Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Mill Credential Backfires
This guy got away with it for a while but it looks like he's about to be in big trouble.  Greed got him in the end.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/investigat...e-2463081/
Aren't you supposed to vet potential employees before they're hired and not after they've left employment? Seems like a whole bunch of people messed up on hiring him and promoting him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • jch
From the article:

“Mr. Fudenberg did not claim to have any college degrees in applications to the County, and we were not aware of him making such claims with anyone else,” county spokesman Dan Kulin wrote in an email.

So, this was just a guy padding his resume to sounds more impressive. Didn’t need a bachelor’s degree to become coroner (which is kind of shocking) and didn’t claim to have one.

I actually find his choice of business degrees interesting. I also wonder how strategic that was. If I were hiring a coroner, I feel like I would want someone with degrees in a relevant field, such as forensics, criminology/law enforcement, biology, anatomy, perhaps nursing. Something that would show expertise in the area in which that person is purportedly an expert. This guy went the opposite direction. I am sure he managed a staff and a budget, so an MBA is not TOTALLY irrelevant. I wonder if he was thinking something like “if I claim a BA in biology and a masters in forensic sciences, people will care about this and check up on it; nobody really cares about me claiming Business degrees”. That, or the Business degrees were easier/cheaper to get from the degree mill.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
Many corporations don't have quality checks in place, the same goes for public agencies, it's really sad that so many go through the cracks and the only way to get to them is when they "make a news worthy mistake". By the time someone is onto the quality check/verification of credentials, it's too late, they've either jumped ship or gone abroad...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-25-2021, 02:50 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Aren't you supposed to vet potential employees before they're hired and not after they've left employment? Seems like a whole bunch of people messed up on hiring him and promoting him.

Many of those who do interviews have no clue when it comes to degrees. I went to an interview and the person thought my Bachelors was fake because he thought Excelsior College in New York was not real. He said he knew the New York system as he had a degree from Regents College in New York and there was no Excelsior College. We both went to the same college. Regents College was renamed Excelsior College, then Excelsior University and I have not checked to see what they are calling themselves this week. The guy could not even keep track of the current name of his own college.
[-] The following 2 users Like MichaelGates's post:
  • cokididwa, midnite123

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 584 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 260 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 599 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,688 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 497 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 282 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 841 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,226 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,821 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74