Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST: Principles of Public Speaking
Just took the Public Speaking test this morning. I used passyourclass book and flashcards which were of little help. Out of the 84 questions maybe 15 -20 were part of the book and flashcards. This was one of the more difficult test I took. My speech topic that was given to me was drug testing, pretty easy one. If I passed this one, luck is on my side. Will find out in 3-4 weeks.
I used passyourclass as supplements to instantcert for Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Here's to your Health and Environment and Humanity. I found the material almost worthless, with the possible exception of Environment and Humanity.
Has anyone taken the Dantes Public Speaking Test. I took the test 3 weeks ago, and still no results, any thoughts.
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum, but have used Instantcert to successfully prepare for several exams. I have read quite a few post on the length of time it takes to get your Dsst results. I took the public speaking exam on June 13 and am happy to say after only 9 weeks and 1 day I finally received my results. I scored a 61 passing both parts. Definitly when taking this test be patient. During the 9 week period while waiting for my results I took 1 Clep and 3 other Dantes test and received scores on all but one, which I just took 2 days ago. The Public Speaking written portion isn't that hard. I used a Website by Mcgraw-Hill 'The Art of Public Speaking'. Good site to prepare for the written part of the exam. For the speech portion I followed basically the same format that you would use for a 5 paragraph essay. Open, 2 or 3 points you use to defend your position and finally a summary. Practice by picking a topic and do a few practice speeches before you take the test.

BGN
BGN Wrote:Hi everyone! I am new to the forum, but have used Instantcert to successfully prepare for several exams. I have read quite a few post on the length of time it takes to get your Dsst results. I took the public speaking exam on June 13 and am happy to say after only 9 weeks and 1 day I finally received my results. I scored a 61 passing both parts. Definitly when taking this test be patient. During the 9 week period while waiting for my results I took 1 Clep and 3 other Dantes test and received scores on all but one, which I just took 2 days ago. The Public Speaking written portion isn't that hard. I used a Website by Mcgraw-Hill 'The Art of Public Speaking'. Good site to prepare for the written part of the exam. For the speech portion I followed basically the same format that you would use for a 5 paragraph essay. Open, 2 or 3 points you use to defend your position and finally a summary. Practice by picking a topic and do a few practice speeches before you take the test.

BGN

BGN,

I too, am Interested in doing the Public Speaking in the near future. I have no Idea on how to study for it. I have 2 years Experience of Varsity Lincoln-Douglas Debate, but that was about 6 years ago, in high school.

Can you provide a link?

Cheers!
Traditional Credits: 39 (12 used)
FEMA Credits: 9 (6 used)
NFA Credits: 2 (0 used)
DANTES Credits: 21 (18 used)
CLEP Credits: 18 (15 used)
FAA Credits: 39

EC BS in Psychology: 90/120 (38 unused)
BGN Wrote:......I took the public speaking exam on June 13 and am happy to say after only 9 weeks and 1 day I finally received my results. I scored a 61 passing both parts..........
BGN

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Great job and excellent advice and feedback!!

Welcome to the IC-Forums!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Is this the McGraw-Hill website that you are referring to? http://www.mhhe.com/socscience/comm/pubspeak/
I have this test coming up.
[SIZE="1"][/SIZE]
Sorry, I have not been online the past week. I hope I am doing this correctly. Here is the link for the Mcgraw Hill site I spoke of. If you go to the student center it will have a outline of each chapter. I used this to prepare for the written and oral portion of the test

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/00...index.html
I am getting ready to conquer DANTES Principles of Speech. Any more suggestions for what to study and how to be prepared to give the impromtu speech part of the test? Does it really take that long to get your results back? I've never taken a Dantes before.
Thanks for any feedback!
degree_driven08 Wrote:I am getting ready to conquer DANTES Principles of Speech. Any more suggestions for what to study and how to be prepared to give the impromtu speech part of the test? Does it really take that long to get your results back? I've never taken a Dantes before.
Thanks for any feedback!

I too am getting ready for this test. I am not sure at all what to expect. Is the speech part just written down or do you have to give it to someone? Thanks!
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,940 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Masters in Public Admin Mike Williams 11 1,755 06-17-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: teejayb
  Where did they go? Kids missing from public schools bjcheung77 5 615 02-16-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,396 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  From 3 Struggling Public Colleges, a New University Emerges LevelUP 2 742 08-24-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: allvia
  DeSantis signs bill limiting tenure at Florida public universities Pats20 34 2,982 07-16-2022, 04:36 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Arizona Families who bail on public school will get $7,000 per kid smartdegree 9 1,346 07-02-2022, 04:19 PM
Last Post: smartdegree
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,151 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,081 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,659 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az