Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree plan ideas and help!
I’ve been reading the forum for a few years now and can’t believe how much information is out there! There's so much that I don't even know where to go from here. I really need some help figuring out the quickest ways to reach my goals and the right school to complete my degree through.

I have an AA in General Studies from AMU (2011). I am two courses shy for a BA in Psychology from AMU. However, due to having to take a break from school, I am now dis-enrolled from AMU and don’t know if I really want to stay with them or if I want to even complete a BA in Psychology. I am looking at potentially completing a second Associate’s (preferably in something more technical) and the quickest path to any Bachelor’s degree. Upon completion of my Bachelors, I need to figure out what Master’s program would be best. Any assistance anyone can provide to identify the right school with the quickest degree paths would be greatly appreciated!

Here are the courses I have. Of note, all courses are with a C grade or higher.

AMU
COLL100 – Foundations of Online Learning (3 credits)
ENGL101- Proficiency in Writing (3 credits)
PHIL200 – Intro to Ethics (3 credits)
LITR211 – English Literature 18th Century to Present (3 credits)
MATH125 – Math for Liberal Arts Majors (3 credits)
POLS210 – American Government (3 credits)
SCIN130 – Intro to Biology with Lab (4 credits)
SOCI111 – Intro to Sociology (3 credits)
CHFD342 – Human Life Span Development (3 credits)
PSYC101 – Intro to Psychology (3 credits)
PSYC102 – Professional Careers and Education in Psychology (3 credits)
PSYC221 – Personality Theories (3 credits)
PSYC300 – Research Methods in Psychology (3 credits)
PSYC303 – Learning and Cognition (3 credits)
PSYC304 – Perception (3 credits)
PSYC305 – History and Systems of Psychology (3 credits)
PSYC325 – Biopsychology (3 credits)
PSYC406 – Psychopathology (3 credits)
CHFD220 – Human Sexuality (3 credits)
CHFD307 – Child and Adolescent Development (3 credits)
PSYC201 – Intro to Social Psychology (3 credits)
PSYC324 – Psychology of Addiction and Substance Abuse (3 credits)
PSYC360 – Psychology of Terrorism (3 credits)
PSYC498 – Senior Seminar in Psychology (3 credits)
SCIN132 – Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology without lab (3 credits)

Coastline CC
SOCI110 – Marriage and Family (3 credits)

Wayland Baptist University
HIST101 – American History to 1877 (3 credits)
HIST102 – American History since 1877 (3 credits)

JST – Of note, some of the credits are listed under the same title but each item listed below is a different set of credits on my JST.
Personal Community Health (1 LL)
Personal Conditioning (1 LL)
Digital Communications (3 LL)
Electronic Communications (3 LL)
Electronic Systems Troubleshooting and Maintenance (3 LL)
Digital Communications (3 LL)
Electronic Communications (3 LL)
Field Experience in Survival Techniques or Outdoorsmanship Laboratory (2 LL)
Field Experience in Survival Techniques or Outdoorsmanship Lecture (1 LL)
Nautical Science Navigation (3 LL)
Nautical Science Seamanship (3 LL)
Communications Electronics (2 LL)
Computer Applications (3 LL)
Computer Systems and Organization (2 LL)
Records and Information Management (3 LL)
Security Operations (2 LL)
Technical Mathematics (2 LL)
Computer Applications (3 LL)
Database Applications (3 LL)
Network Management (3 LL)
Security Operations (2 LL)
Supervision (3 LL)
Technical Writing (2 LL)
Network Systems Administration (3 UL)
Presentation Techniques (3 UL)
Project Management (3 UL)
Electronic Communications (4 LL)
Security Fundamentals (3 LL)
Supervision (3 LL)
Communication for Intelligence (3 UL)
Intelligence Analysis (3 UL)
Intelligence Collection (3 UL)
Intelligence Law and Procedures (3 UL)
Leadership (3 UL)
Management (3 UL)
Network Fundamentals (3 UL)
Project Management (3 UL)
Technical Intelligence (3 UL)

ACE TRANSCRIPTS
Beginning Algebra (3 credits from ALEKS)
Developing Effective Teams (1 credit from Sophia)

I am also currently working on the free cyber credits with TEEX as well.  
[-] The following 1 user Likes DNW0312's post:
  • Life Long Learning
You have a neat JST.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

That's an awesome set of courses you've completed. The only suggestion is to complete the BA Psychology classes at AMU.
The main reason is that you're two classes away from the degree, it would be "wise" to continue with them. If you choose to continue with them, they'll be your cheapest/easiest/fastest route to the degree.

If you decide on another, their requirements are different, and the fees are different (example, if you go to TESU for their BA Psychology, you'll have to pay a residency waiver and also a capstone course - that'll be $2500+$1500, $4000).

You should finish those two classes left at AMU and then look up Masters degree programs for cheap/easy/fast (read my thread in the Graduate Discussion subforum or other threads here for ideas).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 is right. AMU will be your fastest and cheapest.

Excelsior College would be maybe the best alternative for a different degree as you have a ton of great military public service credits and they are the best of the Big 3 with military/Veterans.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Most people would rather avoid the capstone course which all of the Big 3 require. It's a lot of writing.

If you don't mind writing, you might look into PLA-ing the rest of a technical Bachelor's degree.

If you don't want a psych degree, what degree so you think you would like? I personally wouldn't bother with another associate's, just start in on whatever bachelor's you truly want and get it DONE. In fact, you should probably finish the psych degree anyway, then decide what you really want to do (second bachelor's, certificate, nanodegree, master's, etc...). Just having a bachelor's will help careerwise while you're figuring things out.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thank you all for the input and for the kind words on my JST! I am going to complete the last two courses with AMU for my BA in Psychology, just not quite yet.  The biggest thing is that I utilized tuition assistance for the degree so once it is complete, I won't be able to get secondary Bachelor's degree unless I pay out of pocket for it, if I complete the Psychology degree first. I don't plan on getting my Masters in Psychology.

For the secondary Associates, I would have to pay out of pocket for the capstone but I wouldn't mind doing that if there is a degree plan that my current credits could fit into where I only have to take one or two classes. I figure it I have all of these random credits, might as well attempt to maximize the degrees at the Associates and Bachelors levels.  

Does anyone have any feedback on the MAOL through Brandman University? That seems like a possible long term goal utilizing the credits they award for military senior enlisted and officers.
I have bad news. A second bachelor's from TESU requires you take 24 credits AFTER the first degree is awarded, so you can't use your tuition assistance for them. I don't know what the rules might be if you try to get the AMU degree second.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Well, I have good news for you! I just skimmed through you info again - You're a perfect candidate for getting an Associates FREE en route to your Bachelors at TESU! You can get your second BA Psychology at AMU afterward!

The only uncertainty is, the required courses for the Associates - I'm thinking the ASNSM Comp Science (doesn't have an associates capstone), and the BSAST in Technical Studies (this is the only BSAST degree option that will take in LL college credit in the AOS, the rest have UL requirements).

The main thing you have to do is apply to TESU and get an evaluation for both degrees, I think you have enough AOS for the BSAST already, you may just require general education credits to complete the requirements.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-01-2017, 08:51 AM)DNW0312 Wrote: Thank you all for the input and for the kind words on my JST! I am going to complete the last two courses with AMU for my BA in Psychology, just not quite yet.  The biggest thing is that I utilized tuition assistance for the degree so once it is complete, I won't be able to get secondary Bachelor's degree unless I pay out of pocket for it, if I complete the Psychology degree first. I don't plan on getting my Masters in Psychology.

For the secondary Associates, I would have to pay out of pocket for the capstone but I wouldn't mind doing that if there is a degree plan that my current credits could fit into where I only have to take one or two classes. I figure it I have all of these random credits, might as well attempt to maximize the degrees at the Associates and Bachelors levels.  

Does anyone have any feedback on the MAOL through Brandman University? That seems like a possible long term goal utilizing the credits they award for military senior enlisted and officers.

If you find out anything on the MAOL through Brandman University in only 7 courses please share?  Looks neat?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,155 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,817 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,621 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,752 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,942 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,938 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,305 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,656 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero