Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree mapping question Thomas Edison
Hey All,
Quick question. I plan on getting my Liberal Arts Degree or Homland Security Degree with Thomas Edison. I wanted to start taking cleps, Dantes, straighterline, etc but didnt know what to take. The issue I am having is I have taken 40 FEMA classes, numerous college classes in different colleges, as well as credits earned thru the NYPD Police Academy. How do I know what to take to fufill my degree requirments? Should I send everything to Thomas Edison first, to see what fits where? I just dont want to overlap anything. Thanks All!!!
mdel210201 Wrote:Hey All,
Quick question. I plan on getting my Liberal Arts Degree or Homland Security Degree with Thomas Edison. I wanted to start taking cleps, Dantes, straighterline, etc but didnt know what to take. The issue I am having is I have taken 40 FEMA classes, numerous college classes in different colleges, as well as credits earned thru the NYPD Police Academy. How do I know what to take to fufill my degree requirments? Should I send everything to Thomas Edison first, to see what fits where? I just dont want to overlap anything. Thanks All!!!

Welcome to the forum,
There are plenty of people here that can help out with mapping a degree plan, however, they can't help you if you don't list what you've already taken. And yes, you need to send in all your transcripts in to TESC so you can get an evaluation done. That way you are not stuck guessing what goes where, and you'll see exactly what you need to satisfy for your degree.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
thank you so much for the info. Last question. Do I have to enroll in actual classes to get the eval done? or can I just enroll to find out where I stand without enrolling in a Thomas Edison class?

Thanks again
You can get an evaluation without being enrolled. You can even enroll without taking a course. All you have to do is pay the application fee and send in all of your transcripts. TESC will give you up to two evaluations before you enroll. You have 6 months to enroll after you're admitted or TESC will basically trash all of your records and you have to send everything all over again. When you decide to enroll, you can either choose the Enrolled Options Plan which is cheapest for those taking less than 24 credit hours a year in TESC courses or you can choose the Comprehensive Tuition Plan which is cheapest for those taking more than 24 credit hours a year in TESC courses. I chose the former because I didn't need any TESC courses to graduate; I transferred a lot of credits from other colleges and tested out of the rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,687 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,240 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,886 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,490 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,373 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,698 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,916 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,794 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,058 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,981 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM