Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diploma received from Parchment
(01-06-2023, 03:55 PM)KSoul Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 03:42 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 01:51 PM)KSoul Wrote: It was asked a few times, so wanted to share the UMPI Diploma from Parchment

Compared to the TESU and WGU diplomas in our storage, the UMPI holds up nicely. I look forward to seeing how the seal pops in person.

Thank you for sharing. It looks good, however I see the text looks overlapped a bit. I wonder how the print compy will hold up

This is a classic example of how we sometimes choose to see what we want to see and miss the details. I did not notice how jacky the writing was on 'Bachelor of Art in Business Administration.' After reading your text, that is all I can see! 

Thanks  Tongue

Was that a scan or rendered from a PDF? It looks like a PDF where the wrong font was mapped because the user didn't have a close match. I would be surprised and disappointed if a printed copy was rendered that poorly.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • origamishuttle
(01-06-2023, 04:14 PM)davewill Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 01:51 PM)KSoul Wrote: It was asked a few times, so wanted to share the UMPI Diploma from Parchment

Compared to the TESU and WGU diplomas in our storage, the UMPI holds up nicely. I look forward to seeing how the seal pops in person.

Thank you for sharing. It looks good, however I see the text looks overlapped a bit. I wonder how the print compy will hold up

This is a classic example of how we sometimes choose to see what we want to see and miss the details. I did not notice how jacky the writing was on 'Bachelor of Art in Business Administration.' After reading your text, that is all I can see! 

Thanks  Tongue

Was that a scan or rendered from a PDF? It looks like a PDF where the wrong font was mapped because the user didn't have a close match. I would be surprised and disappointed if a printed copy was rendered that poorly.

It was an official DL (JPG) from the Parchment site. I sent an email to UMPI giving them a heads-up to support quality control. They were unaware of the issue, initially thinking it was a browser or app issue and then confirming it was wonky.

I also reached out to Parchment and will share any feedback from them. UMPI seemed confident there would be no issue with the hard copy.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 1 user Likes KSoul's post:
  • origamishuttle
(01-06-2023, 05:24 PM)KSoul Wrote:

Thanks  Tongue

It was an official DL (JPG) from the Parchment site. I sent an email to UMPI giving them a heads-up to support quality control. They were unaware of the issue, initially thinking it was a browser or app issue and then confirming it was wonky.

I also reached out to Parchment and will share any feedback from them. UMPI seemed confident there would be no issue with the hard copy.

I recently finished and am wondering how this work? Do I need an account on Parchment? I have one but no option to add UMPI from my account...
[-] The following 1 user Likes d48reu's post:
  • origamishuttle
(01-07-2023, 07:10 PM)d48reu Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 03:42 PM)ashkir Wrote: Thank you for sharing. It looks good, however I see the text looks overlapped a bit. I wonder how the print compy will hold up

Thanks  Tongue

I recently finished and am wondering how this work? Do I need an account on Parchment? I have one but no option to add UMPI from my account...

You'll receive an email in your UMPI email from Parchment, which will provide a link to the diploma. If you have an account with Parchment, the link goes right to the page with the digital diploma, and if you don't, there are a few simple steps Parchment will walk you through.

There is nothing to do except hold tight for the email from Parchment.
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
RANSOMSOUL
  • origamishuttle
(01-07-2023, 09:13 PM)KSoul Wrote:
(01-07-2023, 07:10 PM)d48reu Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 03:55 PM)KSoul Wrote: This is a classic example of how we sometimes choose to see what we want to see and miss the details. I did not notice how jacky the writing was on 'Bachelor of Art in Business Administration.' After reading your text, that is all I can see! 

Thanks  Tongue

You'll receive an email in your UMPI email from Parchment, which will provide a link to the diploma. If you have an account with Parchment, the link goes right to the page with the digital diploma, and if you don't, there are a few simple steps Parchment will walk you through.

There is nothing to do except hold tight for the email from Parchment.
 Thank you!
[-] The following 1 user Likes d48reu's post:
  • KSoul
Parchment has fixed/updated the font issue. I left the K in the lettering to show the font for the names. This is the document you DL from Parchment. The official diploma also arrived in the mail today. 

UMPI Diploma
RANSOMSOUL
Official Diploma / Overall, I am pleased with the digital and hard copies. When printing the digital document, you can decide if you want it to look as I posted above by printing just the diploma or including the second page stating: 

This digital credential is an official document of University of Maine at Presque Isle.  

Including the second page, your diploma will have a diagonal stamp across the front:

Printed from certified digital credential.

Also, if you try to edit the official document, it requests a password in photoshop. I converted the diploma page into a jpg to share with the group.
RANSOMSOUL
  • collegecareerstudent

Thanks  Tongue

Do you know how long it takes to get the notice from parchment about the digital copy of the diploma to view?
(01-27-2023, 02:23 PM)jai.patel11 Wrote: Do you know how long it takes to get the notice from parchment about the digital copy of the diploma to view?

Answered on the thread you started.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,220 Yesterday, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Parchment Question mikehart82 7 977 03-25-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  UMPI BAS Diploma nyjosh 9 794 02-01-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  How to download the electrical diploma? Alision 2 414 01-18-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Alision
Exclamation UMPI not accepting high school diploma because its not being sent by the school FM1 11 997 12-18-2023, 06:35 PM
Last Post: FM1
  Diploma wordings bvndz 9 936 10-13-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  XAMK diploma to UMPI? Olivia4826 5 527 10-08-2023, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Parchment Email for diploma? Jwheels27 40 4,175 09-03-2023, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Jwheels27
  UMPI Diploma Frame from Spirit Store joshua27 17 2,956 08-23-2023, 02:48 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  How long to get your diploma in the mail? mikehart82 3 522 08-16-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: ss20ts