Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davar Academy MAN-401 at COSC
There's a transfer guide for TESU and COSC equivalency for Davar Academy courses. But the COSC equivalency for MAN-401 Advanced Strategic Management is blank. Do they simply not accept it? Is it a crapshoot what it comes in as? Does anyone have any experience with transferring it to COSC?

I guess I could just wing it and see what happens. I've had positive results flying by the seat of my pants before....and some cases where it was a waste of time/money. What's $70?
(08-19-2018, 11:06 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: There's a transfer guide for TESU and COSC equivalency for Davar Academy courses. But the COSC equivalency for MAN-401 Advanced Strategic Management is blank. Do they simply not accept it? Is it a crapshoot what it comes in as? Does anyone have any experience with transferring it to COSC?

I guess I could just wing it and see what happens. I've had positive results flying by the seat of my pants before....and some cases where it was a waste of time/money. What's $70?

If you look at this page you can see the management courses at COSC https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...es/mgt.php

The only course that sounds like Strategic Management is the capstone, which is called MGT 499 Strategic Management Capstone, but you won't be able to get credit for that course because you have to take it with them. However, that similarity should give you a basis for considering it an upper level transfer. If they didn't automatically count it as upper level, I would use that to argue for a change to upper level.
(08-20-2018, 06:55 AM)txnicole Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 11:06 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: There's a transfer guide for TESU and COSC equivalency for Davar Academy courses. But the COSC equivalency for MAN-401 Advanced Strategic Management is blank. Do they simply not accept it? Is it a crapshoot what it comes in as? Does anyone have any experience with transferring it to COSC?

If you look at this page you can see the management courses at COSC https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...es/mgt.php

The only course that sounds like Strategic Management is the capstone, which is called MGT 499 Strategic Management Capstone, but you won't be able to get credit for that course because you have to take it with them. However, that similarity should give you a basis for considering it an upper level transfer. If they didn't automatically count it as upper level, I would use that to argue for a change to upper level.

Huh. I got this answer when I specifically asked them: Subject: FW: Davar Academy for Upper Level Credit

"Strategic Management is not a transferrable course ever.  It duplicates our capstone for the business major which must be taken here at Charter Oak."

Wow. Not a transferable course EVER. That's a pretty strong answer. I don't know why they wouldn't just accept it as a general Management course, when they accept Managerial Communicaiton, Organizational Communication, Professional Communication...or Organizational Leadership and Managerial Leadership and Leading Organizational Change, since a lot of that stuf overlaps quite a bit.
Oh well. Glad I emailed. Saved me 85 bucks. Guess I gotta shell out another month of gawldurn Study.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,293 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  American Dream Alumni Academy? acethroughcollege 18 4,268 07-10-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,262 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,150 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Davar Academy Preview? Carnation 3 807 01-01-2023, 02:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WGU Academy has more ACE courses MNomadic 8 1,589 10-23-2022, 12:17 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  TESU, UMPI, EU, COSC and WGU students reen967 8 1,491 10-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: reen967
  older National Fire Academy (NETC/FEMA) can now have ACE badges issued on Credly! jsd 14 1,885 02-23-2022, 02:32 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Kahn academy Pats20 4 1,067 10-08-2021, 01:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  DAVAR, SOPHIA, COOPERSMITH, etc creationstory 10 1,823 08-06-2021, 01:30 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL