Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dillema with Financial Aid & Paying Excelsior fees...& Now the Depth Requirement too
I initially planned on getting Federal Financial Aid to pay the $922 fee and 290 Info Literacy course fee. However, I was just told that I would need to register for at least 6 credits to qualify for Financial Aid. I did not plan on taking any course (aside from Info Literacy), since I'm preparing to take 5 exams to satisfy the remaining requirements. Now I have to find a way to pay for something I definately didn't budget for Sad....

While I was typing this post, i was on the line with Excelsior, and just found out that DSST Drug & Alcohol Abuse will not satisfy my Upperl Level requirement because it's considered an applied professioanl credit and I need a General Education Arts & Science course. They also told me that I need an additional depth requirement. My best bet would be an upper level communications course/exam, or and Upper level History exam (along with taking the American Dream exam). Can anyone recommend something?

My advisor also tried hard to discourage me from taking the American Dream exam. He said it was extremely difficult and that the pass rate was very low. Can anyone advise on this? (I know, I know, I'm going to do a search on here about it).

So basically, my April 4th date is down the drain :mad:. But that's okay: que cera, cera....whatever wil be will be.

Oficially a Graduate!!Big Grin
COSC B.S. Independent/Liberal Studies (Business Admin & Healthcare Admin)

Exams Passed:
- DSST: Technical Writing 64
- DSST: Principles of Supervision 58
- CLEP: A&I Literature 74
- DSST: Intro to Business 66
- DSST: Ethics in America 63
- DSST: Intro to World Religions 67
ALL DONE!! hilarious[SIZE=4]
[/SIZE]
cinderly Wrote:For UL A&S - have you taken either of the DSST history exams (Civil War or USSR?) Those would tie in nicely for a depth.

I'm really sorry to hear this, loredia. Don't these people realize we plan things around being finished by specifc dates?!

I just didn't want to take any additional History exams....they just require so much mroe studying....lol. I wonder how difficult the DSSt history Exams are...:confused:

The stinky part is that I got accepted to law school based on having my BS by May. I guess now I'll be starting in August Sad.

Oficially a Graduate!!Big Grin
COSC B.S. Independent/Liberal Studies (Business Admin & Healthcare Admin)

Exams Passed:
- DSST: Technical Writing 64
- DSST: Principles of Supervision 58
- CLEP: A&I Literature 74
- DSST: Intro to Business 66
- DSST: Ethics in America 63
- DSST: Intro to World Religions 67
ALL DONE!! hilarious[SIZE=4]
[/SIZE]
loredia Wrote:My advisor also tried hard to discourage me from taking the American Dream exam. He said it was extremely difficult and that the pass rate was very low. Can anyone advise on this? (I know, I know, I'm going to do a search on here about it).

I never took the American Dream exam, but I did take another EC "extended response" (aka essay) exam. I can tell you that if you do not put in a fair amount of time studying with the RECOMMENDED text list from EC, then you will not have a lot of fun on this type of test.
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="3"]Bachelor of Science - Excelsior College[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Areas of Focus: Administrative/Management & Health Professions[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  July 2018 current fees at the Big 3 dfrecore 70 12,661 09-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Last Post: KawJa
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,802 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU gen. ed. algebra requirement alternatives? kietro 5 1,691 07-27-2018, 09:58 AM
Last Post: rckola911
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,135 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,859 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,266 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 945 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,243 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,750 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,202 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning