Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between TEST Capstone and SDC assignment
I used to write a maximum of 1500 words assignments for SDC courses. How hard are TESU Capstone assignments? 

What is the frequency of submitting assignments in TESU
------------------

I never enrolled in the Capstone, but I saw some of the past threads which go into detail. Needless to say, the writing is substantially more than SDC assignments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tjguitar85's post:
  • akr680
The TESU capstone is a lot more involved than the SDC coursework. The capstone courses are closer to graduate-level work as they are intended to be used as a means to demonstrate that you have mastered the core aspects of your degree. As such, you will be doing a lot of research and analysis in addition to writing. The BA capstones are generally focused more on original research while the business capstone is focused more on case studies and application of knowledge and less on research.

Depending on the capstone course you're taking, the writing requirements will vary, but you'll usually have around a dozen smaller papers (3-7 pages) plus one large final project paper (~30 pages) at the end. Everything also needs to be in the proper academic format (APA or MLA) which also means title pages, index, and references (which are not included in page counts).
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • akr680, ss20ts
(06-06-2020, 05:28 PM)Merlin Wrote: The TESU capstone is a lot more involved than the SDC coursework. The capstone courses are closer to graduate-level work as they are intended to be used as a means to demonstrate that you have mastered the core aspects of your degree. As such, you will be doing a lot of research and analysis in addition to writing. The BA capstones are generally focused more on original research while the business capstone is focused more on case studies and application of knowledge and less on research.

Depending on the capstone course you're taking, the writing requirements will vary, but you'll usually have around a dozen smaller papers (3-7 pages) plus one large final project paper (~30 pages) at the end. Everything also needs to be in the proper academic format (APA or MLA) which also means title pages, index, and references (which are not included in page counts).

I'm enrolled in the BA capstone right now (June 2020, LIB-495), and our mentor specifically stated that no original research is permitted in the new format. It is a literature review only.
(06-08-2020, 11:24 AM)scorpion Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 05:28 PM)Merlin Wrote: The TESU capstone is a lot more involved than the SDC coursework. The capstone courses are closer to graduate-level work as they are intended to be used as a means to demonstrate that you have mastered the core aspects of your degree. As such, you will be doing a lot of research and analysis in addition to writing. The BA capstones are generally focused more on original research while the business capstone is focused more on case studies and application of knowledge and less on research.

I'm enrolled in the BA capstone right now (June 2020, LIB-495), and our mentor specifically stated that no original research is permitted in the new format. It is a literature review only.

Interesting. I wonder when that changed? If you're just doing a literature review now, it sounds like they've made it a bit easier... and a bit less interesting too. Some of our forum members did pretty cool stuff for their BA capstone research projects in the past.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • akr680
Hi! It looks like you are going for a BSBA. I am currently taking the TESU BSBA Capstone. It is a heavy course load and I don't recommend taking it with other classes. Each week I am reading 1-2 chapters from my text book. The chapters are very, very dense and then I am following up with a google slide show lecture. There's weekly posting that is fairly in-depth (simple responses won't cut it here), then at the end of most weeks you have a case study on business strategy and how a particular company achieved (or lack their of) to obtain a competitive advantage over rivals in their market. The case studies are 1000-1100 word count, APA format and encourage outside research. That's per week. There are the occasional breaks in weeks of case studies for your Midterm and then you also have your final paper that is a consolidation of everything you have learned through all of your business classes for making a recommendation to a company like Google, Lockheed Martin, etc that is 3500-5500 words.

Look, the Capstone is not impossible by any sense of the word, but make room in your schedule and explain to your family that it is going to be a significant time demand for the next few months.
Current Course(s): Business Administration Capstone BUS-421 (TESU)

AMU (9); CSM (3); CLEP (15); DSST (3); InstantCert (15); Institutes (3)Military (51); Sophia (6); Straighterline (15); Study.com (6); Thomas Edison State University (3); University of Alaska (12)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,561 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 551 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,386 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,121 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,189 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 932 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 714 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Proficiency test gams007 1 563 03-21-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 909 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone disney_day_dreamer 12 2,054 02-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: natshar