Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davar agreement with COSC set to expire
Joined this group late 2019 as I decided to FINALLY finish my bachelors as I sent my oldest off to college.  I already had an associates (from way back when) but had put off finishing to raise kids, homeschool, several moves through the years, and caring for my elderly Mom, etc., etc.  This forum has been a blessing to me and the information invaluable, just some good people here willing to share their knowledge to help others reach their goals.  I started with study.com in February and now have 5 classes done, 1 in progress, and am currently enrolled to start COSC in the fall with a graduation date of December.  That being said, I need to take 2 classes every month between now and then in order to keep to the schedule and need all upper level at this point, except for 1 business statistics.  I had taken one class at my local CC last year and at the rate that was going, it was slated to take me 2 years - through information gathered here, I have shaved a year off of that, saved a LOT of money, and just really like doing it this way SO much better.

So, I emailed my counselor at COSC to confirm a few classes I planned to start immediately at Davar.  She forwarded me an email from the Associate Registrar stating that they no longer have an agreement with Davar and that as of July 1 their credits will not be transferrable (yikes!)  Any courses from Davar would need to be completed AND transcripted prior to July 1.

I am trying now to figure out how to fulfill my UL requirements, without having to use ONLY study.com - the cost for one, but also, there are a lot of assignments required for the UL courses.  For example their MIS and Corporate Finance both have 3 assignments in addition to the quizzes and final.  I'm thinking it will be hard to finish 2 classes/month with so many assignments.  I did sign up for Saylor, for the Finance course, as it shows that it is upper level and would also meet the requirement for the finance requirement (not confirmed this with COSC), but it is mostly just reading the online text chapter after chapter, and I am finding it hard to get through.  It is free, so you can't beat the cost, of course, but I really do like the study.com structure.

So I guess seeking advice from some of you that have "been there" - any other UL providers besides the ones already mentioned?  I have read multiple posts here from the forum veterans about the importance of transferring credits promptly and this is one of those cases where I can see how vital this is.

Thanks in advance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,370 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Davar Academy Preview? Carnation 3 826 01-01-2023, 02:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU, UMPI, EU, COSC and WGU students reen967 8 1,529 10-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: reen967
  DAVAR, SOPHIA, COOPERSMITH, etc creationstory 10 1,867 08-06-2021, 01:30 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Davar Adademy - Accounting 302 - Accounting for Management bookred 2 1,080 06-22-2021, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Davar Managerial Communication Flelm 5 1,369 04-29-2021, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Flelm
  COSC Natural Science with Lab Seagull 6 1,252 02-16-2021, 12:27 PM
Last Post: jfarr41
  Davar vs. Coopersmith dfrecore 2 1,211 02-11-2021, 03:53 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Davar Academy MAN 330 International Management and SDC 120 International Business elenlushk 7 1,882 11-16-2020, 04:45 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Davar Academy Questions ashkir 5 1,903 11-11-2020, 02:52 PM
Last Post: ss20ts