Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Plan help - Academic Eval included. Proctor dodging.

.pdf   Less than 1 minute ago">AcademicEvalBSBAGM.pdf (Size: 99.44 KB / Downloads: 8)

Here's my Eval from TESU. The only things I've completed since getting this is the World Civ clep (to finish my associates) and Intermediate Algebra from ALEKS (I probably don't actually need it...). Taking Stats next.

Need help choosing as many courses as possible that don't require a proctor or can be proctored online from outside of the USA.

I'm also wondering why my speech class (COM161) didn't transfer as a comm class. :/

Can some of the business classes from ALEKS work? I haven't really seen anyone mention them so I'm assuming not.

Also, I sent my transcripts a while ago so I'm glad they still have them on file and I can still use the eval software. I owe my previous school a ridiculous amount of money and can't get my transcripts sent anywhere again until I catch up on payments. So, that will be the last thing I do before transferring to TESU and enrolling. I'd like to get as much testing done as possible before that. This also means that I can't get an evaluation from anywhere else without spending thousands of dollars.

Anyway, thanks for all the help! You guys are great!
Ok, so here are a couple of things you need to do:

1) Call TESU and ask them to move your Speech course up to the Oral Comm Requirement. Not sure why they didn't put it there automatically, but this should be an easy fix.

2) Ask them to move Intro to Religion to the Info Lit Requirement. This one is a little trickier, and they may say no. IF they do, you could appeal it, which is very simple. You go back to the school, get a copy of the syllabus, and send it into TESU online (I can't remember the process, but I did it myself and it worked, and it was simple). I would do this, it certainly can't hurt, especially if you covered the major religions in the world (which I'm assuming you did). IF they won't move it after that, you should probably take World Religions since it will probably be an easy course for you to pass quickly.

3) After the move those courses (assuming) then you need to ask them to move a couple course from "Other courses" up to Gen Ed Electives, which they will do. Doesn't matter which ones.

At that point, you just start working the plan of accumulating your credits. I've included a plan for you, and each course will have multiple options. Just choose the ones that have online proctoring - ALEKS's Stats course is a given (you don't need Intermediate or College Algebra so don't waste your time there). Saylor, SL, Study.com, Davar, TECEP's - will all work for you. The only things to avoid are CLEP and DSST exams, so I removed those from the plan.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">lillingworth TESU 2016 BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 33.58 KB / Downloads: 2)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Ok, so here are a couple of things you need to do:

1) Call TESU and ask them to move your Speech course up to the Oral Comm Requirement. Not sure why they didn't put it there automatically, but this should be an easy fix.

2) Ask them to move Intro to Religion to the Info Lit Requirement. This one is a little trickier, and they may say no. IF they do, you could appeal it, which is very simple. You go back to the school, get a copy of the syllabus, and send it into TESU online (I can't remember the process, but I did it myself and it worked, and it was simple). I would do this, it certainly can't hurt, especially if you covered the major religions in the world (which I'm assuming you did). IF they won't move it after that, you should probably take World Religions since it will probably be an easy course for you to pass quickly.

3) After the move those courses (assuming) then you need to ask them to move a couple course from "Other courses" up to Gen Ed Electives, which they will do. Doesn't matter which ones.

At that point, you just start working the plan of accumulating your credits. I've included a plan for you, and each course will have multiple options. Just choose the ones that have online proctoring - ALEKS's Stats course is a given (you don't need Intermediate or College Algebra so don't waste your time there). Saylor, SL, Study.com, Davar, TECEP's - will all work for you. The only things to avoid are CLEP and DSST exams, so I removed those from the plan.

Thank you so much! This is great!!

Is it okay to take the Stats211 class through ALEKS?
Yes, you can take it through ALEKS.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
By "business classes" at ALEKS, I'm wondering if you mean Accounting Cycle or Principles of Accounting or things like that? If so, you can take them, but you won't get college credit for them. They are not ACE-approved. The only courses you can take for credit at ALEKS are the ones with the little blue (ACE) next to them. So, Business Stats will work from the Business section.

Then, you can take Beginning Algebra (ACE-approved but you can't get credit for it at TESU), Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, and Precalculus. I think Trig is available as well, but it comes into TESU as the same course number. And any ONE of the Stats courses will come in (Intro to Stats, Business Stats and Stats for the Behavioral Sciences).

So you can get a total of 12cr at TESU, although I think you can get 15cr at COSC and EC. But I could be wrong there.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:By "business classes" at ALEKS, I'm wondering if you mean Accounting Cycle or Principles of Accounting or things like that? If so, you can take them, but you won't get college credit for them. They are not ACE-approved. The only courses you can take for credit at ALEKS are the ones with the little blue (ACE) next to them. So, Business Stats will work from the Business section.

Then, you can take Beginning Algebra (ACE-approved but you can't get credit for it at TESU), Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, and Precalculus. I think Trig is available as well, but it comes into TESU as the same course number. And any ONE of the Stats courses will come in (Intro to Stats, Business Stats and Stats for the Behavioral Sciences).

So you can get a total of 12cr at TESU, although I think you can get 15cr at COSC and EC. But I could be wrong there.

Okay this is what I was wondering. Just to be clear, Intro to Stats and Business Stats from ALEKS are duplicates? For TESU, I mean.
lillingworth Wrote:Okay this is what I was wondering. Just to be clear, Intro to Stats and Business Stats from ALEKS are duplicates? For TESU, I mean.

Yes, they are. All the stats courses through ALEKS duplicate at TESU
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
Is it the same with business stats as in intro to stats, where you pass the initial assessment with at least 70% you receive credit for the course?
clep_master Wrote:Is it the same with business stats as in intro to stats, where you pass the initial assessment with at least 70% you receive credit for the course?

All ALEKS courses are set up exactly the same way, same rules.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,274 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,778 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,751 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,939 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,936 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,653 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero