• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Plan Help
Big Grin 
Well, I  made a choice but now what??

Want to obtain the following comparable US Degree:

"Bachelor's Programme in International Business and Politics"
https://www.su.se/english/search-courses...code=31792

Thomas Edison a good choice?

How in the world do I put the plan for this together using the Exams/Credits/Courses needed? 
Please, can you help.  Thank you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes M Oso's post:
  • Life_One
So none of the Big 3 have that degree in particular. They all have a degree in business that can be done entirely through alternative credits except the cornerstone and/or capstone, for between $6600-$8600 start to finish.

TESU has a BSBS w/concentration in International Business (although that concentration can't be fully tested out of), you'd need to bring in 3 courses for the Area of Study.

TESU has a BA in International Studies, but it would be impossible to do via testing out.

My advice: get an inexpensive degree here for business w/o a concentration, and save your money for a 2nd degree or MA in International Relations.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • M Oso
(06-26-2019, 04:09 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU has a BA in International Studies, but it would be impossible to do via testing out.
What do you mean by impossible? Can you not test out of the majority of the degree?
I ask because I found a similar program at TESU I would like to take, but I want to make sure I can still CLEP/DSST out of most of it and just take the capstone course at the end. 

https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/inter...l-business

Quote:My advice: get an inexpensive degree here for business w/o a concentration, and save your money for a 2nd degree or MA in International Relations.
What's the advantage of getting a degree without a concentration vs with one, is it cheaper?

Many Thanks!
(07-18-2019, 09:12 AM)dosorio02 Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 04:09 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU has a BA in International Studies, but it would be impossible to do via testing out.
What do you mean by impossible? Can you not test out of the majority of the degree?
I ask because I found a similar program at TESU I would like to take, but I want to make sure I can still CLEP/DSST out of most of it and just take the capstone course at the end. 

Quote:My advice: get an inexpensive degree here for business w/o a concentration, and save your money for a 2nd degree or MA in International Relations.
What's the advantage of getting a degree without a concentration vs with one, is it cheaper?

Many Thanks!

The BSBA in International Business (TESU BSBA-IB) has required AOS courses that there are no alternative methods of earning credits (which is what we focus on here, for low cost), so you would have to take the courses through TESU (or other 4yr university to transfer in, as most AOS course are UL) - this is expensive.

The advantage of getting a degree w/o concentration (in this example the TESU BSBA-GM) is that credits are readily available through low cost alternative methods (other that the cornerstone and capstone course - those two are required for all degrees through TESU).  There are a few BSBA concentrations other than the general management that can be earned through alternative credit means, but at this time international business is not one of them.

Are you in the US? Do you already have a foreign degree (or foreign/US credits) in the subject? If so then this could change you own options, but not of those starting from scratch.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(07-18-2019, 10:22 AM)allvia Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 09:12 AM)dosorio02 Wrote:

Many Thanks!

The BSBA in International Business (TESU BSBA-IB) has required AOS courses that there are no alternative methods of earning credits (which is what we focus on here, for low cost), so you would have to take the courses through TESU (or other 4yr university to transfer in, as most AOS course are UL) - this is expensive.

The advantage of getting a degree w/o concentration (in this example the TESU BSBA-GM) is that credits are readily available through low cost alternative methods (other that the cornerstone and capstone course - those two are required for all degrees through TESU).  There are a few BSBA concentrations other than the general management that can be earned through alternative credit means, but at this time international business is not one of them.

Are you in the US? Do you already have a foreign degree (or foreign/US credits) in the subject? If so then this could change you own options, but not of those starting from scratch.

In that case could I test out of the first 102 credits (60 General, 36 Professional Business, 6 Elective) and finish the remaining 18 AOS credits via TESU? 

I'm fresh out of high-school and the only college credits I have are 3 from completing the Psych 101 CLEP.
These are the only known international business option I know of through alt credit:

sdc Business 308 international and global management OR Davar International Management
(both transfer as the same thing and UL)

sdc finance 302 international finance OR Davar International Finance
(both transfer as the same thing and UL)

sdc marketing 303 global marketing (UL)

sdc business 120 international business
(do the business in society TECEP for the requirement for the core)

But because of the degree plan layout, it looks like only 6 credits would count. (intro to international business and international finance OR international marketing) So would leave 12 credits remaining as none of the above courses fit the elective requirements I believe.

The remaining international business electives would have to be taken at TESU or another college. If you did the 12 credits at TESU plus SOS-110 and the capstone, you wouldn't have to pay the $2800 residency waiver. This could be a good option.

I am not sure if COSC and EC offer international business but they are cheaper degree options. WGU also offers cheaper business degrees but not in international business.

Keep in mind all of TESU business degrees aren't majors but concentrations. Your major is not an international business, it's just your concentration of only 18 credits. Not that it matters but just so you know.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,456 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 771 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,179 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,701 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 952 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  These Rural Texans Opted Out of a Degree. This Community College Wants Them Back LevelUP 1 376 12-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Avidreader