so I think I'm good to go Big Grin

Now Art of the Western World on the other hand... I'm gonna have to get really close to the Anennburg videos that have served the sole function of gathering dust for the past few months. Really sort of dreading it.
MS in Administration - Public Administration (Central Michigan University) - 2012
BS in Health Care Management (Southern Illinois University Carbondale) - 2011
Intro to Computing isn't that bad. Wink

Shemrat,

Why Art of the Western World? Does that satisfy a requirement that can't be finished another way?
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Chebasaz Wrote:Intro to Computing isn't that bad. Wink

Shemrat,

Why Art of the Western World? Does that satisfy a requirement that can't be finished another way?

My school limits the credits that they may accept from testing out to DSST exams and they do not recognize CLEPS. I need 1 more Social Sciences course to satisfy the 2-course requirement. I have already passed General Anthropology, one of 2 tests that they grant credit to in the Social Sciences category, so that leaves me with Art of the Western World... sigh.... Oh well, I can't complain - It is all free and I have saved THOUSANDS through military credit and DSST's alone! The credit from my C School fills the Internship, so I got a really good thing going. Big Grin
MS in Administration - Public Administration (Central Michigan University) - 2012
BS in Health Care Management (Southern Illinois University Carbondale) - 2011
Ah, I see. Well good luck! I haven't seen anyone run from the room screaming after taking that one. That bodes well Wink
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Gunny Wrote:Good luck! Let us know how things turned out.
This was posted 5 years ago mateWink
Set yourself goals, not limitations
kcpass Wrote:Hello all,

I am new to the forums, but wanted to add a special tidbit. If you go to the following site you can access free test preps for all DSST and CLEP, all you need to do is register.hilarious
nelnetsolutions.com/dod/Default.aspx?sponsor=12894

Your link is bad, but I posted a full review on the best DSST Study Guides @ http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...post101705

Peterson's Nelnet is one of my favorite Dantes Practice Tests and I tell you how to get free access.
Yes,
Instant cert & general knowledge will do it!
I got a good score on the exam even though I'd only had a few days to study and actually just put the IC info into a glossary I made for myself and studied as I did things around the house....it works! If flashcards aren't your thing, try doing something like that along with some other background reading and you may find it easier! (For this test or any other!)

I wish you all well in your endeavors!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,481 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 991 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Computing & IT - UK Bachelors Equivalent - £905.00 bjcheung77 15 3,422 05-28-2022, 09:34 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,088 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,192 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,125 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,724 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 2,924 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis
  Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree Cofffeee 7 1,382 07-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  DSST World Religion Exam HELP hjborn@yahoo.com 4 1,353 06-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: hjborn@yahoo.com