Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decision made (FINALLY) - BALS at TESU - now what?
(03-13-2019, 02:49 PM)davewill Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 01:51 PM)vetvso Wrote: If your employer pays for the classes then you should exceed the 16 credits in residence to eliminate the fee.

That could certainly be a work-around if your employer won't pay the residency waiver. You would take at least 16 credits of online or guided study courses to avoid the residency waiver fee. The downside is 4 more courses that are not self-paced.
Might not be a bad idea to do some classes in the background while I’m doing self paced. 

Are the TESU courses 4 credits each?

(03-13-2019, 03:53 PM)allvia Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:23 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: Curious though, will they make me take the cornerstone within the first couple months? I need to wait 6mos for TA to be paid so I don't want to take that right away because work will cover that.

dfrecore did include the newly required version of the TESU cornerstone (3 credit SOS-110), so there is no urgency for you to take it.  I would work on gaining the credits from alt sources that you need until your tuition assistance kicks in.  Taking a LL TECEP (such as the Liberal Arts Math she suggested, I believe that also will take care of your math for the BALS) is a great place to start; it gets you enrolled so that you can send in transcripts right along.  It is always easier with TESU if you are an actively enrolled student - and it is nice to see things post to your evaluation and turn 'complete' (many of the alt providers send transcripts for free).
I’ll def have to study for that one - not a big math fan but sounds like it will fit the bill and I have to do it anyway, right?  Thanks so much for the advice!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
TESU courses are 3cr each.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • suzycupcake
(03-13-2019, 04:13 PM)suzycupcake Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:53 PM)allvia Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:23 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: Curious though, will they make me take the cornerstone within the first couple months? I need to wait 6mos for TA to be paid so I don't want to take that right away because work will cover that.

dfrecore did include the newly required version of the TESU cornerstone (3 credit SOS-110), so there is no urgency for you to take it.  I would work on gaining the credits from alt sources that you need until your tuition assistance kicks in.  Taking a LL TECEP (such as the Liberal Arts Math she suggested, I believe that also will take care of your math for the BALS) is a great place to start; it gets you enrolled so that you can send in transcripts right along.  It is always easier with TESU if you are an actively enrolled student - and it is nice to see things post to your evaluation and turn 'complete' (many of the alt providers send transcripts for free).

I’ll def have to study for that one - not a big math fan but sounds like it will fit the bill and I have to do it anyway, right?  Thanks so much for the advice!

Khan Academy is a great free resource to use for brushing up on your math skills - https://www.khanacademy.org
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • suzycupcake
Ok just filled out my application!

Do I have to actually PASS this TECEP or just take it for the purpose of getting enrolled? Obv I'd like to pass but I really struggle with math so I'm not banking on this.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(03-13-2019, 06:59 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: Ok just filled out my application!

Do I have to actually PASS this TECEP or just take it for the purpose of getting enrolled?  Obv I'd like to pass but I really struggle with math so I'm not banking on this.
If you don't pass you only lose the tuition, you're still enrolled. Personally, I would not choose to do a subject you have problems with as a TECEP. That would be one to do as a course with smaller assignments and quizzes.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I think you are required to take SOS-110 Living in the Information Age. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...on-AgeThis class is a writing class and seems to be targeted to the lower classmen. I just finished it myself back Jan and I found it to be an easy A. I also took English I with Thomas Edison and I found the class really helped me to be where I am today. Another easy A but you could also test out if you need it with DSST or CLEP. I personally have found the DSST tests to be easy to navigate and to study for.

You could then study up on the DSST PRINCIPLES OF ADVANCED ENGLISH COMPOSITION http://www.getcollegecredit.com/wpconten...sition.pdf
While preparing for this test you are also preparing for the DSST Technical writing test. There is a thread here but you may have to pay to access the info and feedback. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ST?page=13

I use the InstantCert Subscribers section for the very valuable feedback but it's not necessary. Try to overlap your testing and classes so you can test more often and at a faster pace. Here is a website that may help you with difficulty and overlap. http://www.free-clep-prep.com/CLEP-and-D...-List.html

I hope this helps and there is a lot of info on this site in regards to study materials with most being free so search the website.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,978 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch