Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Global name impact?
Hi,

Just trying to check if Global name to online universities impacting to their career somehow? Or not being accepted?

I see many online universities are having Global name with the universities.

UMass global just came in from Brandon University.
I actually had the same question. I was networking with an alumni from UMass Global and couldn't remember what it was before.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
A study was shared a few months ago on the other forum. HR still has a bias against online programs; it's just not as strong as it used to be. In a previous study, HR professionals admitted they couldn't always tell a program was completed online. The "Global" names make it obvious that the school is either entirely or almost entirely virtual.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
First off, it's Brandman University which was part of the Chapman University System : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandman_University , not to be confused with Brandon University which is a provincial university in Canada : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_University

Second, here's an example of a State University with a Global campus, they changed their name from University of Maryland University College: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University...bal_Campus - I mean, it sounds so much better than "University College" and more suited for an international audience...

Third:  There were several failing For-Profit entities that were purchased and renamed/repurposed as Not-For-Profit "Global" campuses of Private or State/Public university systems as they are trying to expand on their international and online presence... 
Kaplan is now PUG: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purdue_University_Global
Ashford is now UAG: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Univer...bal_Campus

I am curious as to what will happen with Rasmussen and Grantham after they were recently purchased last year and earlier last month...
I think Rasmussen will remain a subsidiary and retain their name, Grantham might be merged with eVersity and retain their name...
Rasmussen purchased by APUS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasmussen_University
Grantham purchased : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grantham_University
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The point is the global name with universities clearly indicating those are 100% online and being impacted by organizations or employers or not.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
"Clearly" there is a wide variety of employers, people, organizations, will look at things differently. At the undergraduate level, I tell people not to worry about that, if you do, you can look at the State/Public schools that have an online presence instead. That means, TESU, UMPI etc... or UMass, WGU if you're in the states that endorse the university.

Each and every single person will be on varying areas of a query/survey, I think of them as like what they would rank others, such as strangers by IQ level just by looking at them such as this video here, you get various answers. I am addicted to watching these from Jubilee, each and every one of their subsidiary videos too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAlI0pbMQiM
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I have always imagined that the "Global" was an invitation to non-US students to apply.  I have no idea if enrollment numbers would support this guess but I know that there are a lot of Chinese and Indian students looking for US degrees.
I'm going to guess that if you have "Global" in the name, you're better off than not having a degree at all; and a little worse off MAYBE than someone without that school.

I have a kid going to Purdue Global now, and my husband may go; I don't anticipate them having any trouble due to the jobs they have/want though - so I think the answer is "it depends."

My husband has 25 years of experience in IT, and no real need for a degree at this time, so it's really not going to have an impact on him career-wise.

My kid may end up with a BS in Health & Wellness, but ultimately wants a 2yr AAS in Surgical Tech, so I imagine that she will work as an ST for a good long while, her BS won't matter until/unless she wants a promotion, and then it will be a checkbox degree for her at that point (her company is 100% paying for her BS, so no sense not going there).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humans may be fueling global warming by breathing: new study LevelUP 9 601 02-21-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
Shocked A ‘once in a generation’ winter storm will impact nearly every state! LevelUP 8 1,151 12-28-2022, 01:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Global Private Tutoring Alpha 1 462 11-01-2021, 02:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Global warming, human-caused climate change! bjcheung77 12 1,658 07-21-2021, 09:27 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Regent's and Galileo Global Education complete new partnership bjcheung77 0 719 10-16-2020, 06:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  COVID-19 Updated Impact Tracker on U.S. Universities PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 0 1,242 05-19-2020, 10:41 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Purdue University Global: 2018 Article Exploring Purdue's Agreement with Kaplan PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 2 1,108 05-23-2019, 07:40 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  how attitudes impact our educational goals rvm 21 3,003 02-08-2019, 01:41 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WOWZAH! I GOT ACCEPTED!! Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship! bjcheung77 8 1,945 12-14-2016, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Johann
  The Online STEM Classroom--Who Succeeds? An Exploration of the Impact of Ethnicity, G Mamasaphire 3 952 11-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hightecrebel