Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davar vs. Coopersmith
Can anyone who's done both tell me how Davar courses/exams work vs. Coopersmith?  I think I'm getting them mixed up in my head. Thanks!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'd like to know also! Does Davar include everything? Or does it "suggest/require" books like Coopersmith?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

It's very easy to confuse Davar and Coopersmith.  They were actually once affiliated.  

Their course materials are very similar.  Davar's tend to be a bit richer; they might offer a link to a book through Open SUNY Textbooks, or a YouTube read-through of a PPT deck.  But overall the student experience is nearly identical.  Abbreviated, highly targeted study materials are provided, textbooks are recommended, and when you're ready, a proctored final exam is made available.

If I had to sum up the three biggest differences between them, they would be:

The available courses.  There's not a lot of overlap.  Typically, the course you're looking for will guide you toward one or the other.  For business and a gen ed or two, Davar is outstanding.  For Psych, Health, Education, Counseling and Hebrew Studies, Coopersmith is the way to go.

The cost.  Davar is around $80 for a three-credit course, plus proctoring fee.  The also offer a plan called "Business Class", where you can take two business classes at a time for $99 per month, which I'd call the second-best .edu bargain out there after Sophia.  Coopersmith charges $150 for a three-credit course, plus proctoring fees.  But you can get some pretty specialized UL courses at Coopersmith that you can't get elsewhere, so I still consider them an excellent value.  Again, for straightforward gen eds and business courses, it's hard to beat Davar.  If you need Health and Safety in Early Childhood Education or Food Styling, you might be thrilled to find them at Coopersmith.

The proctoring.  Davar gives you the choice of RPNow, which I love, or ProctorFU, which I loathe.  With Coopersmith, you're limited to ProctorFU.  About 8-10 months ago when I was taking Coopersmith courses, every single time I tried to book an exam with ProctorFU, they would charge me the higher "Take it Now" fee, instead of the correct "Take it Soon" fee.  I was, and remain convinced that this was just a money grab, an attempt to capitalize on the overwhelming tidal wave of displaced students who could no longer test out at school or a test center due to COVID.  Every time I contacted support, they would just repeat "You always have the option to schedule your exams at least 72 hours in advance in order to avoid premium fees".  Still makes my blood boil thinking about it.

That's about all I can think of, but if you have any specific questions, I can try to answer them.
[-] The following 6 users Like ctcarl's post:
  • doom, Dorothy44, jch, Michelle779, qiaoyiren, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,241 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,293 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 544 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 410 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 3,896 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  What are Coopersmith courses like? lonelySamurai 0 545 05-16-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Coopersmith Music Education eminor7 7 1,008 02-09-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Graduate-Level Courses sanantone 4 1,232 01-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coopersmith New Courses ROYISAGIRL 15 3,194 01-01-2023, 02:45 PM