Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do these courses count as Gen Ed at TESU?
I've emailed TESU and haven't heard back yet. I'm trying to round out my Gen Ed requirements with courses that seem fairly popular on the boards. Can you please tell me if all of these count as Gen Ed? The course number listed is what it transfers as to TESU. Thanks!

SL
Intro to Religion
REL-277

SL
IT Fundamentals
CIS-107

Study.com
College Math
MAT-102

Study.com
Intro to Math Reasoning
MAT-105

SL
Business Ethics
PHI-285

SL
Principles of Mgmt
MAN-210

SL
Environmental Science
ENS-200
Yes, those are all Gen Eds except Management.

And, some count in additional areas of gen ed's as well. Intro to Religion counts as Info Lit, IT Fundamentals and Enviro Science
will go in NatSci, math counts in Quant Lit, Business Ethics counts as Ethics.

For a BALS, Management will be a Free Elective. For a BSBA, it will go in the core.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-06-2018, 12:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Yes, those are all Gen Eds except Management.

And, some count in additional areas of gen ed's as well.  Intro to Religion counts as Info Lit, IT Fundamentals and Enviro Science

For a BALS, Management will be a Free Elective.  For a BSBA, it will go in the core.

I just received a response from TESU that confirmed this, thank you. However, they've stated they don't accept MAT-97 Intro to Math Reasoning from Study.com. I've seen a number of people on here take this course, so I was surprised by that.
(07-06-2018, 01:30 PM)monroe18 Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 12:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Yes, those are all Gen Eds except Management.

And, some count in additional areas of gen ed's as well.  Intro to Religion counts as Info Lit, IT Fundamentals and Enviro Science

For a BALS, Management will be a Free Elective.  For a BSBA, it will go in the core.

I just received a response from TESU that confirmed this, thank you. However, they've stated they don't accept MAT-97 Intro to Math Reasoning from Study.com. I've seen a number of people on here take this course, so I was surprised by that.

Hello.
They tried to say the same thing to me so I sent them the partnership agreement between study and TESU where it says that MAT 97 comes in as 4-credits MAT-105.

Let them know it’s stated on the partnership page and hopefully they will transfer it in.
[-] The following 2 users Like acamp's post:
  • cookderosa, suzycupcake
(07-06-2018, 01:33 PM)acamp Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 01:30 PM)monroe18 Wrote:

Hello.  
They tried to say the same thing to me so I sent them the partnership agreement between study and TESU where it says that MAT 97 comes in as 4-credits MAT-105.  

Let them know it’s stated on the partnership page and hopefully they will transfer it in.

Did you do that before you took the course? I emailed them back with this link that shows it transfers https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab
Yes I emailed them that same link and told them I took that course since it was on the partnership agreement or I would have never taken it. And no, I had to send them that link after I took the course when I needed the course transcripted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes acamp's post:
  • monroe18
(07-06-2018, 02:26 PM)acamp Wrote: Yes I emailed them that same link and told them I took that course since it was on the partnership agreement or I would have never taken it.   And no, I had to send them that link after I took the course when I needed the course transcripted.

Ok, that is really helpful information, thank you!
(07-06-2018, 02:30 PM)monroe18 Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 02:26 PM)acamp Wrote: Yes I emailed them that same link and told them I took that course since it was on the partnership agreement or I would have never taken it.   And no, I had to send them that link after I took the course when I needed the course transcripted.

Ok, that is really helpful information, thank you!

If they still give you trouble, they even told me what each course transfers in as for added proof (I posted that in one of my threads a few months ago)
If they still give you trouble, they even told me what each course transfers in as for added proof (I posted that in one of my threads a few months ago)
[/quote]

How was the course? How long did it take you to complete?

[/quote]

(07-06-2018, 04:45 PM)monroe18 Wrote: If they still give you trouble, they even told me what each course transfers in as for added proof (I posted that in one of my threads a few months ago)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Besides the personal finance course that I had to take for the Guardian scholarship, I thought the course was pretty manageable but the final exam I thought was very difficult. I scored a 88 on the practice final exam so I thought I was fine to take the final and barely passed the exam (I did thankfully).

I’m not sure if you can have a reference sheet for that final exam so check to make sure. I didn’t know about any of the allowed reference sheets until I was a few classes in. If it is allowed, then the final exam would have been much easier.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 3,760 Yesterday, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,762 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 787 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 569 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 675 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 298 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 576 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 424 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 458 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn