Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Coopersmith proctoring
I broke down and contacted Coopersmith to say that I want to take some of their courses, but I just can't stand ProctorU. They replied that they don't currently have the ability to do RPNow proctoring at the moment, but that they would look into it. Maybe it's just empty platitudes, but perhaps if more people were to do the same then they'd be more incentivized to switch - or at least to let you choose like Davar does.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • doom, jsd, Kab
shaas from Coopersmith posts here occasionally, so there will be some visibility regarding this
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Yeah, that's who emailed me. There have been several Coopersmith courses I want to take but have hesitated on doing so solely because Coopersmith uses ProctorU.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
TESU uses ProctorU so you will be using them again. gl

I don't have the patience to schedule ProctorU and end up paying the extra $10 to take the test within a few hours.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I know TESU uses ProctorU. I'd prefer to avoid ProctorU whenever possible, though. It's just not a good experience.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Good news! I just got another email saying that at least some Coopersmith courses will have RPNow as an option. The downside is that there is no timeline right now.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts, TwinMom
We, too, dislike PU. We've had some issues with it technically (it got resolved thankfully) and it's very invasive. I had asked about RPNow about a year ago so I'm glad there's been progress.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

I'm excited! I'm hoping to at least be able to take Linear Algebra and History of Food Trucks. Big Grin
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
What's the problem with PU? I have had experience with Examity and am avoiding them if at all possible.

History of Food Trucks? This is a legit class? Man where was that when I was completing my bachelor's degree? Sounds like a fun class.
Among other things, it doesn't matter how good your connection is, you can get kicked out of the exam you're taking if it fluctuates even a little bit. Some other issues include: you have to talk to someone obviously working in a foreign call center; the background noise can make it difficult to hear (let alone understand) what the proctor is telling you. Another common issue is them having no clue how to actually access your exam.

Anyone wishing to take an exam proctored by ProctorU should probably block out at least 3 hours: 1 hour for the exam, 2 hours to resolve the issues that crop up.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,377 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 570 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 436 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  What are Coopersmith courses like? lonelySamurai 0 571 05-16-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Coopersmith Music Education eminor7 7 1,030 02-09-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Graduate-Level Courses sanantone 4 1,268 01-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coopersmith New Courses ROYISAGIRL 15 3,246 01-01-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Exclamation Coopersmith questions. Vle045 8 1,733 06-07-2022, 05:08 PM