Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST Money and Banking or Civil War and Reconstrucion
Has anyone taken these two tests? Which one was more difficult? I can take either one and was wondering which way to do.

Thanks!
Although Money and Banking wasn't as much of a monster test as many had made it out to be, it is nevertheless up there with the harder tests.

I didn't take Civil War & Reconstruction, (US history CLEPs touched on it a bit though) but I can assure you that straight facts (what constitutes a lot of the history tests) are much easier to learn than the principles, concepts, and vocabulary that come with learning a new topic like Money and Banking.

- Sam
I haven't taken M&B. Civil War & Reconstruction was not too difficult. I would definitely choose that one.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
It depends on what your goals are. You're going for a Business Admin degree, so which would be more valuable for you to understand when it comes to doing your job. I'd say Money & Banking not because I've taken the test but if you have a leaning towards business you'll have some overlap in the subject area. The Civil War & Reconstruction exam is very very detailed, there is an instantcert flashcard series for it but check out the exam specific feedback on each exam and see what others say on there. I'm doing business and HR and I'd enjoy the CW & R more than the money and banking. The other thing is that the money and banking may allow you to learn about how to make some money in life even if its the simple life lesson of compound interest working for you or working against you.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
I am in Finance and listen to Bloomberg Radio almost every day, so Money and Banking was an easy way for me to earn some liberal arts credits. If you know nothing or not much about economics and money and banking I would not recommend taking it.
Civil War and reconstruction was pretty easy for me.
I had taken both U.S. History CLEP's the week before it, and they had touched some minor areas of the test.
Attached are my notes for the test in case you are wondering what kind of stuff you will have to study for if you take the Civil War and Reconstruction test.

Attached Files
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">U.S.CivilWar.docx (Size: 9.71 KB / Downloads: 1)
I'm a 19 year old, Software Engineer, who is enrolled at TESC for a B.A. in Computer Science. My bachelors coursework is completed and I am waiting for graduation to roll around. Will start pursuing ALM in Information Technology with a concentration in Software Engineering from Harvard Extension School sometime in the coming year.
Never taken Money & Banking but Civil War was very fact based and not too hard. My feedback is here.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Thanks for all the feedback!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 1,627 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Business Insider/MSN - College, Grad, Money Articles bjcheung77 4 470 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,482 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Is It Worth the Money to Get a College Degree? Lets Do the Math and Find Out! LevelUP 20 2,142 02-08-2023, 07:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,858 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,195 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  Magical, Mystical, Money Machine - Educational Technology bjcheung77 1 516 11-16-2021, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Credit banking and transcripting of ACE/NCCRS courses studyingfortests 1 811 09-10-2021, 09:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Quickest/Most inexpensive credit banking? Calstar 7 1,306 07-24-2021, 03:17 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,129 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl